• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Young Wyoming cowboy injured, prayers needed

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Our daughter sent this email on Sunday:

A friend's son was injured in a ranch rodeo yesterday and has been flown to Casper today. His lungs are not working properly and he's struggling. Please put him on your prayer list. His name is Cody Hinkhouse and he really needs our support right now. Please pass this on and put him on your church's prayer chain if possible.

Then we received this from her tonight:
More developments on Cody. He's still not off the respirator, tried today but when he was coming out of sedation he panicked. They found out that the tissue that connects the heart valve to the heart is torn and they are going to have to do open heart surgery on him. They are waiting as long as they can to get his lungs stronger, but not sure how long they can actually wait. Today they also found problems with his pancreas. Definitely needs all the prayers he can get.

Sending prayers for Cody's complete recovery.

"Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18: 19-20

Thanks for your prayers.
GOOD NEWS on Cody:

They got Cody awake and he was laughing and joking.(Great for his Mom to see!!!) The Dr's are figuring out when to do the heart surgery. He heard everything going on around him so thought he'd already had the surgery. I heard this evening that they transferred him to the Ft. Collins facility, but not sure if that's correct. Haven't heard that from his Mom. Anyway, he still has a ways to go so PLEASE continue all the prayers and thank you for helping me to get the word out.

Latest update.
And here is what I received today:
Cody had his heart operation yesterday and, last I knew, things were going well. It was his Mom's birthday, she said it was the best one she's ever had! They were able to repair the heart valve instead of replacing it, which is better. It's a miracle he didn't get killed right there in the arena with that type of injury. Bet they have an ambulance there next time.

My wife had her aortic valve replaced almost 4 years ago. She was clean as a whistle throughout her cardiovascular system-no plaque and good cholestrol levels- she just had a defective (bi-cuspid, or 2 instead of 3 leaves) heart valve that was causing a major restriction. She's doing well with it but she'll be on blood thinners and anti-coagulants from now on. So I hope that by having a repair instead of a replacement that he can do without all the meds involved. God bless Cody, sounds like He already has.

Just heard that Cody is up and around, still in hospital I guess. Don't know where. A fund has been set up for him at Pinnacle Bank - and I don't know which one. Will post when I find more info.

Latest posts