• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Woops!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
We had district 4-H curling yesterday, and we bombed it!! :oops: Lost the first game 15-1, and the second game 6-5. I threw as third for the second game, and second the first. had lots of fun tho. So we got last, when our second place streak came to an end. We got second in 2001, 02, 03, 04, 05, and lost in 06. I couldn't make it to the regionals anyways.

If no one has got nothing to do, come to Humboldt Rink on the 27th at 9:30 and watch me start as goalie for our rec team, we're playing the stick witches! No one is gonna get one by me this time. Last time we won and I was goalie, 7-2. I'm gonna teach them city folk how a country boy plays hockey. This is my last year, cause I'm playig broomball w/ Bruno next year. Wish me luck!

jersey lilly I spent about three hours and ten beer trying to explain curling to a barmaid in Deadwood one time-it's a sport that has to be experienced first hand-it's kind of like marbles or shuffleboard-except the marbles weigh 40 pounds and you play it on ice. It's reaches it's highest level when you go 'bonspieling' lol.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
May sound like a stupid question, but......what's Curling?

Do you know how to sweep the floor? Do you know how to throw a bowling ball? Canadians cut the bottom off the bowling ball to make it flat and bowl on ice while the others sweep and try to keep from falling on the ice :wink: Thats curling......

Not an exciting spectator sport!!

Northern Rancher said:
And golf is exciting lol-well the odd time you see a blade of grass elongate itself lol.

You just never golfed with a keg of beer in the back of the cart- thats the secret...The mounties used to love coming down for our Can-Am golf tourny...
Some couldn't hardly walk back to the 19th hole- but that made it interesting....

If you ask me, watching curling AND golfing is about as exciting as watching paint dry! Maybe it's different if you actually play either one.....

Shelly said:
If you ask me, watching curling AND golfing is about as exciting as watching paint dry! Maybe it's different if you actually play either one.....

I'm with you Shelly. Do they broadcast those curling matches on the radio?

Now THAT would make a fun time!!! :wink:

Well that would explain it then.......if it's played on ice...I've never seen or heard of it since we dont have ice down here....lol sept in our Sweet Tea.

As for golf?.........good television program to "take a nap to" it's quiet, everyone talks in hushed voices.......and it last a longggggg time.....

Denny, even curling your hair down here dont werk, too much humidity.
For those with naturally curly hair, they hate it (makes there's kink right up), for those of us with strait as a board hair, it's virtually impossible to curl it.

A bunch of us get together at the county fair and golf. Three ATVs two sets of clubs and four coolers of beer. Another guy furnishes cigars for all of us. Talk about alot of fun.

Lilly ,curling is a Olympic sport.So in Feb. watch Olympics...not that watching it will help you understand curling at all.I love curling,almost as much as Hockey, Greg on the other hand thinks there is no other sport more Boring and stupid then curling....go figure.

It's like giant shuffle board on ice. lots of stratagy getting your "WEIGHT" right to place the rock where you want it. When you understand the game it can be fun to watch the good ones but like most sports it is an aquired taste.

I'll be going to the Provincal Farmers Curling championship in Wallaceburg Ont. this weekend. Going to be a BLAST. Curling is the only game where you shake hands before the game and after. The winning team buys the losing team the first round.Then the losing team buys the second round. After that who cares. That's Bonspieling.

Latest posts