• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

18,000 Unfilled Jobs!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Steve said:
January 23, 2009 $46.47

October 28, 2011 $93.32
http://www.nyse.tv/crude-oil-price-history.htm

well not much has CHANGED, for the better that is...

Wallstreet and 401ks are doing fine, if invested in oil.....makes one wonder why a group wouldn't show up in Zuccotti park demanding crony capitalism for "green energy" cause they "beleive" in it.......

Oil and gas by the numbers

• 300 — Number of oil and gas permits likely to be issued this year by the Montana Board of Oil and Gas.
• Two-thirds — Percentage of those permits expected to be issued in northeast Montana.
• 1,304 — Number of permits the board issued statewide in 2005.
• $2 billion — Amount Exxon subsidiary XTO Energy has at stake in the Bakken Field. Exxon on Thursday announced it would increase Bakken drilling activity in the second half of this year.
• 806,576 — Number of net acres Oklahoma-based Continental Resources has under lease along the Montana-North Dakota border.
• $4.825 — Current price per thousand cubic feet of natural gas.
• $6 — The last price at which Montana gas was attractive to drillers.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_11f23e6e-9d2b-11df-96c0-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1cpva8cwc

hypocritexposer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Well I wouldn't believe what all those oil shows tell you- as I know of 2 rigs within 10 miles of Glasgow right on Hwy 2.... At least 2 different companies I know of in here drilling wells in the area....

The local job service has a stack of job listings about as thick as a telephone book....I'm already feeding cows and calving for one neighbor that has a job in the oil patch (lineman- working Sidney area and says they have 5 years work lined up ahead of them just to get power to the already proposed sites)--but today I had another a little further away ask if I could for him- as he had been offered a $ 2500-3000 a week job in the Plentywood area with the oil companies...
I told him that as the price/wages of all other jobs goes up-- so does feeding/wintering/calving prices/wages ... :wink:

Maybe I heard them wrong as here on the active drilling list for North Dakota lists 195 active rigs,https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

Maybe you can find a link to Montana's number other wise I'll stick to what I heard on the "OIL SHOW" :?

I once outlined the official numbers and even provided a link to the rig counts, but OT will only believe what he hears at the local watering hole.

Baker Hughes Rig Counts

MONTANA 8

N DAKOTA 189

http://investor.shareholder.com/bhi/rig_counts/rc_index.cfm

But BMR, looks like the "radio show" was only correct about the low number of rigs in Montana and incorrect on the high number in ND. :lol:

That's more like it. They probably said 188 and 8 as I thought i heard 138 which was much lower then I had heard on previous shows.

Wonder where OT's link to the "actual" number of rigs drilling in Montana is?

Big Muddy rancher said:
hypocritexposer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Maybe I heard them wrong as here on the active drilling list for North Dakota lists 195 active rigs,https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

Maybe you can find a link to Montana's number other wise I'll stick to what I heard on the "OIL SHOW" :?

I once outlined the official numbers and even provided a link to the rig counts, but OT will only believe what he hears at the local watering hole.

Baker Hughes Rig Counts

MONTANA 8

N DAKOTA 189

But BMR, looks like the "radio show" was only correct about the low number of rigs in Montana and incorrect on the high number in ND. :lol:

That's more like it. They probably said 188 and 8 as I thought i heard 138 which was much lower then I had heard on previous shows.

Big Muddy- I'm not going to look up any link for you or the nutcases that doubt everything (even their parenthood) - and who think they know better than I do living here --I know what is there and what isn't......Get your rear off the couch and drive down HWY 2 and come count them!!
My invite is open to you the same as them folks!!

I don't think many of the ones they are drilling now are considered new sites- as the one on the Cornwell Ranch was first drilled in 1952- and then closed up...The one on Winderls was first drilled years ago too....The ones on ours were last drilled in 1956.....They still have the old core samples (which now show its oil plentiful with the new technology) and are going back in to develop them...
Many of the jobs in the Plentywood area and the oil patch that was developed in the 80's-- is on "workover rigs" lining them up for the new technologies of angle drilling and fracking... I don't know for sure- but I doubt a new permit is needed on all those thousands drilled years ago- that they are now developing...

Comical thing is that while some of the bitchers and moaners on here are complaining about the state not issuing more drilling permits (aren't enough rigs and workers to handle what they have now)-- many of the locals are bitching and moaning about the state leasing out mineral rights on too much state property at too low a rate- which might take away from the mineral lease values of those with deeded property.... :???: :roll: :wink: But like the Hops and Hyps- some will bitch about anything..... :wink: :lol:

As I was talking to one of the fellows with an old well on his- that is now been redrilled and in the process of being sidedrilled and fracked-- he could care less what they lease those state rights out for- as long as they come in and keep drilling and bringing in the royalties... :)

And what did the oil exec say in the video-- 99.5 they drill is a HIT !!! :D :D

OT doesn't understand why no one believes him when he writes something here?

Somebody please give him the hint that he has no credibility whatsoever.

Lie after lie, and one on top of another will catch up to you sooner or later. :roll:

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
hypocritexposer said:

Baker Hughes Rig Counts

MONTANA 8

N DAKOTA 189

Big Muddy- I'm not going to look up any link for you or the nutcases that doubt everything (even their parenthood) - and who think they know better than I do living here --I know what is there and what isn't......Get your rear off the couch and drive down HWY 2 and come count them!!
My invite is open to you the same as them folks!!

I don't think many of the ones they are drilling now are considered new sites- as the one on the Cornwell Ranch was first drilled in 1952- and then closed up...The one on Winderls was first drilled years ago too....The ones on ours were last drilled in 1956.....They still have the old core samples (which now show its oil plentiful with the new technology) and are going back in to develop them...
Many of the jobs in the Plentywood area and the oil patch that was developed in the 80's-- is on "workover rigs" lining them up for the new technologies of angle drilling and fracking... I don't know for sure- but I doubt a new permit is needed on all those thousands drilled years ago- that they are now developing...

Comical thing is that while some of the bitchers and moaners on here are complaining about the state not issuing more drilling permits (aren't enough rigs and workers to handle what they have now)-- many of the locals are bitching and moaning about the state leasing out mineral rights on too much state property at too low a rate- which might take away from the mineral lease values of those with deeded property.... :???: :roll: :wink: But like the Hops and Hyps- some will bitch about anything..... :wink: :lol:

As I was talking to one of the fellows with an old well on his- that is now been redrilled and in the process of being sidedrilled and fracked-- he could care less what they lease those state rights out for- as long as they come in and keep drilling and bringing in the royalties... :)

And what did the oil exec say in the video-- 99.5 they drill is a HIT !!! :D :D

Your the one that said 8 rigs drilling in Montana was wrong. You then go on to say you personally know of 2 rigs drilling. One is drilling south of Plentywood and I have seen a couple drilling between Culbertson and Sidney.

Service rigs or work over rigs don't drill new holes. That's what drilling rigs do and that's what was reported. Holes drilled in the 50's, 60's 70's or 80's don't count in the number of rigs drilling today.
You were wrong no amount of weaseling will get you out of that. :roll:

Oh yea seismograph trucks also don't count as drilling rigs either.

Big Muddy-I never said 8 was wrong- just that 2 were here... And these local ones are new holes- right next to where the old ones were drilled- so they can go down to the depth where the core samples show the right formation.... Then they turn them over to the side drilling/fracking crews....In fact the old wells on our place were cemented shut and probably couldn't be drilled out...

Not sure how they categorize them- nor do I care... They are wells going for oil- and thats all that counts to me....The thing is- they may only have 8 rigs--but like on these sites they are only there for a few weeks- then gone to another site while the other crews take over .... But I know lots of designated drill sites are sitting undrilled because the crews can't get power or rigs to them fast enough...
It sure isn't any hold up because of government stalling....

They are hauling fracking sand into and storing at the old GAFB... My son was at a meeting on Thursday when one of the sand supply companies was asking the BNSF to get them as much rail as they could- and build them (they would pay for) several siderails to deliver/offload sand...

As I tell the local folks- like it or not- it is moving west- and faster than most thought...

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy-I never said 8 was wrong- just that 2 were here... And these local ones are new holes- right next to where the old ones were drilled- so they can go down to the depth where the core samples show the right formation.... Then they turn them over to the side drilling/fracking crews....In fact the old wells on our place were cemented shut and probably couldn't be drilled out...

Gee, I wonder why they would need to drill "beside" them to get to the same oil deposit......yet do not consider them new wells

:lol:

So let's get back to the opening post of this thread......

18,000 "unfilled jobs", seems the video is about ND and not Montana, but let's extrapolate

8 rotary rigs in Montana

189 in ND

or

8/189 * 18,000

730 jobs of the unfilled 18,000 would be in Montana

North Dakota Unemployment

September 2011

3.5%

Montana Unemployment

September 2011

7.7%

"Drill Baby, Drill"

Looks like the "half term Sen." was right again.......

But like the Hops and Hyps- some will bitch about anything..... written by oldtimer
He lies and then won't supply a link to support his lie, then accuses others of bitching claiming he does not have the time yet he has time to post all over the net,
Must be hell living in his world :roll: :roll:

Oldtimer said:

Not sure how they categorize them- nor do I care... They are wells going for oil- and thats all that counts to me....The thing is- they may only have 8 rigs--but like on these sites they are only there for a few weeks- then gone to another site while the other crews take over .... But I know lots of designated drill sites are sitting undrilled because the crews can't get power or rigs to them fast enough...
It sure isn't any hold up because of government stalling....

They are hauling fracking sand into and storing at the old GAFB... My son was at a meeting on Thursday when one of the sand supply companies was asking the BNSF to get them as much rail as they could- and build them (they would pay for) several siderails to deliver/offload sand...

As I tell the local folks- like it or not- it is moving west- and faster than most thought...

This looked like you said the "8" was wrong.
"Well I wouldn't believe what all those oil shows tell you- as I know of 2 rigs within 10 miles of Glasgow right on Hwy 2.... At least 2 different companies I know of in here drilling wells in the area.... " Doesn't it?

They also can drill through cemented holes, do it all the time.

:roll:

I'll bet starting about today there will be more than 18,000 unfilled jobs...With the folks living in tents and their cars- the cooler weather was already running some out-- but now with our snowstorm- 3-6 inches of blowing snow and 35+mph winds there probably is guite a few more heading back to warmer places....

Oldtimer said:
I'll bet starting about today there will be more than 18,000 unfilled jobs...With the folks living in tents and their cars- the cooler weather was already running some out-- but now with our snowstorm- 3-6 inches of blowing snow and 35+mph winds there probably is guite a few more heading back to warmer places....

Your diverting. :roll:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

So what is new about that BMR, that is his favorite tactic :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

How can I be diverting when that was the topic of the thread in the first place- unfilled jobs...You were the one that wanted to take it off into another direction...

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

How can I be diverting when that was the topic of the thread in the first place- unfilled jobs...You were the one that wanted to take it off into another direction...

Guess we will just have to agree you were wrong about the number of rigs drilling and the oil show was right and that the weather took a turn for the worse.

Admitting that you made a mistake only makes you human. If you do admit when you know that you are wrong, holding to your convictions when you know you are right will mean a lot more to anyone listening to you. If you can't admit when you are wrong, no one will believe you even when you are right.

It's really not that hard to say, "well I was under the impression that there was more drilling here. Guess I was wrong." Try it, might make you feel good.

On the subject of drilling: If they are having to go after oil that they could not get to before, then they are drilling in a different zone. The different zone under our state laws will require a different permit. And in most situations a different lease, if the lease was worded by an attorney worth anything.

I have not heard of anyone using an abandoned hole here. With all that is required in fracking a well, why would you take a chance in dealing with old deteriorating materials? If something went wrong, that company would be done.

If the hole is producing, you surely wouldn't want to interrupt it.

We have several sections around here with verticle wells that are being drilled with horizontal. Almost every section has a horizontal well on it now around us, or one is staked.

There is a good amount of work, not necessarily just in the drilling but in secondary fields. They just layed two large pipelines through here with a new pump station. You can't count the number of vehicles, trucks, and equipment running up and down the roads.

These pipelines are pumping millions of dollars into our economy. My understanding, the right of way (for both lines) is somewhere around the six figure mark per mile. Those crews have been out here for months, who knows what it is costing for the payroll, dozers, industrial ditch diggers, backhoes, welders, and more dozers.

I'm not big on the extra traffic, but it is a small price to see able men working and having a purpose.

I'm not big on the extra traffic, but it is a small price to see able men working and having a purpose.

words well spoken... out here (east coast) the job market is getting downright scary..

never thought I would be talking to the wife about moving back based on a job offer but after church today,.. we had that talk...

your words are indeed well spoken...

Besides the tax revenue from those working, these oil companies become some of the largest taxpayers within any state/province they cross.

the XL pipeline will add $billions to the tax revenue coffers, provide 20,000 jobs in the US alone and provide the oil that is now being supplied by a couple of contracts coming to an end.

obama has said that he will "personally decide". Let's hope he makes the correct decision.....but I fear he will put it off as long as possible to appease his base. A couple of negatives with that scenario......losses to Trans Canada Pipeline ($ 1 million per day) and the possibility that they decide to do something else with the pipeline, like making a right turn at the border and shipping the oil to China/Asia

Latest posts