• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

You in Billings yesterday rancher?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

Man threatens to jump from overpass

A man who threatened to jump off the South 27th Street Interstate 90 overpass was described by police Wednesday as agitated and delusional.

Police Department spokesman Lt. T.J. Vladic said the 19-year-old man was receiving medical care Wednesday evening. He could be charged, possibly with disorderly conduct, Vladic said. Police did not identify the man Wednesday.

The standoff on the overpass started about 3:45 a.m. when a man called 911 from the West End and told dispatchers that he had a warrant out on him and wanted to go to jail. When officers arrived, they spoke with the man and learned he was not wanted by law enforcement, Vladic said.

"The subject told police that he just wanted to go to jail and that he had been abandoned in Billings by a friend," Vladic said in a press release. "The subject was advised that he could not go to jail, but the officer would give him a ride to get him out of the area so he could relocate his friend."

The officer, who was not named by police, gave the man a ride to South 27th Street and Interstate 90. The man got out of the police car and "immediately jumped up on the cage barrier on the overpass and threatened to jump off," Vladic said.

Police Department crisis negotiators were called in and talked to the man until about 8 a.m., when he agreed to go with police. He was taken to a hospital, Vladic said.

Traffic was diverted around the overpass for about an hour during the incident.

Montana Highway Patrol Officer Dell Aman said traffic was backed up for about two miles in each direction during the morning commute.

"Traffic was moving. It was just moving slowly," he said.

At least five impatient drivers were written tickets for trying to cross the median to get around the jam, Aman said.

Copyright © The Billings Gazette, a division of Lee Enterprises.

"A man who threatened to jump off the South 27th Street Interstate 90 overpass was described by police Wednesday as agitated and delusional. "

This last paragraph is the one that had me wondering, until I read that the man was 19. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

That was me, I just look young and they didn't mouth me. Have no M'ID with age trace back on me either. :D

Latest posts