• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wish me luck!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm going to the local big buck contest andf hope to take the trophy home. He is a nice buck, and I hope he wins, but even if he comes in second, or last, I don't really care, cause this is my first buck and I am proud of him none the less. I spent countless hours prepping for the trip, getting into shape, and I learned many, many, new things about the woods, and other topics, including meeting some new people. I got to spend quality time with Dad, witch is all that really matters. He is also very important to me, because my Grandpa died almost a year ago now, and today is the day that he was admitted into the ICU at the hospital. He told me he would come through this and we would get my first buck together, and his last words to me were, " Take care of the family, get a good job, and make me proud. Always remember, no matter where you are, that I will always love you, and watch over you. So I will be watching when you take down the big boy for me when the season rools around. And remember, let the little boys grow--take care of the big boys, and use the meat because that is what God put them on this earth for, for us. And remember to say hi and take care of your pup for me. Remember, I love you."

So I got Myself myfirst, as well as Grandpa's last buck.
I still miss him, and I am crying now. So, Here's to you, Grandpa!!!

ACS,
you don't know it but you already won along time ago, anything from now on is fluff, but good luck anyway.

sw said:
ACS,
you don't know it but you already won along time ago, anything from now on is fluff, but good luck anyway.

I think I get the gist of it, but I think that I am not wise enough to completely understand this. Please explain. Thanks for all of the luck all. Signing off, this is Angus Cattle Shower.

Just got back from the measuring, and I am both surprised and excited!
He scored 117 6/8, and I took the trophy home! Well not yet, because the awards ceremony is in a couple of weeks. I thought that he would score higher, and so did a couple of other people, but I still am very glad!!!
The rest of the family did well too, but no-one else placed as high. My cousin got second in the female youth non-typical whitetail class with a small 3 point. He scored 57 7/8. Her brother got second in the typical youth whitetail class with 114 5/8. Grandpa is pleased too. His mulie scored 101 7/8, and still clenched 3rd place, and his non-typical whitetail with a drop tine got 10th, scoring
126 2/8. Dad diddn't tag out this year because he said he was having fun just shooting the coyotes and watching me on my first season! Uncle forgot his in the truck box, but still got it scored at 122 3/8. He got last place with the typical whitetail. There were some huge bucks there, just not a lot of youth. When I got word of my winning, the first thing I did was drop to a knee and prayed. I thank God for all that he has done for me.

YEE-HAW!!!!

greg said:
Way to go little buddy,sounds like you had a great season all around!!

Oh yeah!

Just got a phone call saying that I got first and second in Junior Photography, and they will phone me tomorrow or later on in the week if I won All around!!!

I even git myself a party and the works! And I just had fun to get to have fun!!!

Well, I don't know if I can make it to the awards nite, Mom and Dad got good tickets to George Straight. I'm gonna go with gramma and grampa so I can still get the plaque. I'm mounting mine and Grandpa's on my own, has any one ever used a kit for this? I'm gonna take the old digital that uses floppy disks so I can share the pics with everyone on here sooner.

Big Muddy rancher said:
You done us proud Stud. It must have been all that expert hunting advice we all gave you. And your gramps looking over your shoulder. :cowboy:

I talked to Grandma today, and she was just too proud, and said Grandpa would be too. With that, She got out his wedding ring, and gave it to me. She said it was for me in his will, but to wait until the right time to give it to me!

What advice? :wink: :wink: :wink: J/K
I learned a lot from all of you here! thanks again!

I talked to Grandma today, and she was just too proud, and said Grandpa would be too. With that, She got out his wedding ring, and gave it to me. She said it was for me in his will, but to wait until the right time to give it to me!

That's just too cool!

Latest posts