• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your parenting style

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
1.What is your parenting style?

2. What do you think is the prime family size?

3. What is the most important thing you want to teach your son/daughter about life, family, morals, etc.?

Raising kids isn't easy. No rule book and all are different. No points awarded for style.

{1}the bible has alot to say about bringing up your children
{2}i knew a man that had a vasectomy at 43 yrs. :oops:
{3}birth control??

:cboy:

per said:
Raising kids isn't easy. No rule book and all are different. No points awarded for style.

Dad used to say raising kids was easy, all you had to do was keep a small element of fear (respect) in them. For the most part that philosophy worked.

This is another interesting discussion you have instigated, sweetbasil. We all have our own ideas on parenting and the morals we hope to instill in our kids but I doubt that those will vary much among many of us on this board.

Without getting too deep (I'm not a real deep thinker!), I always said my goal in raising my boys was to keep them tired and hungry!

I believe the most powerful tool in raising kids is for the parent to lead by example.

gcreekrch said:
per said:

Dad used to say raising kids was easy, all you had to do was keep a small element of fear (respect) in them. For the most part that philosophy worked.

"gcreekrch,"
You made a valid point. There should be a line between becoming your child's best friend, and be a symbol of authority to him/her.

JF Ranch said:
This is another interesting discussion you have instigated, sweetbasil. We all have our own ideas on parenting and the morals we hope to instill in our kids but I doubt that those will vary much among many of us on this board.

Without getting too deep (I'm not a real deep thinker!), I always said my goal in raising my boys was to keep them tired and hungry!

I believe the most powerful tool in raising kids is for the parent to lead by example.

"JF Ranch,"
I too believe that we should lead by example in many different areas of our lives. For example, I lead by example when I am working with others; if I want them to work hard and do their best, I need to take the initiate to show them that it can be done. For some reason people do tend to try their best if they have an "example" to work with.

Latest posts