• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2nd Annual Coyote Calling Contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Southdakotahunter said:
Jinglebob, i do understand every aspect of your cause. I do understand all your feelings on the issue and i can see your point, i really can. I did not say you or any landowner needs hunters more than i need the landowner. I wouldnt say i need the landowner more either. what is did say is you guys need us as much as we need you and what i meant by that was that your cause needs us hunters to realize the situation. Until the hunters come to your side, this thing will never work because the hunter outnumbers the landowner and a vote is a vote. Get the hunters on the bandwagon and you have won. I think the saying is "you attract more bees with honey" and i think that is true. You cant compair mice with coyotes or deer or goats because the gfp dont. If i read the lockout website, one of the articals compaired picking nightcrawlers in the front yard with game hunting? thats like compairing mice with game. not the same. I hear you j-bob....i really do. There are a small amount of landowners out there, of which i am sure you or LB or many of the others are not a part of, that would take advantage of it by 1. Issuing their own licenses 2. Deciding limits on game 3. deciding when seasons start and such and thats why the law is the way the law is. In my area the gfp are decent people (most) who want to help the hunter and the landowner, just like they should and if you guys have a bad egg or 2 that needs to be addressed. I am sure its like cops, there are a few bad ones who think their s&*t dont stink. I think you were right, your movement should maybe have said "no big game" but then the hunters would think they are only wanted for pest control...its a damned if you do and a damned if you dont deal. I wont ask to hunt because i dont hunt that area of the state, Its really too far out since i have relatives who have land closer (west river) but others may ask and hopefully someday they will get permision or a polite "no" I really feel however, that if you are gonna lockout...lockout everything...deer, goats, prairie dogs, coyotes, coons, badgers, pheasants, grouse, dove, goose, duck, whatever the game and they are all game of some type, that way there are no questions of your goals. I can tell you this much for sure. If someone dont let me hunt that is fine , i go elsewhere but i sure wont help when it becomes a problem either.

I read this and came to that conclusion.

As far as sticking my nose in I ask questions and give my opinion as if that doesn't happen on here all the time. How many posters don't have cattle but post their opinions. Maybe not many but some sure do.

Like I said I can understand your useing the lockout to get your point across but i still say your waffleing by letting coyote hunters in locked out land.

Well said big muddy.......they hear what they want and thats it. if they dont hear what they want they resort to name calling and other negative ways. I can see it now....LB lobbying the legislature and calling them slobs and such........I know how i would vote if i was being attacked like that even if i agree with their position. Again, you

Foreman read you post on the CO in your area of your state, I'm calling you out because what you write is hard to beleive if it is all 100% Factual please post the county you speak of and the Name of the CO. If it is all factual then surely you don't have a problem posting who this man is for all to see? If not I'll consider it BS and so should everyone else. I just can't imagine a person doing what you claim and still working for a Game Dept.

There are more holes to all of this SD Lock out and the numbers portrayed and reasons why, than most could shake a stick at. People need to get along and know that law enforement is a good deterant in crime of any kind, you take away the enforcement aspect then you up your crime rate plain and simple. I know if I owned ground I would want the Game people to come check every now and then on my land, because again they are a deterant of crime. If you see a cop car you instantly look at your speed when driving, the Game Wardens in all states need to be able to conduct their jobs, without people who have a grudge to make that job harder. This whole thing is baseless, unless someone can give good factual evidance of all the "crimes" these game wardens of your state have committed against the landowners, if it is factual tell us what they have done to you, will start with foreman, I doubt he will have the set to post the information requested!!!!!

Liberty Belle said:
So liberty if you get over run with deer in your stacks are you going to have a deer shooting contest.
:)
I never said you shouldn't control you own coyotes but if you don't want hunters why don't you lock them all out?
Lock out what? Coyotes?
As I understand it coyote hunters need a licence in SD so does that allow the Game warden acess when he see a hunter on your land.
To shoot coyotes in South Dakota you only need a general hunting license, which almost everyone has. If the game warden tries to come on my land to check anyone for a general hunting license, he's gonna need a real good lawyer. Our sheriff won't stand for abuse of either the law or property rights by anyone, GF&P or hunters.

Looks to me that you have confused shooting with hunting.
Looks to me like one of us is confused.

The back bone remark was a bit faceiuos but SDhunter was trying to understand and suppout you but you seem to have a mad on. I know I'm not from the US but I am a landowner. I also sit on the Wildlife advisory committee representing the Stockgrowers at the Sask Environment table where all the wildlife groups do some of their lobbing for more hunting quotas and privledges so I am interested in what is happening in South dakota. I still say NO Hunting means No Hunting. That is one of my pet peeves that hunting can still be allowed when those signs are posted.
One of my pet peeves are people who stick their nose in our business and get that nose out of joint when we don't happen to care for all that free advice.
Where did you get the idea SDhunter was trying to "understand and support" us anyway?

I agree Libertybelle,big dummie is always sticking that big snout of his in some body's buisness,probaly wont do any good to tell him to quit,as his nose is big enough to store a small dog inside :D :D :D
I have been trying to teach him some manners for years,with no luck :( ............good luck

Your lockout is going nowhere until you guys tell old Libertybelle/Betty Olson to just shut-up. She is just plain evil. With her forked tongue and holier than thou attitude you will get nowhere.

Well, first off I'd like to apoligize for posting anything in this forum under my husbands handle. I should have gone and got my own but didn't feel like getting another e-mail address. Second I should not have posted anything in anger on here. Southdakotata hunter I would like to take this oppertunity to apoligize for calling you what I did, not very appropiate, but please understand I took great offence for being called a liar. Kato asked a question and I answered almost too personally. I"ve known our X-Game Warden ( yes I neglected to tell you all that he is no longer here.) since I was 10 and have seen probably more than most. I will not however post his name on ANY Forum. If you don't beleive me that is your personal prefence, but honestly don't know what I'd gain by lying about it. If you however want to know where I'm from I live in Harding County and if you want to do your own detective work, fly right at it!! Amazes me all that you would be so intested in what goes on out here but when someone trys to give thier side they get cut down. Things aren't always roses and alot of things go on behind the scenes. My intent wasn't to piss anyone off on here but seems like I did a pretty good job. In my closing I'd like to wish good luck to anyone whos entered in the Coyote Contest. Hope ya give them hell!! Know I won't miss any of the Mangy Critters!! Merry Christmas to ALL!!

foreman, I am sure I know you if you are from this same county, but you have me confused with your post.

I have heard it told directly to me that our ex-game warden helped him self to some peoples fridge that he had gotten used to mooching off of.

Funny. It might only happen in this area? :shock: :lol:

Your lockout is going nowhere until you guys tell old Libertybelle/Betty Olson to just shut-up. She is just plain evil. With her forked tongue and holier than thou attitude you will get nowhere.
Come on SD Steve, why don't you tell us how you really feel about me?

And how about posting your own name, big guy? Or don't you have guts enough to do that? :twisted:

Did you think you would intimidate this old Grandma enough to shut me up if you display my name on this board? Got news for you sweetheart – it's been done before and I'm still here. I'm not embarrassed by anything I post on the Internet – are you? :shock:

As for the lockout going nowhere – it has done all we need it to do already. We got the media's attention, the Governor's attention, GF&P's attention, and we are not bothered by either hunters or GF&P. Life is good. :D

Attention Itrap4u – SJ still has that question for you that you haven't answered. You weren't making something up there, were you? :?

BTW, you wouldn't happen to work for GF&P, would you? If so, what is your name?

foreman and jake - I've heard those same stories from the folks involved, plus several that were worse. Too bad GF&P didn't have sense enough to move him when this whole thing started and things probably would not have gotten this far.

Ok maybe citygal here getting lost LOL yall have a calling constest what do you do with them once ya get them to come to you ? Do you really shoot them?????
Hmmmmmm was looking for a winter coat and found a beautiful 3/4 length coat. Fell in LOVE with it and yeap it was coyote GAWD did I want the coat LOL till I saw the PRICE ...holly HAIL it was MORE than a frigging mink.
Sorry but I really fell in LOVE with that coat.
Can anyone come out and shoot? Have shoot with the best in benchrest so I think I can handle a coyote. hmmm how many skins do I need
And before any of yall get all bent outta shape I am a certified environmental educator. So I agree with saving animals but not at the cost of humans.

Lets just say with the witch hunt mentality I see on this board "IF" I was memeber of the Game Dept I wouldn't tell you who I am! I know more than most think and I also know how people like to fling sh*t in hoping some will stick when the majority of it isn't even fertilizer grade!

See thats why I don't bother to much with posting, because there is so much crap written on here, that has no factual truth to it, gets very upsetting to see many people dragged throught the mudd, when most of it is clearly crap. I don't make things up and I don't lie!!!!! I have morals and won't spread rumours or gosip on someones character! Unless you have first hand knowledge and can back it up proof positive why post slander?

I know alot do to sway people to their side of the coin, still don't make it right!!! Have facts and truth or leave it alone!!!

SJ ask the question again, it's been so long I forgot the question you asked!!! After I post a truthful response to SJ's question I'm done posting on this site, I'll look and have a few laughs from time to time, but bantering with those that think they know it all is a waste of my time. Good Luck to you all.

I'd like to have you post any slander you think I've posted here. To my knowledge, I've never posted anything that I don't know to be true. If I've made a mistake and put something on here that wasn't right, please bring it to my attention and I'll either correct it if it's an error or correct you if it isn't.

Since I don't know if SJ is home yet or not, I'll post the question she has asked you at least twice.
SJ: I see you are back on Itrap4u—I still would like to know where this has happened.

Itrap4u--These areas are deemed multi use areas, and are managed for such, problem being more hunters get closed out of some of these areas, so cattle can be kept in there longer!!!
Tell me where this has happened?

Our numbers have been cut.

In the Black Hills there is supposedly 8000 (GF&P claims) head of Elk on the public ground and private land 365 days a year. There is supposedly 12000 units for domestic livestock for 120 days per year on public ground. The 8000 head of elk are not fenced out of the private land EVER but the domestic livestock is fenced out of the public land for 245 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yet overgrazing is always blamed on the livestock owner. The landowner is also responsible for the fencing of his livestock on these leases and part of any water development.

I'm leaving to spend a few days in Gillette taking care of grandkids after their Mom had sinus surgery so I'm posting this reminder about the coyote calling contest that has kind of gotten lost in all the hoopla about the lockout.

The Harding County Coyote Calling Contest is set for December 17 and 18. Registration for the contest will be at the Number 3 Saloon in Buffalo on Friday, December 16th beginning at 5pm and ending at 8pm. Entry fee is $50 for a one or two man team and there will be check-ins each evening.
They will run the contest a little differently than they did last year, so if you should happen to get skunked the first day, you'll still have a chance at some prize money. Prize money will be paid for each of the day winners and overall winners. Any sponsors are welcomed, with all money after advertising expenses being added to the entry fees and split among the contest winners.
The aerial predator control pilots are staying on the ground until after the contest, unless someone is having predator problems, so there should be plenty of the mangy varmints to go around.
If you want someone to shoot coyotes on your place or have any questions contact Wayne Lee at 866-4653 or Rob Fox at 375-3427.

you forgot Big Muddy....its calling, not hunting....its calling. then its shooting, not hunting...shooting! Have you not been reading the posts...its calling and shooting. It dont say "lockout...no shooting" or "lockout...No calling" only hunting. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (what a joke!)

MsSage said:
Ok maybe citygal here getting lost LOL yall have a calling constest what do you do with them once ya get them to come to you ? Do you really shoot them?????

Yep, that's how it's done. Call them in and kill them. S/he who bags the most wins, usually.

MsSage said:
Can anyone come out and shoot?

*chuckle*

That's what the argument is about. :wink:
Generally, the organizers have a list of names, or a map, of where people can go to hunt. And usually, anyone can hunt.

Latest posts