• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Xenforo is GREAT forum software!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Texan

Reaction score
I realize that none of us here like change, but I'd encourage all of you guys to give it a chance before you just reject it out of hand. There are some great tools and features that the old phpbb software was lacking, and once you get used to it, you'll like it a lot better.

I remember when Macon first bought Ranchers and everybody threw a fit about changing from the old tree style and everybody was going to leave. Then, with every update, there was always the same uproar. But, once everybody got accustomed to it, it wasn't that bad, was it?

So...get in here in this thread and try out the posting if you're not accustomed to Xenforo. You can't mess anything up that can't be fixed. Just give it a chance and you'll like it!

The mentions are one of the neat things that we lacked with the old version of php. Just use the @ symbol, then type in the member's name that you want to bring to a thread. They'll get a notification with a link that will bring them straight to the thread.

Be sure not to leave a space between the @ and the name, and they don't work in quotes or with an edit. In other words, you can't go back and edit a post to mention somebody.

You should also get an auto-suggest once you start typing in the member's name. When you are done, they should look like this:

@Big Muddy rancher

So how easy is it to post photos? I might get mustang back here if it is much easier. He got frustrated and quit.
@Texan
Easier than ever. Straight from your device without the need for a third party hosting site.
F67B8AA0-1AFC-41AF-9563-DE6C02BEC591.jpeg

Thank you Texan for starting this thread and helping the members. On that upload of photos. You can also do a right click copy from one place and right click paste into a post you are making.

I think how to get rid of the ads will help you when you are logged in. Just set it and save and you'll not see ads as long as you are logged in.

Soapweed did you use the attached files button for that? Or how did you post it?

Glad you checked in, Soapweed. I think we all miss seeing your pictures.

@Soapweed

f67b8aa0-1afc-41af-9563-de6c02bec591-jpeg.4

Okay, on the insert image did you use the link tab and put in that address?

img_7986-jpg.7

On the above I copied your link address, and then clicked on the insert image and put in that address. The above photo popped up.
1601737654866.png

That's what you should see when you are putting in a photo's address to show in a post.

This is my new pup Tippy, he was just home with for a bit when he climbed up on the dash to watch us capture some bulls, He's about 6 months old now and wanting to work, I've been laid up with a knee replacement but am on the mend so hope to get working with him more.
@Faster horses

Attachments

• Tippy on the Dash.jpeg
    Tippy on the Dash.jpeg
    41.1 KB · Views: 30
I'm losing another good hand

Attachments

• 3A6D8E76-39C6-4CBE-8E44-E0002DA83050.jpeg
    3A6D8E76-39C6-4CBE-8E44-E0002DA83050.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 39

Latest posts