• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

a few 2nd year of beef ranchin pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score
my 2nd year of beef ranchin.

learning from my mistakes

Thanks for looking!

steer2.jpg

micki.jpg

tractor.jpg

cows1.jpg

herf.jpg

calves11.jpg

16.jpg

steer1.jpg

steer.jpg

heifer2.jpg

heifer1.jpg

heifer.jpg

cows.jpg

chickens.jpg

Love your black badly calves...what kind of camera are you shooting with? Your photos are so clear! Thanks for sharing!

By the looks of things, I'd say you're on the right track..The colorful floppy eared calf is an eye catcher for sure! Also I liked the one with alll the cows and bull in the pond...cool pictures thanks!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate it! .....better stock in the years to come!

Can't wait to start breeding baldy heifers I have raised next year!!!!!!!

I was hoping the roan f1 heifer would come out a bald faced brindle, but I'll take her. :D She's younger than the H3 heifer in the picture above her, but probably a good 6 or more inches taller than her now. She's also getting very tame. Can't wait to start weaning the oldest ones next month or so!

The camera I have been using is a Canon PowerShot S51S.....not real small, but not too huge either. I feel it fits nicely in saddle bags or cantle bag. I take a million blurry pictures for every ok one.

Yes, north of I-70. 30 or 40 miles or so from the Iowa line. Got a little brown on some of my hay ground after cutting, and pasture that needs improvement, but is green as spring every where now again. I feel bad for every one that has had it so bad this year!

Thanks again!

You are another that I've been wondering how things are going. Thanks for the update and the photos RA, looks like all my worrying was over nothing. :wink: :lol:

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! I've learned more from you guys on
here than you'll ever know! Slowly, but surely....I'm building.
Hope all is well!

a few pics from today.

3 calves born-L to R....heifer-7/27/11....steer 7/22/11....steer 7/21/11
11herd5.jpg

11herd4.jpg

baldy heifer born 5/15/11, but had a little rough start
11herd3.jpg

old cow and steer calf born 5/12/11
11herd2.jpg

11herd1.jpg

11herd.jpg

11herd6.jpg

h2.jpg

I'll hide these I took today in here.

2 on the left haven't started laying yet.
One in the nest just started a few days ago
11fall4.jpg

not much to look at, but my most solid using horse.
11fall3.jpg

headed to go catch em
11fall2.jpg

not real clear....too far away
11fall1.jpg

Fallin rodeo bull
11fall.jpg

Faster horses said:
Are those chickens Barred Rocks? If not, what are they?

I like the way your good horse looks and I enjoyed all your
pictures. Thanks.

Thanks!

Yes, those are Barred Rocks.

I love having fresh eggs, but never thought I would get this much enjoyment caring for them and watching them....they're fun!

I have the 3 Barred Rocks and 3 Cinnamon Queens as of now. The Cinnamon Queens are laying machines.
Going to order a couple Sussex and Speckled Sussex and Buff Orpington one of these days.

Latest posts