• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A gift from above today

Help Support Ranchers.net:

This has been one of the wettest May's I can remember in TN. We've had MAYBE 10 days where we could cut hay and we cut what we could. Right now we're in a dry window until probably Tuesday and we're cutting like crazy again. I have 7-800 rolls sold if I can just get it cut. :( Of course come late July and August we'll probably be wanting this rain, usually thats how it works.

Our two day total came to 1 1/10 inches... The creeks are higher than I've seen them in years, there's water laying everywhere, looks like we hit the jackpot :D :D

Well we had our share come really fast after about a 1 week planting window. Our gauge has 3" in it and most of that came in one day.

The no-till looks great, but not so good for the newly planted conventional soys. A real gully-washer it was. Some of the lighter knolls are now 3" lower and the hollows 1 foot higher with topsoil . . . .

But the grass is jumping now.

Mrs.Greg said:
We have not had a drop of rain since our snow left. There's total fire bans on ,gregs still getting called out to fires . One was started from a farmer getting ready to work his field and a hot muffler started it. People around here are scared and badly worried about if there will be crops or hay this year.Kola....can you try sending some our way.....

Same here, Mrs. G. If it don't rain soon, the cattle guys will be SOL. The grass is already turning brown, and there won't be any hay to speak of. Guys like my hubby are worrying themselves sick over their crops, there isn't much moisture at all. Our canola fields might be a write-off. The peas and wheat are still hanging tough, though.

Latest posts