• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

.22 rifle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Semi-Auto's don't teach much for marksmanship more of a spray and pray mentality.We don't have any semi auto's here.

Of course, a semi-auto, a couple of fifty shot clips, an automatic reloader and a buddy to keep your clips full has it's own set or merits as well
Yeap it does :p :p :lol: :lol: :lol: He says he has more fun watching me :wink:

Why are yall saying that a semi is only spray? I shot one shot at a time. I take my time, AIM, then pull. I am a dam good shot and have small groups. I learned on a semi auto. Learned shooting was fun and then went up to the bolt benchrest competitive shooting. If you want to shoot NRA smallbore it HAS to be a semiauto with no scope.
Should a young adult who is a owner of a gun not have the control to do the same?
Its NOT the gun but the shooter. If the child has no control then they have NO busines handling a loaded firearm. EVERY firearm is treated as LOADED AND COCKED any time you touch one.

I ended up getting her a Marlin Model 925R, 22 LR, bolt action, pink camo rifle. After taking it out to sight it in, it was decided it was so bad out of sight that I was going to take it back. It has iron sights, and the front site cannot be adjusted. I had the rear sight lowered all the way to the barrel and it was still shooting 4" or so high. I let several other people shoot it, and all had the same results.

Anyway, I went back to the place where I bought it, and told them the situation. They said they had another just like it, but it was in green camo instead of the pink. They said I could also trade for another model in pink camo, which was a single shot. I took my daughter in and she said she would like the green camo. She said pink really wasn't her favorite color anyway!

Well, after putting 20-30 rounds thru the new gun, it appears to be hitting pretty consistent.

I got an 10/22 thinking it would be the gun of my dreams, only to find out that a) it jams when it gets too cold outside b) the 30-rd clip I got is unreliable at best c) the trigger pull is much too hard. I much prefer my Remington 582 bolt action w/open sights that holds 14+1.

Latest posts