• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Yay!!! Only 9 more days untill.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Angus Cattle Shower

Reaction score
Untill, I play hookie to go hunting!!!!!! I'm going to zone 49, and hunting for white tails! This is my first season going out and being able to use a gun, and I am soo excited!!!!

Does anyone know of anyone seeing any big brutes around there? Any tips for a beginner? what do i have to pack? What is the best load and make (IYHO) for a .303 British? OOHHHHH! I am just soo excited, i am giddy!!!

I guess I will have to wait because theres a schoo, dance, and im the only guy planning on going, so ill have a pretty good chance at scoring :D :p

Good for you ACS. You will probably learn more on your hunting trip than the class room anyway. Are you going with someone or trying it alone?

Good Luck, be careful and remember if you get one you have to eat a piece of raw liver while you field dress it.

I wonder if those girls at the dance will dance with you if you are wearing ivomec?

Alabama said:
I wonder if those girls at the dance will dance with you if you are wearing ivomec?

Oh yeah theyll dance with me... one day some one called me "stud", and it stuck. Now when I had to grocery shopping with Dad, Someone walks up to me an says, "Hows it goin' stud?" After dad asked what that was all about and i said that it was some sort of a practical joke from last may, and he told everyone in the family, so when i walk in to grammas for thanksgiving dinner, everyone shouts out "HEY STUD!!!!"

I gotta dress up in me halloween costume, which is a wee embarassing cause i havnt dressed up for like 2 years so im going in my chore clothes an im sayin im a farmer-lol

Also, I dont want to turn out like BOSS HOGG, so i cant eat raw liver. too bad tho :wink: . I also think that i will learn a whole lot more in the bush, cause thats stuff that i will 'need' when i get older, unlike how to mix stuff up in test tubes yeesh.

Any tips at all? Also, does anyone have a favourite hunting story? Especially a first deer story?Thanks, and ill see ya later!
P.S.
I'm 13, so i have to go with Dad untill im 16.

Angus Cattle Shower said:
Alabama said:

Oh yeah theyll dance with me... one day some one called me "stud", and it stuck. Now when I had to grocery shopping with Dad, Someone walks up to me an says, "Hows it goin' stud?" After dad asked what that was all about and i said that it was some sort of a practical joke from last may, and he told everyone in the family, so when i walk in to grammas for thanksgiving dinner, everyone shouts out "HEY STUD!!!!"

I gotta dress up in me halloween costume, which is a wee embarassing cause i havnt dressed up for like 2 years so im going in my chore clothes an im sayin im a farmer-lol

Also, I dont want to turn out like BOSS HOGG, so i cant eat raw liver. too bad tho :wink: . I also think that i will learn a whole lot more in the bush, cause thats stuff that i will 'need' when i get older, unlike how to mix stuff up in test tubes yeesh.

Any tips at all? Also, does anyone have a favourite hunting story? Especially a first deer story?Thanks, and ill see ya later!
P.S.
Angus Cattle Shower - "Any tips at all?" YES! You will need a lot more "STUFF" when you get older than what you will learn in the bush at age 13! Learn how to mix stuff up in test tubes and WHY!! And dedicate yourself to learn a heck of a LOT more in the next 10 years, because that is the only chance you will get to learn it the easy way! SHEESH!

DOC HARRIS (An OLD voice of experience)

Alabama said:

P.S.

Hey Stud you name isn't Danny by any chance? I think if it is I have read of some of your exploits.

You're doing good if they're calling you 'stud' at 13 :!: You hang in there, the 'city' kids don't know nothin anyway :p
Where are you from? I'm just nosy :)

DOC HARRIS said:
Alabama said:

P.S.
Angus Cattle Shower - "Any tips at all?" YES! You will need a lot more "STUFF" when you get older than what you will learn in the bush at age 13! Learn how to mix stuff up in test tubes and WHY!! And dedicate yourself to learn a heck of a LOT more in the next 10 years, because that is the only chance you will get to learn it the easy way! SHEESH!

DOC HARRIS (An OLD voice of experience)

Yeah, but they are trying to teach me all of this stuff that you are never going to use in life, like the history of Japan. Yeesh. Why aren't we learning about our great country? Why are we learning about the Japanese origins? Sorry, but this is really starting to tick me off, with what all these teachers are pulling off! Ours has skipped mor school than the kids! I know that that lots is important, but Mom just moved to the city to go back to school, and Dad is very busy trying to get the crop in, so I have to watch my little brother, take care of the just weaned calves, 150 cows, and 100 feeders. this is going to be the first time in a while that I get to do something with Dad!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ! I am getting ready! The law states that you have to wear orange or yeller, so if it rains, is a yeller rain slicker overtop of my orange suit legal?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Alabama said:

P.S.

Hey Stud you name isn't Danny by any chance? I think if it is I have read of some of your exploits.

No, my name isn't Danny. I know one though. Does he live in the area around Humboldt?

Nicky said:
You're doing good if they're calling you 'stud' at 13 :!: You hang in there, the 'city' kids don't know nothin anyway :p
Where are you from? I'm just nosy :)

I am West, South, west of Humboldt. Or right by the Carmel corner. In other words, central Saskatchewan.

Latest posts