• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your Mini Alaska Vaction Tour...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
Hey there! I'm back..did ya miss me???lol Anyway after 2 weeks, 2500 miles,,1,189photo's,,,and many different ways of transportation we have explored Alaska and the Yukon. It was amazing all that we saw and did,,the history is sometimes unbelievable what gold rushers did to survive,,The wild life is defintly big up there...and the scenery is breathtaking. I hope that you all someday get to go explore and discover this amazing country. So here's just a few pictures to get you started...

Emerald-Lake.gif

Emerald Lake in the Yukon

Yukon-River.gif

Yukon River

Brownbear3.gif

Brown Bear...they're bigger than they look!

North-Pole-Alaska.gif

Yes..I was at the North Pole Alaska!

Train.gif

The Alaska Railway...we were in the 2cd to last car...

MooseWave.gif

When ya meet another train..ya have to do the Moose Wave..lol

Moose2.gif

Cow Moose...(lol the only kind of cows we seen..lol)

Moose.gif

She's bigger than my horse!

Caribou3.gif

Caribou..they were huge too!

Carribou.gif

Caibou on the Tundra at Denali Park

Lake-in-the-Yukon.gif

Lake in the Yukon..spectacular views...and warm weather!

Mt-2.gif

Mt. Mkliney from a twin engine plane...it's very rare to see the summit due to it's own nasty weather..at 20,390ft...

Mt-1.gif

Mt. Mkliney from the ground...about 70miles from where we were to the mt.

Jassy said:
Lake-in-the-Yukon.gif

Lake in the Yukon..spectacular views...and warm weather!

Looks like a couple of teenagers!!! Great Pics- would love to take the trip sometime......You'll have memories you can grow old with......

Looks like you saw a lot of country and had a great time. Thanks for the photo tour.

In August of 2005, Peach, Kosmo, and I flew to Anchorage. We rented a car and spent a week driving to Fairbanks. At Talkeetna, we boarded a float plane and flew to Lake Chalatna. There we spent a couple splendidly peaceful days fishing and camping on the beautiful mountain lake. We three and our guide were the only human inhabitants for miles. The next day, Peach and Kosmo took kayaking lessons on a lake near Healy, while I toured Denali Park. We eventually turned in the rented car at Fairbanks and rode the train back to Anchorage, before flying back home. It was a great trip, and the weather was fantastic. Would love to go back sometime, preferably taking a month or two and driving up. Maybe if we ever get to retire. :roll: :)

Emerald Lake!!!! WOW!!!!!! how beautiful.

The moose may be bigger than your horse, but she aint perdier than your horse.

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful trip. I almost didnt see ya in that sleigh at the "North Pole".

:eek: your so tan!!!!!! Haha my legs are white as a sheet!

Wonderful pictures, Jassy. That is a trip still on our To Do list. It looks like travel by train was delightful, no worries of driving over the edge while looking at fantastic scenery. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Best friend's mom and dad just left this past Wednesday for Alaska. They were taking the cruise up the coast, and then taking trains and buses, and stopping at quite a few of the same places you went. I'm hoping they'll bring home a ton of pictures to look at, because that is just gorgeous country!

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:

Looks like ya'll had a wonderful trip. I almost didnt see ya in that sleigh at the "North Pole".

You gotta break out those Bermuda shorts, Lily!

Shelly said:
Best friend's mom and dad just left this past Wednesday for Alaska. They were taking the cruise up the coast, and then taking trains and buses, and stopping at quite a few of the same places you went. I'm hoping they'll bring home a ton of pictures to look at, because that is just gorgeous country!

Sounds like they'll be on a similiar tour...one thing about the inland tour,,there's not a whole lot of detours...one railway...one highway..lol I know they'll luv it...we sure did...

Thanks for sharing your pictures it looks like beautiful country and lots to see.

nonrancher said:

Heckkkkkkk Nooooooo!!!!! The skeeters eat me up as it is, in shirt sleeves. It's been so long since I wore shorts outside just for that reason. They eat me alive!!!!!

Thanks for the pics. We drove to Alaska twice, pulling a 5th Wheel. Are going on a cruise ship up the inside passage in August. Would like to drive up one more time, maybe next year.

sic 'em reds said:
Why does that moose have a cow bell around her neck?[/quote

That's called a tracking collar, probably cost the US taxpayer about $8-10,000 :shock: to affix it to the moose. That way they can spend an additional 5 or 600 bucks :shock: every few days to see where the moose is at from an airplane and when a hunter or predator kills it the govt' biologists will know where it is and they can study what it died from. :shock: :???:
That ol' moose has no idea how much money she's worth! :lol: :lol: :lol:

nonrancher said:

Heckkkkkkk Nooooooo!!!!! The skeeters eat me up as it is, in shirt sleeves. It's been so long since I wore shorts outside just for that reason. They eat me alive!!!!!

I'll betcha that Alaska skeeters are way bigger than texas skeeters...! They almost will carry ya off! lol

Latest posts