• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Woopie!!!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Depends how you want to eat them. (Or how your Ma wants to cook them) Easiest way is to 'breast' them. Leave the feathers on, open up their belly and you can peel the skin off their breast like tearing a plastic grocery bag. Then you just work your knife down the breastbone, real tight to it, working all the way around the breast. Keep in mind that the breast on birds is like a chunk of muscle almost on it's own. It's easy to pop off once you get the hang of it.

Depending on how hi the birds are flying, BBB or T are my favorite. I have used F on occasion when they are really flying high (100 yrds plus)

Steel is faster than most lead but dont hit with the wallup lead did. It is said to use 2 shot sizes larger than you used to with lead.

Be sure you dont use a full choke if your shooting steel shot. They say it will ruin your barrell.

I know some bitch about steel shot, but i shoot it all the time, even if i dont have to, like at pheasants, that way i get used to steel and steel only. Most of the time people blame steel but its really just bad shooting.

Well, uncle isnt going to be coming with our shotgun this weekend... he's got a hot date with his SO. lol. I have two lined up, a shotgun from my neighbour in exchange for some geese, and one for free from an uncle, but he lives an hour away... and these are onl;y for saturday and monday.

Whats BBB and T??

Angus Cattle Shower said:
Nice try, pure, but I kleave them alone!!!! Theyre for dad to hit with the truck on the highway. lol.

Dang, now Im really confused. lol.

So basically use instinct??

How do you gut and clean a goose?
8) Careful kid yu may wear down before whitetail rut.Yu wouldn't want that! Take care kid and keep yur gun clean. Greg

Latest posts