• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Your tax dollars at work

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
and it doesn't make me proud. How about you? Saddam was a cruel dictator who tortured and murdered his enemies. Someone tell me the difference today? Link below; my emphasis.

"IRAQI security forces, set up by American and British troops, torture detainees by pulling out their fingernails, burning them with hot irons or giving them electric shocks, Iraqi officials say. Cases have also been recorded of bound prisoners being beaten to death by police."

and

"The abuse has not gone unnoticed by the coalition, but little has been done to address it. A US State Department report in February stated that Iraqi authorities had been accused of "arbitrary deprivation of life, torture, impunity, poor prison conditions — particularly in pre-trial detention facilities — and arbitrary arrest and detention." A Human Rights Watch report also noted that "unlawful arrest, long-term incommunicado detention, torture and other ill-treatment of detainees (including children) by Iraqi authorities have become routine and commonplace".

and

"It's a gruesome situation we are in," a senior Iraqi official said. "You have to understand the situation when the special commandos were formed last August. They were taking on an awful lot of people in a great hurry. Many of them were people who served in Saddam's forces . . . The choice of taking them on was a difficult one. There was no supervision. There still really isn 't any, and that applies to all the security forces. They're all doing this."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7374-1683578,00.html

Latest posts