• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2nd amendment

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I said once and I'll say it again - we need look no further than our culture, our lack of discipline and morals. Guns, knives, sticks do no kill - only people.
This knee-jerk reaction by some about guns is not the answer. Stats show that 115 people die daily in auto accidents. Of those how many were children? Shall we ban automobiles?
Until we correct our cultural issues this is the norm.

I still can't believe that absolutely no one has commented on OT's refusal to say whether he'd have been a patriot or a loyalist during the American Revolution.

That coming from he who whined constantly about King George Bush trampling the US Constitution!

He's now been de-nutted on the subject of the US Constitution, forever. :lol:

Since I become paranoid over people thinking of me being paranoid, I sold my guns.

I removed the seat belts from the car.

I sold the children's carseats.

I removed the locks from the door.

I took the ROPS from the tractor.

I sold the smoke detectors.

I scrapped the lightning rods.

I feel much better now knowing my family will be safe from name calling and paranoid delusion.

Bootheel said:
Since I become paranoid over people thinking of me being paranoid, I sold my guns.

I removed the seat belts from the car.

I sold the children's carseats.

I removed the locks from the door.

I took the ROPS from the tractor.

I sold the smoke detectors.

I scrapped the lightning rods.

I feel much better now knowing my family will be safe from name calling and paranoid delusion.

You got rid of the steak knives too I hope?
You could choke on the steak!

and the..... oh gosh I'm too scared to say it....

Whitewing said:
I still can't believe that absolutely no one has commented on OT's refusal to say whether he'd have been a patriot or a loyalist during the American Revolution.

That coming from he who whined constantly about King George Bush trampling the US Constitution!

You can bet you a$$ all he would have been concerned about was self preservation...he may have changed sides quiet a few times before it was all said and done and lived to strut like a peacock as he hailed the virtues of the winning side.

TexasBred said:
Whitewing said:

You can bet you a$$ all he would have been concerned about was self preservation...he may have changed sides quiet a few times before it was all said and done and lived to strut like a peacock as he hailed the virtues of the winning side.

An engraving of a dashing Benedict "OT" Arnold done in 1780 shortly after he switched sides in the war. When asked why he was a traitor to the United States of America, he later claimed there were just too many unknowns and variables for him to support freedom for the American people against true government leadership. He went down in history as a proven liar, self-promoting braggart, and a yellow-bellied weasel who looked out for "Number One" and no one else.

lossy-page1-200px-Benedict_Arnold._Copy_of_engraving_by_H._B._Hall_after_John_Trumbull%2C_published_1879.%2C_1931_-_1932_-_NARA_-_532921.tif.jpg

Oldtimer said:
LCP said:
Maybe I wasn't clear...I support the 2nd amendment. I do not think more gun control does anyone any good, in fact I agree that it would be detrimental to personal security.

I know Hitler used force at a certain point...with the support of the majority of the German citizenry I believe, because he had convinced them that Jews needed to be wiped out.

My point is that if our government reflect the people's will, which our representative democracy is supposed to do, I am concerned that having guns isn't going to help us fight the ideological shift taking place in our culture.

Here's a question: what would the government need to do in order for you to take up arms against it? How do you think the media would cover that story? Do you think it would make a difference? It is a sobering thought for me. When the 2nd amendment was written, they didn't have a majority who thinks the same as today. Again, it was designed to protect people from a runaway government. Ours might be a runaway, but it apparently has the majority's support based on the last election. How do we change culture? Not with a gun. We defend ourselves with a gun, but in this scenario it's too late if that's what it comes down to. I don't want to end up like the Jews, with the SS knocking at my door. So culture needs to be engaged with ideas and words before that has a chance to happen.

Yep LCP- I can tell you what happened to those tax protesters and white supremacist movements (like the Aryan Nation, Posse, and Freemen) that tried to set up their own sovereignties , militias, law, courts, currency, etc around here- using guns and intimidation-- several are dying or still sitting in prisons and of those that have been released or served their time- most have lost everything ....

Even tho many were sympathetic to their plight of bad farm prices/high interest rates, etc.-- sane and rational folks realized that even that doesn't give you the right to anarchy and to break the laws set up by the true government leadership...

50 year ago those folk would have just been labeled as crazy.. today they are locked up..

every day a person gets labeled.. tomorrow more will be labeled .. as soon as they have a label.. they can be targeted, and "detained",.. today the buzzword is terrorists.. a few years ago it was militia, supremacists ect..

some day that label may move to land owner or gun owner.. and it will be considered "crazy" to be either.. then locking more citizens up will be acceptable.. just for defending that right.. and speaking against the government..

as the government gains more power you lose more freedom.. but don't worry, you won't know you lost that freedom until it is to late..

for now enjoy your large soda and count your blessings..

Even tho many were sympathetic to their plight of bad farm prices/high interest rates, etc.-- sane and rational folks realized that even that doesn't give you the right to anarchy and to break the laws set up by the true government leadership...

I would never call you crazy.. or even think you had a mental problem.. and to even think just because we are overweight we must be crazy is ludicrous,.. and most sane and rational folk would scoff at the connection,..or would they? Right now federal money is being spent to see if there is a connection..

and laws are being made because overweight people do not have enough self control to not order a large pop..

Results: Obesity is a condition of heterogeneous etiology that is harmful for most individuals. However, there is evidence that obesity, in general, is caused by mental dysfunction. Although recent work examining the neurocircuitry of energy balance has suggested that mental dysfunction may be involved in the etiology of specific obesity phenotypes, findings are too preliminary to support classification of obesity as a mental disorder. Nevertheless, there is evidence that obesity is related to mental disorder and many of the medications used to treat psychiatric illness.

so when the 'true government decides being overweight is a drain on society and many will be sympathetic, but since we are "crazy" the sane and rational will side with the true government.. and haul away they large soda drinkers.

so when should we speak out against our government... when they fine us for having an extra side dish? when the come and take our guns because you are overweight,.. cause we have to be crazy to be that overweight.. by their thinking..

before you say no one would think that.. being fat is a mental disorder,... if there is a study and it is government funded they are already thinking it..

I know we will never get it thru most of your heads- but like some on here have been saying -- using the argument of needing all types of weapons to protect yourselves from the government- or suggesting the need for anarchy or another civil war- or nutcase statements like this one:

Maybe our guns should used on the voters who think the 2nd Amendment is useless today?

are going to be what loses the progun lobby the backing of many gun owners, hunters, and moderates on both sides of the board-- and what will allow some bad reactionary legislation to come about...

Its a very small minority of the population that thinks we need to fight another civil war- or that its appropriate or sane to even suggest taking up arms against a lawfully elected government- and promoting anarchy...
And out in the real world- most those folks are thought of as "nutcases"...

That argument just does not fly anymore....

Now rant and rave- and call me names...But I hate to see my rights to buy, own or carry a firearm blown out because of a bunch of radical right extremists .....

Oldtimer said:
I know we will never get it thru most of your heads- but like some on here have been saying -- using the argument of needing all types of weapons to protect yourselves from the government- or suggesting the need for anarchy or another civil war- or nutcase statements like this one:

Maybe our guns should used on the voters who think the 2nd Amendment is useless today?

are going to be what loses the progun lobby the backing of many gun owners, hunters, and moderates on both sides of the board-- and what will allow some bad reactionary legislation to come about...

Its a very small minority of the population that thinks we need to fight another civil war- or that its appropriate or sane to even suggest taking up arms against a lawfully elected government- and promoting anarchy...

Now rant and rave- and call me names...But I hate to see my rights to buy, own or carry a firearm blown out because of a bunch of radical right extremists .....

Our rights won't be blown out because of some radical right extremists. They will be blown out because of the Left-Wing, in conjunction with the media, nutcases that have been patiently awaiting reasons to take your gun rights away.

Since when is asking a question considered "Anarchy" or promoting "Civil War"? :roll:

You keep forgetting that our Founding Fathers WERE definitely anarchists and DID promote & participate in a "Civil War" called the American Revolution.

Those who sit back and say nothing about our "True" government "elected or not" taking rights away from us are just as guilty as the ones perpetuating it. :mad:

YOU sir, are a coward...............................

Funny isn't it Mike? OT hates to see his rights to buy, own, or carry a firearm blown out and yet he supports the very kind of government that is prone to do just that.....even voted for it, probably twice.

I also see that freedom of speech isn't very high on his list as well. A real patriot, that one.

Whitewing said:
Funny isn't it Mike? OT hates to see his rights to buy, own, or carry a firearm blown out and yet he supports the very kind of government that is prone to do just that.....even voted for it, probably twice.

I also see that freedom of speech isn't very high on his list as well. A real patriot, that one.

Yes, it's both funny and sad.

Mike said:
Oldtimer said:

Our rights won't be blown out because of some radical right extremists. They will be blown out because of the Left-Wing, in conjunction with the media, nutcases that have been patiently awaiting reasons to take your gun rights away.

Since when is asking a question considered "Anarchy" or promoting "Civil War"? :roll:

You keep forgetting that our Founding Fathers WERE definitely anarchists and DID promote & participate in a "Civil War" called the American Revolution.

Those who sit back and say nothing about our "True" government "elected or not" taking rights away from us are just as guilty as the ones perpetuating it. :mad:

YOU sir, are a coward...............................

:agree: :agree: :agree:

:agree: as DOES any other sensible person....oldtimer is going over the edge very quickly folks and he needs our prayers

canadian angus said:
First thing is take away all the video games that promote shooting people. Threre is a generation that that is their past time, and texting!

CA

I totally agree!!!! If parents would sit down and watch these cartoons they allow their kids to watch .... the cartoonws desensitize our kids to violence... they are always chasing somebody down and killing them... promoting violence... someone have what you want, just take it......etc...

As a foster parent, I don't allow the kids to watch those type cartoons... I monitor the tv .... heavily.

Physicians kill thousands and thousands of Americans every year with prescription drugs and mainstream media doesn't harp on that .... you have to go to naturalnews.com or Dr. Mercola websites to get that news.... and there is no way that guns kill as many people in the USA as pharmaceutical drugs do... there is another agenda behind these tragic shootings..... and of course the United Nations wants gun control as with their treaty they passed a couple months ago.

Silver said:
George said:
I truly wish I felt I could go around without the feeling I need to be prepared to protect both my self and others around me - - -

I feel no need to pack a hand gun or assault rifle to protect me or mine and I don't know anyone that does. Which leads me to believe there is something wrong with a society where people feel that way. Is this a "chicken or the egg" arguement? Did the guns beget this fear in your society or did the fear beget the guns? If the guns caused the fear, would removing them remove the fear? We'll never know because that cat's not going back in the bag. Which leads me to believe the only answer is to remove the fear, and that will somehow take a monumental shift in the peoples value systems. Anybodies guess how many generations that will take even if the seeds were planted now.

On another note if the teachers in my school felt a valid need for hand guns in the class I would take it as my cue to move.

Unfortunately you would probably move to a community like Newtown, CT, that only had 1 violent crime in the past 12 months, before the school shooting.

Hard to say where and when, one of these tragedies will occur next.

Just a little tidbit.... We were at Runnings in Rapid today..... And the guy behind the gun counter told us that they have had a run on guns and ammo, especially reloading and small hand guns since the election.....

Accidental Deaths

National Center for Health Statistics

250,000 Improper medication and or medical treatment
50,000 Auto Accidents
7,000 Falls on Stairs
7,000 Pedestrians hit by trains or busses
2,000 Choking on food
2,000 Slips in showers
800 Hunting accidents (some with firearms )
209 Portable Swimming pools ( see break down below )
20 Dog Attacks

Under 25 Shooting Range deaths in the last 10 years combined
16 Suicide
3 Hit in parking lots
1 Mowing

The reason Shooting Range deaths were combined to show the last 10 years was due to the low numbers and the NRA felt it was needed to go back to get data. This shows 5 accidental deaths in 10 years or ½ death per year on supervised ranges.

Portable Swimming pool deaths were studied by the Consumer Products Safety Commission and this is a break down on average from 2001 to 2009

209 Fatal Drownings
35 Non Fatal Drownings

94% Children under 5 years old
73% On their own property

All NCHS numbers above 500 were rounded.

I guess first we need to ban medicines ( or doctors ) Then Cars, then stairs ( I guess we need to take down all buildings over one story high ) and of course get rid of the busses and trains - - - then we need to ban all food and showers - - - we won't need hunting if we can't eat - - - now what about those swimming pools.

Now for those Obama supporters out there reading this the last paragraph was from me and meant entirely tongue in cheek!

Latest posts