• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

You need a Hereford

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Doug Thorson

Reaction score
to get a baldie! 8) 8)

A load of F1 Black Baldie open heifers in Philip today brought $1010 per head! :shock: :shock: :shock:

In case anyone wants to sell cattle for that kind of money, I am selling 20 good Hereford bulls next week in Philip.

Straight blacks brought around $850. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

A good day for selling all around. Roger Fortune sold angus bulls that averaged $2990.

I get the bull day catolog & figured these herefords were yours. I bought the top bull there in 2000 I think it was, from Dale Melhuf. I have always thought about taken some out there but never have yet, also know a simmy breeder that sells there every year. Maybe someday. Hey Doug you could buy one angus bulls & breed your own back boldies. :lol:

I get the bull day catolog & figured these herefords were yours. I bought the top bull there in 2000 I think it was, from Dale Melhuf. I have always thought about taken some out there but never have yet, also know a simmy breeder that sells there every year. Maybe someday. Hey Doug you could buy one angus bulls & breed your own back boldies.

I own 2 angus bulls because I still have 60 or so baldie cows. Those cows were what convinced me to start raising bulls. The baldie is still the best cow ever produced, but you can't get one without a Hereford.
I could do a lot with more land, but my place is one that you focus on one thing and hope that works.

Maybe you should lease me your place so I could raise baldies! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Optimism is running high in the cattle business. Stubers sold 26 F1 baldy steers in their sale a week ago that weighed about a 1000 lbs and brought $1125.

I had a lot of calls for F1 baldy heifers this winter and spring.

Brian

I wonder how far back you'd have to go to find a hereford bull in the average baldy/brockle face. It seems the whiteface is pretty dominant and guys tend to use black bulls on anything white marked.

On our cows they were bred angus for years then one year AI ing we used Herefords for clean up bulls and really liked the calves out of the cross. Those baldies make some nice mama's and aren't to hard to get rid of. :wink:

Latest posts