• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Yahoo just reported that Chris LeDoux died today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TARSman

Reaction score
Yahoo has reported today that Chris LeDoux died today at 56 years of age in Casper, Wyoming due to complications from the liver cancer that was recently diagnosed. Sad day for me, and I'm sure for many of you. I feel privileged that I was able to see him in concert a couple of times. A real dynamite performer. I never saw him in a rodeo, but I wish I had. I'm sure he was just as exciting riding those broncs.

I copied a tape 30 years ago while in college, My son is off to college now and he dug up my old Chris Ledoux tape to play in his truck. :cowboy:

Sad when so much talent goes so young.

We are about Chris LeDoux's age (give or take 4 or 5 years) and listened to him play in the bars around Buffalo and Kaycee when he was first starting (early 70's as I recall) as a musician. His was definitely not overnight stardom. It took quite awhile for him to be recognized. Opening for Garth Brooks definitely was the career boost he needed. They have been playing his songs quite a bit lately, or so it seems.

A friend of ours rented a house from him in Kaycee and we visited there. The house was very rustic. Nice, but very rustic decor, like a lodge. The bathroom was inside, but it was a 2-seater, just like an outdoor outhouse.

He always was a good guy in every respect. Sorry to hear the news. He had some rare disease a few years back, but I don't remember what it was.

Too young, too young to die!!

Dad called "Sleepy" his old roomate yesterday! He and chris were good freinds from Rodeo Days - we have some old tapes and CD from when Cris could not give them away. Sleepy was with Chris the day he flew out (after a Rodeo) to Nashville and signed with Capitol Records (91?)

Chris LeDoux dead at 56
http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1497937/20050309/ledoux_chris.jhtml?headlines=true

Dad says Chris was Right Handed but rode with his left hand - the bones in his left arm were almost twice the size of his right arm :roll:

heard the tragic news while i was gassing up in laurel montana on my way to north dakota....made an already sad day just that much worse!!
the hubby and i danced to chris ledoux's "Look at you girl" for our first dance at our wedding!! country/western music has truly suffered a loss on this day! :cry:

Latest posts