• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

wires for solar pump

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Rancher3!

Reaction score
I read on here that someone recommended running the wires through the hose from pump to trough. How does a guy seal the pipe where you put the wires in? Finally got my system going and now can see its a good idea to run the wires in the hose

We have done it that way before. Just a dab of silicone sealant works great. Now we wire don't go through the hose and we wire everything with regular 3 prong plug in ends. When we connect them where cows might get at them, we just use electrical tape around the connectors and tape the cord to the hose. If we need to stretch out the hose or the water source shrinks back, we can then use a chunk of hose and add a regular extension cord to stretch the power out.

You can use a threaded tee and seal the wires with a strain connector like they use where wire go into the box on industrial electric motors.
I think you can get a variety pac at Home Depot.
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/pvc-threaded-strain-relief-connector-150-1-2-inch/954713

Latest posts