• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

18 wheel ATVing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
I wanted to place some bales out on a old Crested Wheat grass field for the cows I am going to move on to it for calving. If I had been on the bit I would have mover them out 2 months ago across the ice from the springs that flow between the yard and around the hill. But I didn't so i had to figure another way out there. The regular trail is steep and twisty over the hill but i had another way I have used some and after filling in a bit of a washed out cow trail with some dirt I gave it a shot with the Mack and highboy with about 20 plus bales. I made 4 trips and got what i wanted moved. :D
The trail looks relatively flat in these pictures, But it wasn't :shock:
April22012haulinghay001.jpg

April22012haulinghay002.jpg

April22012haulinghay003.jpg

April22012haulinghay004.jpg

April22012haulinghay005.jpg

Down the other side
April22012haulinghay007.jpg

April22012haulinghay006.jpg

April22012haulinghay011.jpg

My Mack and it's rag tag load of old bales.
April22012haulinghay012.jpg

My strs out grazing and the hills in the sunshine are in Montana
April22012haulinghay015.jpg

The steep bank behind the trees is where they used to dig some coal for the ranch.
April22012haulinghay014.jpg

Great picture story. I used to have an old MAC cabover, about like yours, but mine had a 400 Cummins and a 13 speed.

no oil rig in the picture?? though those was everywhere up there...

Big Muddy I love your pictures !!! These sure bring back lots of memories, we don't have a Mack, but we sure have and old (I think) 84 Freightliner that looks a lot like that and we have the hills, we ranch close to the Cheyenne breaks in SD and will take pictures next time we hual hay and wheat. Thanks again for the pictures. 101

LazyWP said:
Great picture story. I used to have an old MAC cabover, about like yours, but mine had a 400 Cummins and a 13 speed.

That's a Gold Dog Mack. Mack 300 with a 6 speed low hole and Mack rear ends with Camel Back suspension. Rough and slow. :D But tough :D :D :D

Winter before last there was a drilling rig up on top of the hills above where I said my steers were grazing. We aren't bothered much YET. Was over to my sisters on Sunday and from Weyburn on I don't think we were out of sight of a pump jack for 70 miles.

Latest posts