• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Work and play mixed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Went to another reception help at the Stampede.

Started with a visit with Randy Kaiser who kindly fueled us up with some Celtic beef smokies from his value chain.
July2011485.jpg

Interesting neighborhood Randy is set up in.
July2011484.jpg

Then some networking and schmoozing. (work)
July2011487.jpg

We visited, exchanged business cards, gave politicians grief, ate and then skipped out. We decided to take in the Grand Stand show before going home.
July2011501.jpg

The Calgary Stampede puts on a real spectacle.
July2011517.jpg

July2011524.jpg

I liked the band stung up in the air in a couple of pick up trucks.
July2011525.jpg

Mrs. Per liked the girl in a bubble floating over the crowd.
July2011533.jpg

They had acts in between set changes. These guys were kind of freaky.
July2011536.jpg

Fire and fireworks traditionally end each day at the Stampede.
July2011543.jpg

July2011547.jpg

I was talking about lightning but we can see the fireworks from our front window as well :D :D

when we were kids we would climb out the bedroom window and up onto the roof to get a better veiw

Randy did have a big black hat but was not carrying a weapon that I knew of. Sure would have been fun in those days. Randy was a little camera shy. We have to get to the top of the ridge to see the fireworks. Made a few trips to Scotchman hill/Frenchmens Bluff to take in the fireworks in my youth. Watching them from the grandstand wasn't a bad view. Sure hope it ends soon. Getting a little tuckered out. :wink:

per said:
Randy did have a big black hat but was not carrying a weapon that I knew of. Sure would have been fun in those days. Randy was a little camera shy. We have to get to the top of the ridge to see the fireworks. Made a few trips to Scotchman hill/Frenchmens Bluff to take in the fireworks in my youth. Watching them from the grandstand wasn't a bad view. Sure hope it ends soon. Getting a little tuckered out. :wink:

You'll have to go back to work to get rested up. :D

Latest posts