• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Friendly Hello From Western Nebraska

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Karl

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thought as the new guy I should take some time to introduce myself. I work on a ranch in western Nebraska. I'm 20 and I am responsible for 150 cattle and am currently trying to get my herd started right now. I sure enjoy the Bull Session Forum. Its neat to see other peoples thoughts from different parts of North America. See you guys on the Trail

Karl Grueber

Welcome to the "family", Karl!!!! I am sure you will enjoy joining in on the friendly banter of the coffee shop and listening in on the "occassional" quarrel of the bull session!!!! :D :D :wink:
ranchwife....aka Kris!!! :D

Welcome Karl! :)

Do you live far from Soapweed and Saddle Tramp and the Hired Mans Wife? How about Katrina. There are quite a few from Neb. here.

Hello Karl. Don't forget a camera while you are watching over the herd. We want to see the cattle and countryside thru your eyes.
Here's wishing you a healthy calf crop and a soft bedroll.
~cert

I feel silly saying welcome since I'm a bit of a newbie myself, but as a fellow Nebray, I had to say hi.

Currently in the southwest corner, I've also lived in/near Chadron, Marsland, Kilgore, Dunning, central Sheridan co., western Cherry co. south of North Platte and grew up in the northeast corner.
There's very few corners of this state I don't know "pretty well"... :wink:

Karl said:
Hello everyone. Thought as the new guy I should take some time to introduce myself. I work on a ranch in western Nebraska. I'm 20 and I am responsible for 150 cattle and am currently trying to get my herd started right now. I sure enjoy the Bull Session Forum. Its neat to see other peoples thoughts from different parts of North America. See you guys on the Trail

Karl Grueber
Hello Karl . What kind of cows do you run ? Blacks.

I'm currently living by Oak Nebraska and we're runnin Angus cattle. Past few years though we have brought some Gelbvieh Bulls into the herd and got rid of the Power Genetics Bulls we had. Much happier with the Gelbviehs

I live in Western NE about as close to Wy or SD and never heard of an Oak NE before is this a new town I also checked my atlas and no Oak NE. Oh by the by the way Welcome to Ranchers

Yeah James look down by Kansas, South of Hastings, Oak may not event be on the map. Not alot of people down here, even less know of Oak.

Karl said:
Yeah James look down by Kansas, South of Hastings, Oak may not event be on the map. Not alot of people down here, even less know of Oak.

south of Hastings is "western Nebraska"? :???:

Hon, maybe you should whip out your atlas.
We might let you call it "central", rather than "eastern", but that's about as good as you're gonna get... :wink:

------

James--My husband grew up on a ranch his dad ran, west of Hemingford in Sioux co.

Turkey Track Bar said:
Welcome Karl!!!! Good to have you here---

Cheers---

TTB

Something I just noticed. TTB always says "cheersw" at the end of the postings. Usually, that is a word that is used just before you hoist a drink. Do we need to start a fund for TTB so we can get her some help? :???:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jinglebob said:
Turkey Track Bar said:
Welcome Karl!!!! Good to have you here---

Cheers---

TTB

Something I just noticed. TTB always says "cheersw" at the end of the postings. Usually, that is a word that is used just before you hoist a drink. Do we need to start a fund for TTB so we can get her some help? :???:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jinglebob:

Probably somedays, yep :wink: you need to, at least as much as I feel like I need to have some "cheer!"

I don't know why I started, but something unique to say have a great day!!

So, cheers Jinglebob, and I'll take donations!!! I have some pretty Red Angus cows I have my eye on that I sure could use the $$$ on!!!

Cheers,

TTB :wink:

Karl, Don't let em give you a hard time. If you want to say western nebraska, go ahead and say it....It just might be western nebraska in your neighborhood. My husband says we live in sandy soil, but me being a sandhiller, he has noooo idea what sand is... It's all in your own perception.

This is Western Nebraska to me. Lived in Eastern Colorado for a while and ran around the Southwest corner, People here are just the same. We're not as weird as those Easterners. So to us this is Western Nebraska

Latest posts