• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

you know............those canuckleheads must like to

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
play banjo's an awful lot, I run into them regularly in the strangest places, was in this little town called harwood and yup damn banjo player was a canucklehead, wintering down here, that canucklehead could flat play that 5 string, i had alot of fun razzing him :D
good luck

I have found that no matter how glum a fella may be, picking up the 5 string and picking away for a few minutes tends to make all the bad go away. You just can't be miserable and play the banjo. Now for the other folks in the house that may be an altogether different matter..... :shock: :lol:

gcreekrch said:
Careful razzin's us Canucks Hay Maker, we make them banjos so cheap up here you might find one around your neck! :lol:

I dont know if I can stop razzin canucks, not often i get the oppurtunity until lately been runnin into some regularly at these small town bluegrass jams, i got to where I can spot em pretty easy now :D
Anyway I dont think I have the time to learn 5 string banjo, little bit more to it that it looks like.
So I have a pickin budddy that has a 6 string banjo on loan to some folks that are recording with it, when it comes back I might give that a try.
good luck

Just to show how ignorant of matters I am, I wanted to learn an instrument and always loved the sound of a banjo. I figured it shouldn't be too tough because after all they only have 4 strings. So Mrs. Silver bought me my first banjo and danged if it didn't have an extra string :?
Turns out it is awful tricky to play, and I doubt I'll ever be any good at it, but it is awful fun to play.
I bought a nice '70's Ibanez a few years ago, and it plays pretty nice. I built a big deck on my house last fall and I'm looking forward to warm weather so I can sit out there with some Crown Royal and Coke and pick away without irratating anyone.
Might make the hunters from the city that show up looking for permission kinda nervous when they get out of their truck in the driveway and hear Duelling Banjos eminating from the yard. :D

You bet they are tricky to play, I'LL stick to guitar but those banjo players really make a jam come to life, i sure hope that banjo player is there next time we jam I had fun pickin with him, havent seen any geese headed north yet so maybe it is a little too cold for him up there :D :D
good luck

Latest posts