• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Would you?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shelly

Reaction score
I was putting the renewal stickers on my health services card this morning, and there's a place to put a sticker if you want to be an organ donor. I've thought seriously about this, and I think I'm going to do it. If I can help someone by giving them a chance at life, why wouldn't I? So now, would any of you do the same?

Shelly said:
I was putting the renewal stickers on my health services card this morning, and there's a place to put a sticker if you want to be an organ donor. I've thought seriously about this, and I think I'm going to do it. If I can help someone by giving them a chance at life, why wouldn't I? So now, would any of you do the same?

I never thought twice about putting that sticker on my card.

always have since I got my license...just donor not research though (shudder!!!!!!!!!!!)

Been doing it for yrs. Greg and I both know that's something the other supports.

Getting and putting that into a Personal Directives is also a really smart thing to do.Stops family from using emotion when the final hours come.

My Mothers corneas went for donation when she died. The people tracked us down, and told us how much they appreciated it. After her death, it was good to know that she made a difference is someone elses life.

2farm4evr

Ever since my first drivers licencse too...good friend died in high school waiting for a liver transplant :cry: First funeral I ever went to, made a big impression on me.

When my son was killed his organs were donated. I got personal letters from the 3 people whose lives were saved. It was kind of sad in a way reading them but also very proud of my son for helping someone, even after his end came..for that was Brian all the way....always helping someone that needed help.

Good topic Shelly, been on my license since I first got one. Hope I don't donate for a long time, but just in case! I'll be there to help :D

Thanks You All
My second wife was told they could not transplant her in 1969. She got a extra kidney they could use (This was experimental then) in June of 1970. It took 45 days for it to start working.

She past in July of 1971 at 22 years of age, of a Hart Attack _ The Kidney was working great.

3 of the Best/Sadist/Most Learning Years Of My Life...
I know Many Transeplantees and would like to THANK YOU For Them...

Jeri
Jeri%20num4.jpg

Kidneys' are moved to the front _ looking to check blood flow
Scan0006_0006.jpg

Scan0005_0005.jpg

Scan0006_0006.jpg

been on my drivers license since i first got them in 1979.
don't figure i'll need anything after i pass on, the good book says i will get a new body anyway. my wife can't stand the thought of it but like i told her what if it was on of girls that desperatly needed something to keep on living, not a problem here.

sorry for your loss odnt

G3

Got it marked on my license too.
Actually ended up in an argument with one of the clerks behind the counter that day. She kept asking if my family knew. Told her 3 times, yes. She wouldn't let it go until I finally had enough and told her that my family knew, the sheriffs department knew, and the EMS personal in my county knew. We had had a talk about it during a training seminar and everybody who was donor stood up.

We have it marked on our licenses also. Think of it as the most painless surgery you could ever have. And some of the most helpful. PLUs you won't even see the bill. How neat is that?!

Old Dob, I was sorry to read about your second wife's passing.

rustynail said:
sorry for your loss odnt
G3

It was "MAJOR" at the Time _ I farmed all the horses out and moved into the Hospital with her (off and On for 3 years) Slept on a Couch.
I WAS her Nurse in "Isolation" for 45 Day _ Just her and I (with 1 Doctor in and out once per day)

I was very LUCKY.
To Learn and Go through all that and Not Be Sick.
Very Life Changing...
I feel sorry for and miss her.

I did learn:
Women seem to handle that Stuff
All the wives stayed with their Husbands

I'm the only man who hung-in
Surprised my self _ Sometimes LOVING is not easy

Latest posts