• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Wow, that is alot of Rain!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BRG

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with a rancher in Alberta. Her told me they had 20 inches of rain this last week!

Like he told me though, "Grass will grow in mud where it won't in dust."

Remember that after 40 days and 40 nights of rain the first person Noah saw when he got off the ark was a old cowboy. Noah asked what he thought about that rain and the old cowboy said it was all right but we could use another one just like it next week. :cowboy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our old neighbor in western Montana was like that. He loved to irrigate though, and had irrigating water running everywhere he could. The joke about him was that if he lived at the bottom of a lake, he'd dig a ditch and irrigate!!!!

My Dad always claimed that his grand father told him when it rained 40 days and nights, we got a half inch! :shock: :lol:

Neighbor up north of us claimed that when it happened, if you got on a tall hill south of his house, and looked to the south far enough, you could see the rain!

my in laws had 5 inches of rain over night, then got another 3 inches in 30 minutes the next morning.

had two cows drop calves right in the middle of it, and saved them both!

Jigs-sounds like more to come tonight and thru Mon. a.m.-wished we could get wheat in the bin and planting finished,but like I told my family-the cattle are happy and getting FAT and the thistles are doing good also.Glad your family saved their calves-kind of a miracle! Best of luck to all of you.

Rowdy and Jigs have you heard if the combines are running in north Texas? My son is on a crew in Seymour and we haven't heard if they got cutting yet. Any response would be welcome.

BMr....my nephew is on a custom crew that got started cutting last week in Texas......all we've heard is that he doesn't like their new green machines.....the only time you do hear from them is when they are rained out! Whose crew is he with?

He is with Batshutsky . Sanders is staying in the same town. He just called as I am typing this. They have been cutting and it is HOT. Sounds as if he is getting rendered out.

Big Muddy Rancher--probably combines in N. Texas if weather allows as wheat is ready is southern KS,but too much rain. Think some would even be ready here in central KS next week,if weather allows.
When is sping wheat harvested in your area? I know the custom crews start way south and work their way back north to Canada. Between fuel prices, equipment costs and rain delays I feel for those custom cutters.Have a great day and year!

Rowdy Ranch said:
Big Muddy Rancher--probably combines in N. Texas if weather allows as wheat is ready is southern KS,but too much rain. Think some would even be ready here in central KS next week,if weather allows.
When is sping wheat harvested in your area? I know the custom crews start way south and work their way back north to Canada. Between fuel prices, equipment costs and rain delays I feel for those custom cutters.Have a great day and year!

Our spring wheat usually starts late August to early Sept. I don't think as many use custom cutters like they do down south. My son said last night that some crews have started north from Seymour so they should be moving on soon as well.

Latest posts