• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Youth today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

aplusmnt

Reaction score
It is no wonder how quality youth are getting far in between today.

Look at the biggest influences in their lives Women (more and more single moms), Teachers, Professors, Rock Stars, TV and Movie stars. All of them have one thing in common they are predominantly Liberals.

Only real place to get some sort of Conservative values is at their places of worship and the number of youth going is dropping.

Disclaimer: I know women are not all bad, and there is nothing greater than a Conservative woman, but in reality many more are Liberal than Conservative. Them Conservative women are hidden rare Gems to be cherished!

aplusmnt said:

Look at the biggest influences in their lives Women (more and more single moms), Teachers, Professors, Rock Stars, TV and Movie stars. All of them have one thing in common they are predominantly Liberals.

Only real place to get some sort of Conservative values is at their places of worship and the number of youth going is dropping.

Disclaimer: I know women are not all bad, and there is nothing greater than a Conservative woman, but in reality many more are Liberal than Conservative. Them Conservative women are hidden rare Gems to be cherished!

I'm not gonna say anything....I'm trying HARD not to say anything..... :mad: :mad: :mad: (as she bites her knuckles to keep from reaching thru the monitor and slappin' aminus into next week)

Women are inherently more "Security" minded than men.

When given the choice of losing a bit of freedom to gain a bit of security, they will naturally make the decision in favor of security.

Of course there are, and will always be exceptions.

This to me was one of the reasons our founding fathers did not allow women to vote.

Mike said:
Women are inherently more "Security" minded than men.

When given the choice of losing a bit of freedom to gain a bit of security, they will naturally make the decision in favor of security.

Of course there are, and will always be exceptions.

This to me was one of the reasons our founding fathers did not allow women to vote.

:shock: :shock: ( ( slappin' Mike next with her .357 stainless S&W in her hand))

The other thing................ya notice how so many say that a lot of the young kids are irresponsible. Take it a step further..........many are libs........can anyone say pattern. Growing and becoming more responsible and more conservative go hand in hand.

Mike said:

I believe I remember Jefferson wrote that he was concerned about soccer/security moms potentially resisting the 2nd amendment because they didn't want their kids getting their hands on flintlocks.

Or perhaps it was the centuries of patriarchy that had preceded the passage of our Constitution that led the framers to exclude women.

And aplusmt, I was so comforted to hear that you believe not all women are bad. Way to go!

What's next? Proclaiming that Muslims are actually human?[/b]

aplusmnt said:

I have yet to meet a bad youth,maybe some bad choices are being made by the youth but give me a break most young people nowadays are ten times better behaved then we were{at least I admit it}And will become wonderful productive adults. Theres really NOTHING I hate more then our youths being takin to task. :evil:

As far as most females being liberals....my take on that is that to have ANY compassion one must have some liberal thoughts and feelings...and trust me its more then proven on this board :roll: :roll: :roll:

I should know better than jump into this board, but here goes.........

I have yet to meet a bad youth..... most young people nowadays are ten times better behaved then we were

I'd add an exception to that comment by adding "rural". I've run across more city/urban youth that I'd just as soon take a bull-whip to then to talk to.
I put it back to their parents, for alota reasons, but still and all they have no clue to things such as manners, responsibilty, etc. etc. A generalized description would be punks...................

Hooks said:
I should know better than jump into this board, but here goes.........

I have yet to meet a bad youth..... most young people nowadays are ten times better behaved then we were

I'd add an exception to that comment by adding "rural". I've run across more city/urban youth that I'd just as soon take a bull-whip to then to talk to.
I put it back to their parents, for alota reasons, but still and all they have no clue to things such as manners, responsibilty, etc. etc. A generalized description would be punks...................
Yes my dear friend thier are probably punks out there,urban and ruralbut Aplus said quality youth few and far between,I DO NOT believe that,I believe the punks are few and far between. I love the youth of today,they're wonderful respectful young people,it doesn't matter if thier parents are conserv's or libs thats a stupid generalization

I will agree there are many great kids out there. But on the same token there are many who are rotten.
The ones who are rotten..........
...probably came from a disfunctional home
...expect society owes them something
...feels it is OK to take from others because it is only fair since the others have so much
...drugs are no problem...it is their body
...what will you give me
...they are too good to work at McD's after all their welfare parents told em so

These conclusions came from my daughter that deals with these kids daily. who has had assaults and threats of murder to her.

Now look at the conclusions by a person who deals with these kids..............are many of these beliefs similar to the libs.
Tax the rich
legalize drugs
free health care

Mrs.Greg
I love the youth of today,they're wonderful respectful young people,

You might want to try to avoid the North East, then,... as a confrontation with some of our youth would shatter your belief in them...

Not all of youth are bad, but what concerns me is the rise in the number of disrespectful gang wantabies or punks from middleclass families....

when you add that influence to the already existing poor got nothing to loose gang crowds, and the rich spoiled kids already following the gang it adds up to a dangerous environment for all the other good kids just trying to enjoy their formative years..

Mrs.Greg said:
I DO NOT believe that,I believe the punks are few and far between. I love the youth of today,they're wonderful respectful young people
Mrs Greg either you don't get out much or youth are different there than here. There is some "youth" that are the absolute scum of the earth. I wouldn't trust MOST youth as far as I could throw them. There is of course some good kids but I'm with Aplus, they're scarce.

Red Robin said:
Mrs.Greg said:
I DO NOT believe that,I believe the punks are few and far between. I love the youth of today,they're wonderful respectful young people
Mrs Greg either you don't get out much or youth are different there than here. There is some "youth" that are the absolute scum of the earth. I wouldn't trust MOST youth as far as I could throw them. There is of course some good kids but I'm with Aplus, they're scarce.

You guys just live in the wrong part of the world apparently or else Mrs. Greg and I live in the last great area (which it is)...Maybe thats the reason Montana kids are sought by the business world so aggressively....
The biggest problem I have with the youth here is that there are few opportunities for them here- and once they go off to school and see what folks out in the big world make- too many never return...

...what will you give me

...expect society owes them something

Even in our rural setting there is a kid or two with the "entitlement" attitude; that is their parent's fault. Give 'em everything and all they can do is whine because it's not good enough. MCG was given a trac phone for Christmas, sw gave it to her. I wasn't very happy about it because I don't think kids need to have one! However, she pays for her own minutes with her own money which she honestly earned. She also knows she breaks rules it will get taken away from her. So far she's been pretty easy to raise 8) (knock on wood) She has an older sister whom we've ousted from the family because of her "entitlement" attitude and doing horrible things without thinking about the consequences.

Kids here are great.

Granted the closer you seem to get to urban areas the rougher the kids AND their parents seem to get.

Usually once those kids see you will not take any of their BS...they come around. They find out real quick who they can intimidate and who they can't.

Now, I'm not talking about the ' gang bangers' etc....that bunch DOES seem hopeless in the long run. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Red Robin said:
Mrs.Greg said:
I feel sorry for you guys...truly I have yet to meet a bad kid,but then I don't judge people by what they wear or where they come from.I truly love the youth nowadays.I've had more fun with the young people that work with me as a student project then alot of the adults out there.

We have this spectalular 89 yr old,she volunteers at the high school here,cleans after school. The other day I had to pop into the high school....my dear 89 yr old was getting huge hugs and teasing from our poor misguided youth....she later told me this job is the BEST thing shes ever done in her life... :) Its all a matter of attitude.

Another story,last sat. night 3am,hard knock on my door,no car outside,I asked who it was,a young man 20 answered his name,I didn't know him but knew of him. I opened the door,him and his tiny little girlfriends car had broken down at least three miles from our place,poor kids were frozen,he called his mom but she wouldn't pik them up...she had to work in morning :? I took them home in the thickest fog I've ever drivin in,they couldn't thank me enough and the young lady gave me a hug.

Yesterday at Bible study the question came up...When have you felt Gods guidence....I mentioned this story because it was just by the grace of God they made it to my place,the fog ,cold and a wrong turn could have changed the outcome. Before I could finish my story "some" of my fellow bible study partners,started in I can't believe you let that Hoolam in your home,hes a bad kid...Blah,Blah,Blah....ticked me right off{i shouldn't have mentioned names} the kid is a Decent kid,some bad choices maybe but was more then thankful,kind, considerate of me and his girlfriend......maybe people need to stop and look inside of a youth before judging them

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it...theres probaly more bad adults out there then there are youths.

Oldtimer said:
You guys just live in the wrong part of the world apparently or else Mrs. Greg and I live in the last great area (which it is)..
I don't think it's either. I think that you and I have different expectations. George Washington was leading troops at an age that we still consider youthful. Now it is quite acceptable for a 28 or 30 year old man to still be living at home trying to decide what he wants to do when he grows up.

Latest posts