• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

09 F250

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Cal

Reaction score
If the tires aren't all pumped up to around 80 bone jarring lbs. the tire warning light, which dominates the middle of the instrument clusterf___, comes on immediately....dealer can't reprogram it. The V8 and AT seem unimpressive, as is the mpg, seat is hard and uncomfortable, incessant seat belt reminder bell....use your imagination, drives and rides like an awkward lumber wagon. IMO, thumbs down. I'd much rather drive my battered '06 Chevy or one of the Dodges.

I have hard enough time buying tires for my 03 won't even think of buying a new one..

sounds like your as unimpressed with the new models as I was with my new jeep.. I sure miss the 95, but with 200,000 miles we needed to update..

the only thing worse then the seat belt alarm is my wife telling me that if I just put the seat belt on, we wouldn't have to listen to it's annoying chirp....

at least the new one had nice comfortable heated seats..

my 08 f150 has a code you can do to stop the seatbelt noise and also did the automatic door locks. it is in the back of the manual. I will talk to my mechanic. he says there are ways around ALL of that stuff, but the dealers are not allowed to bypass it. liability issues or something

buy a seat belt extender and put it in the latch and that will cut off the bell and then you can put your seatbelt on when you want to, that or go to the junk yard and cut the buckle out of a wrecked one.

On all fords it pretty simple to shut off the seat belt alarm: it just involves some buckling and unbuckling of the belt with the key on and truck shut off. It's in the book, and takes about 2 minutes.
I haven't driven a new vehicle that I do like, as far as I'm concerned they are all over priced fuel guzzlers, which makes me feel a little bit better about not being able to afford one :D

When we were at the Houston Livestock Show....they always have displays of new trucks. Ford, Chevy, Dodge...they all have their own lil section. We of course were lookin at Fords first.....cuz Mr Lilly has always been a Ford man.

1. they are way over priced

2. The seats look chincy in the front and the back.

3. They are way over priced.

The man walked up to us, and asked if he could help us. I flat out told him NO you can't. Cuz that truck's a piece of junk. The seats look and feel like they have less paddin than a baby carrier/carseat. The cloth is fake plastic that's supposed to look like cloth. For that price I expect full out leather seats that feel like I'm sittin in a lazy boy. You can't seem to understand that not all people wanna drive an automatic. There's no such thing as a standard transmission in a truck on the lot anymore. And to top it all off....it's UGLY!

We're driving an '09 Chev, and we're not too hipped on it either. Gas mileage is horrible, rides rough in my opinion, same non-stop seatbelt dinging also. (I also tell my husband to put his on so it'll stop! :) ) I have a hell of a time backing it up because I can't see anything, too many blind spots. I have no faith in the backing up sensors, I guess I'm too old fashioned. So, when I do drive it, I park so I can just drive away. I'm much happier driving our '97.

We have an 08 superduty (former Chev driver) and as long as the local chev dealer remains the same I will never drive a chev again. I love the Ford (except the seatbelt dinging) and better yet I love the service at our local dealer. As near as I can tell all the 1/2 tons or larger are pretty well equal nowadays and all too expensive.
For the record, the only reason we have a new truck is my old one was costing $1500 a month to keep running. I figured if I could afford that I could afford a new one.

Not sure what to think here...except that ALL of your 'newer' trucks would out-perform my 92 Long-Box, Ext-Cab, 1/2 Ton Silverado on EVERY front...cuz she's really nothing more than an over-glorified El-Camino with electric-hubs in the front, right ?

...but then I keep runnin' into people who say "That Old 93' Chevy of mine, she was a helluva truck..."

...and I'm left standing there puzzled...

I'll take a WELL-used 99' F250 Power-Stroke any-day over anything 'newer' out there.

They all seem to be junk. When shopping for a new truck my first criteria are a comfortable seat and steering wheel. When the new ones are broken and the often are my default is a 78 F150 with 400000km. Still runs like a top and the doors shut properly.

To solve the tire pressure warning going off if you don't want 80psi in your tires, is take a spare rim and drill holes in the rim to put all the pressure sensors from all four tires and put them in that old rim. Then just air that spare up to 90 psi and your problem is solved. Thats what I did for my dad on his new GM pickup.

All these new dang pickups are so way off priced its stupid. Half the crap that they put in them nobody needs except the stinkin city people which in turn makes them way over priced for everybody else. No wonder all the car makers are going bankrupt.

We have an '06 Dodge and Mr. FH really, really is happy with it.
But I rode in the backseat when we took our grandson back to
Wyoming and the roads in ND are terrible from all the oil truck
traffic on them...and I felt like I was getting beat to death.
It's not that way in the front. Just the back. It does as well as
any on fuel burned and has lots of power. It's pretty too!

IMG_0746.jpg

*Edited because it is an 06, not an 07. :eek:

jigs said:
my 08 f150 has a code you can do to stop the seatbelt noise and also did the automatic door locks. it is in the back of the manual. I will talk to my mechanic. he says there are ways around ALL of that stuff, but the dealers are not allowed to bypass it. liability issues or something

I need to know about that seatbelt dinging for my SUV.

per said:
They all seem to be junk. When shopping for a new truck my first criteria are a comfortable seat and steering wheel. When the new ones are broken and the often are my default is a 78 F150 with 400000km. Still runs like a top and the doors shut properly.

When I grow up I plan on having a '78 1/2 or '79 ford 4x4 (square headlights). I don't believe there has ever been a better looking truck made, and you can actually work on them if need be.
The '08 I drove for my oilpatch job broke the a/c belt. I told the office to phone the dealership to find out how many book hours they had down to change it, 'cause if it was less than 3 I would change it myself as I couldn't get an appointment for 3 weeks. Turns out 3 hrs wasn't even close.... what the he!! is that all about??? I changed out 3 radiators in it too.

It's an Alliarc (not sure of the spelling) and I think they are made in
...........CANADA..........!!!

He looked at a lot of them, but wanted one that would protect the
front of the pickup...not just decorate it....and he's been really
pleased with this one. It's not heavy and he's hit some deer with
no damage whatsoever. Mr. FH says they are "tougher than HE77." :p

Ford Canada just came out with heated tailgates so when you have to push them your hands don't get cold. I have an '06 Cummins too-I really like it.

Seems to me like the problems might be the ones with all the bells and whistles. My 03 F550 is the only brand new vehicle I ever bought, and I specc'd it out and ordered it just the way I wanted it. PLAIN. The XL package was good enough for me, no power windows, locks, CD player, etc. AC, power steering and brakes, tilt, cruise and intermittent windshield wipers and an AM/FM radio is pretty much it. The motor never craps out on the crank windows, and when 10 pounds of cow flop is on each boot, the rubber floormats don't care. The bench seat is not a problem with the seatbelt dingy thingy...just plug in the belt end of the middle belt into the driver's latch and no annoying sounds.

I enjoy all the bells and whistles when they work, but when they don't, all they are is grief and aggravation.

Latest posts