• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A.I. ing hiefers

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin said:
red61 said:
We use MGA. The past couple years we've been having 90%+ conception rates on it.
90% of all the heifers in the protocol or 90% of the ones you breed?
Of the ones that responded to the MGA. We always have a few that don't respond to it so they get pasture bred.

We lutlyse and breed for ten days then relutlyse and breed the left-overs. I do prolly fourty every year and very seldom miss one.. It's the only thing I can say that I'm pretty good at... I did have a hiefier that never came into heat this spring and come to find out this fall she had a calf in the pasture.. She got bred as a calf..... :roll: :oops: both are fine...

How many re-use CIDR's, my Genex rep. didn't recommend it but I read on CT that some do. So I cleaned mine and put them in the freezer. Have to decide come July what to do.

Used CIDR's twice. After the first use, I washed them in Nolvasan, air dried them and put them in zip-lock bags. Stored them some place cool & dry, like the basement.

Just my HONEST opinion! Seeing how I AI several thousand a year. And I am no expert, you need to ask the purebred breeders that breed just a few a year and or have another job not related to the cattle industry that know all there is to know :lol: :roll:[/quote]

I thought I was doing just that!
not asking for someone to make their self proclaimed superiority over the rest of the posters :roll: :roll: :roll:

RMUG your opinion is appreciated your greater than thou attitude is NOT[/quote]

OH did you get offended :twisted:

hahahaha my self proclaimed superiority hahahahaha :lol:
that is what I was trying to avoid :shock:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ANGUS327 said:
I use a bull, he heat detects and breeds in one smooth operation and I don't have to be there. :D :wink:

Good for you, didn't think of doing that! :roll: :roll: :roll:

slim 2 said:
How many re-use CIDR's, my Genex rep. didn't recommend it but I read on CT that some do. So I cleaned mine and put them in the freezer. Have to decide come July what to do.

Do not do it. Been there done what you did and would not do it again.

CattleArmy said:
slim 2 said:

Do not do it. Been there done what you did and would not do it again.

What problems did you encounter CA???

Latest posts