• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Youth today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

No matter the reason,the men should be involved,at least with help providing a home with food and clothing....Welfare should go after these dead beat dads and charge them double the amount the goverment pays..If a dude does not want the responsiblity of being a father,then he should of protected himself against that...

Go kick some dead beat azz Aplus,it may not get them to be better parents but,I will enjoy hearing about it...nothing wrong with taking care of a little family business from time to time. :wink: ....

Yanuck said:
nonothing said:
It is time to put blame where it truely lies and thats at the feet of men....So many men are deliquient fathers that either dump thier families on their female partners or run and never offer a stick of help to thier child or that childs well being....Now moms have to be dads too....

the year is now 2007 and women have had to learn to live in a world with men..They are more educated then ever before,more organized then ever before,and have more power of self then ever before.....Maybe now that the whole playing field is more level,man and women can work on more intimate matters such as love of family and finding true love,rather then the postion of wife being a job.....

Men need to really see who the problem is and stop blaming women for doing the best they can at raising young boys....They have been giving no training to raise sons,but give them credit...They at least are there for their kids after the man is long gone...Women are raising more young men then ever before,do not blame them for that....Blame the men who walked away without even a dollar towards their own childs well being...
Actually the year is 2008, and what about the women who don't pay child support? or who take the child support and blow it and don't bother to put any away for college for the kids? what about those women? I get really tired of hearing about Dead beat Dads, what about the Money Hungry Moms?

Fisrt off,thank you for pointing out and correcting my error..I am Not sure the number of women not paying support is as high as that of men.That being said,they too should be held to just as high of a standard as are men....If one can prove that the money spent on support for thier child is not being spent in the appropriate manner,then a court should review the case and if guilty reverse custody....Here in Canada it is my understanding that the court dictates the child support payment amount....It has to do with how much income made and then a % of that said income is calculated for monthly payments...As far as anyone using children to make money,or as you call them money hungry moms,I think it is a very sad story but i guess at least there is money being giving to help support their child,at least that way tax payers are not paying to raise their children.........Go to any shelter and see how many dads are there because of money hungry moms,and then put that number up against how many moms are there with thier children because of dead beat dads.....Just paying for baby sitting can cost a mother over half her monthly wage if not more....How do you dare get tired of hearing about dead beat dads,they are out there and costing us all not just money,but good healthy kids,who are full of dreams and hopes....

CA...you should take that soapbox and bust it over the pointy head of Aminus!!!

OT...that was funny!!!

I will say that the drugs...esp METH is what is destoying my little tight knit area....your snug little area and others that used to NEVER EVER have to consider this.

Just because you don't see it or know about does not mean it's not present...it means you're not looking hard enough or paying attention.

The local fire dept had to come out and hose off the blood and guts --literally---from the blacktop here just at our farm driveway one nite. All from the effects of Meth....it not only caused the user to end his life....it also messed up about 4 others....and 3 of those 4 are under the age of 9!!!!! They saw things they'll never ever forget , things a child should NEVER see.

aplusmnt said:
nonothing said:
,but fact is men are letting down their sons/daughters at an alarming rate....

I have no problem with that comment! I agree! I just believe that there is a shared reason for Single parents today.

And a lot of it goes back to my original post, the Liberal influence to youth today is affecting today's culture and morals.

The point that I feel is being missed is there can be single parents who raise very functional families. Not every mother raising her child alone does the child turn out to be a mess. Some mothers do a great job.

Other single parent familes work too. Sometimes Mom and Dad don't live together and yet maintain a healthy enough relationship to do the right thing by the child. Dad visitis and helps with the cost of raising the child. Not only does Dad help financially but he's around for to me the most important part time with the child.

I think that a lot are painting the picture that the "Bad kids" are coming from the single parent homes. I know some kids that are very messed up and disrespectable that come from two parent homes. Heck there are kids that are disrespectable and rowdy that come from agricultural homes. To me it's not the location or who raises a child that dictates how they turn out it's the time and the how a child is raised that makes them grow into the adults they become. I know some very fine people that come from very dysfunctional homes. Besides in today's society what is really the "norm"?

CattleArmy said:
Besides in today's society what is really the "norm"?

And...we have the WINNING statement here!!!!

You are sooooooo right!!

Mrs.Greg said:
.Maybe RR you need to open your heart a bit.
Why would you judge the condition of my heart but when you see a kid that adorns himself in a way that shows he has a rebellious heart, you say I need to accept him as he is? Why the double standard?

Red Robin said:
Mrs.Greg said:
I DO NOT believe that,I believe the punks are few and far between. I love the youth of today,they're wonderful respectful young people
I wouldn't trust MOST youth as far as I could throw them. There is of course some good kids but I'm with Aplus, they're scarce.
This RR is why I feel you need to have an open heart,your judging MOST youth,I find that to be a very harsh judgement of the wonderful young people that are out there. I look past thier outter apperance and find wonderful human beings.....MOST young are kind caring TRUSTFUL people,one just has to have an open heart.

Everyone has been rebellious at one time or another,doesn't mean that they're a untrustworthy being.I've never judged anyone...youth or adult by what adornes them.

Mrs.Greg said:
Red Robin said:
Mrs.Greg said:
I DO NOT believe that,I believe the punks are few and far between. I love the youth of today,they're wonderful respectful young people
I wouldn't trust MOST youth as far as I could throw them. There is of course some good kids but I'm with Aplus, they're scarce.
This RR is why I feel you need to have an open heart,your judging MOST youth,I find that to be a very harsh judgement of the wonderful young people that are out there. I look past thier outter apperance and find wonderful human beings.....MOST young are kind caring TRUSTFUL people,one just has to have an open heart.

Everyone has been rebellious at one time or another,doesn't mean that they're a untrustworthy being.I've never judged anyone...youth or adult by what adornes them.
Mrs Greg please pay attention. I didn't ask why you feel I need to open my heart, I asked what right do you have to judge me? Who says you're the authority on how someone in Arkansas should act? Why are you more aware of how I should act than I would be? If I want to consider the attributes of a hardworking kid that is clean cut and honest to be superior to a different kid that wears low riders, tattoo's and piercings , what business is that of yours? I say the honest , clean, hardworking, thoughtful kid should get recognized for his work.

Red Robin....I thought about it,your right I am judging what I percieve to be your holier then thou attitude,just like you judged me by saying I don't get out much. Not true,I get out a lot with our youth of today and I don't give a rips butt what they wear I look for whats inside there hearts.But I will concede,I don't have a right to judge you.

Mrs.Greg said:
Red Robin....I thought about it,your right I am judging what I percieve to be your holier then thou attitude,just like you judged me by saying I don't get out much. Not true,I get out a lot with our youth of today and I don't give a rips butt what they wear I look for whats inside there hearts.But I will concede,I don't have a right to judge you.
Of course you DO have the right to judge me and in my opinion the responsibility to judge me. If we don't use common sense and reason when evaluating someone's character, we're not wise. I will also reserve the right to make decisions based on how people dress, look, act, etc. I'll be wrong some and so will you. That's life. So what we've each learned so far is that I am holier than thou and you get out too much. :lol: :wink:

So if a kid has a tattoo (s) and pierced nose or ' whatever'.....in your opinion RR they are below standard?

If you believe this...then YOU do need to get out more!!!

Local law here just locked up the bank Pres./head deacon kids...2 boys all football superstars with scholaships. Nice clean cut , GQ looking guys for STEALING A CAR AND BREAKING INTO THEIR FATHER'S BANK OFFICE AND HAVING POCKETS FULL OF DRUGS IN THE PROCESS!!!

:roll: :roll: So much for your theory!!

Goodpasture said:
nonothing said:
It is time to put blame where it truely lies and thats at the feet of men......

This should raise a few hackles........perhaps the single biggest factor in the USA that has cause the dissolution of the family was a compromise that LBJ made with the Republicans in Congress. He began a "War on Poverty" which would have established a minimum level of income for all Americans. It is similar to the minimum wage. The Republicans made it a mandate that ONLY those families without an able bodied male could receive the benefits of this program. At that point in time, unemployment in the black community was in double digits. To see to it that his kids were fed, a good man left the home so his wife and kids could eat. Instead of helping all, the Republican compromise with LBJ CAUSED the disintegration of the family as our parents knew it. One more step for "conservatism" one more step backwards for the American people.......one more chink from the wall of the middle class.....one more "unintended consequence" of typically bad conservative policies.

Your right, every time the conservative's compromise with the liberals our country gets screwed...

So if a kid has a tattoo (s) and pierced nose or ' whatever'.....in your opinion RR they are below standard?
Whether RR thinks that is of no concern to me, but I will say you send your "thug" into get a upscale job and I will send a clean cut kid in. Their qualifications are the same.................now who do you think will get the job 99% of the time.

Our individual judgements are of a negligable importance...........but society as a whole is of astronomical proportions. So keep telling those kids to dress like you say and you are condemning them to a hard life.

My favorite niece,I love her heart and her kind spirit,shes a full time mom to her 2 year old son Ethan
n649370452_1031106_5213.jpg

n649370452_1260485_6943.jpg

Mrs. Greg that is great and I am sure she is a fine young lady. But I can tell you society will discriminate against her and many advancements (if she is given the chance) will be hard fought. Do you want to see her go through that.

passin thru said:
Mrs. Greg that is great and I am sure she is a fine young lady. But I can tell you society will discriminate against her and many advancements (if she is given the chance) will be hard fought. Do you want to see her go through that.
Not all of society discriminates against Chelsey,just the ones that don't see her heart just her appearance....I forgot to mention ,she an award winning photographer. Gregs as cowboy as they come but loves Chelsey with all his heart and proudly walks anywhere with her.Chelsey is one of the best moms out there,she choses to stay home and raise Ethan,her and hubby may struggle a bit but she says Ethans worth it.

Mrs. Greg I do not doubt you one bit...............but that first impression is what so many people remember.

passin thru said:
Mrs. Greg I do not doubt you one bit...............but that first impression is what so many people remember.
Yes...your right,but remember,I'm married to a cowboy,lots of first impressions when one see's greg too :)

kolanuraven said:

If you believe this...then YOU do need to get out more!!!
I of course never said that. I said if they dress and act rebellious , I'll assume they are. FWIW I've been there, done that, got the tatoo. I know where of I speak. I've been involved in rebellion and it gained me nothing but a hard time. True rebellion is when you take a stand for what's right and good in this world, not what is against society and upbringing like everyone else, but as a youth, that's hard to see without some guidance from someone else. All too often kids don't get that.
kolanuraven said:
Local law here just locked up the bank Pres./head deacon kids...2 boys all football superstars with scholaships. Nice clean cut , GQ looking guys for STEALING A CAR AND BREAKING INTO THEIR FATHER'S BANK OFFICE AND HAVING POCKETS FULL OF DRUGS IN THE PROCESS!!!
you've proved my point. Kids are in a sad state of affairs. Parents are doing a poor job. Schools are doing a poor job, government is doing a poor job and lastly Christianity is doing a poor job. Most large churches now cater to kids rebellious spirit to "bring them in" where once they are "brought in" they learn nothing more than rebellion is rampant in church just like society. I can't tell if a kid is a good kid. I can't tell if a kid is a bad kid. I can tell if a kid ( or adult) is dressing rebellious. I judge them how they want me to judge them. Do you think they wear chains and leather so people will think they are the kid next door? Butt crack showing because they want people to think they are ready for work? Skirt barely covering them because they want people to think they are chaste? Hardly. They put on the garb so people will think they are what they are presenting themselves as. We all do. Your GQ boys wanted people to think they were nice young men. They weren't.

:roll: :roll: So much for your theory!!
It's not a theory. As I said, been there done that. Preach to someone that hasn't walked the road.

passin thru said:
I will agree there are many great kids out there. But on the same token there are many who are rotten.
The ones who are rotten..........
...probably came from a disfunctional home
...expect society owes them something
...feels it is OK to take from others because it is only fair since the others have so much
...drugs are no problem...it is their body
...what will you give me
...they are too good to work at McD's after all their welfare parents told em so

These conclusions came from my daughter that deals with these kids daily. who has had assaults and threats of murder to her.

Now look at the conclusions by a person who deals with these kids..............are many of these beliefs similar to the libs.
Tax the rich
legalize drugs
free health care
Yeah, I just can't imagine how this country ever got to where we are today with all those progressive liberal thinkers throughout the ages developing new and better ways to do things and make things. Seriously, how did we do it? Hard to imagine someone actually wanting to tax the rich "I got mine, now you get yours" crowd either. I mean they worked hard for their money and used everything that the progressive thinkers provided to do it and now someone wants them to actually give some of it to the govt? Well, the shame of it! And we can't forget the churches. Of course, there are no liberal progressive thinkers that are Christians and go to church. They are immoral, unethical heathens. Why the roof would fall in if one entered a church.

Latest posts