• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A lack of comprehension

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm sorry I lost my temper a little - - - Both of the meritorious citations I have received were for being calm and talking the suspect into submission without any physical action being needed.

I can normally deal with Idiots but I was not in the mood this morning.

Yoru sign on car looks like an 'attractive nuisance' to me.

Probably gets more interaction with dog--with curious people trying to get a look---than if you left sign off.

But I think it's there intentionally.

Then you get to pull out your little badge and make your little threats.

Sounds like you get off on 'working traffic' with bowser in back seat and window rolled down.

That's one problem with recruiting for law enforcement--you get some guys with courage and talent--who honestly want to 'protect and serve'--and, make no mistake, most of law enforcement is helping people. But you also get the ones who never been anywhere or done anything (like a marine who crys about his v.a. benefits---but has never served outa the country)

And it's this second group who causes you grief---guys who instigate trouble, who need their ego stroked, who feel small about themselves and don't know a healthy way to deal with it.

Plus, Georgie Boy--you always got your victim hat to put on.

littlejoe said:

Probably gets more interaction with dog--with curious people trying to get a look---than if you left sign off.

Sounds like you get off on 'working traffic' with bowser in back seat and window rolled down.

That's one problem with recruiting for law enforcement--you get some guys with courage and talent--who honestly want to 'protect and serve'--and, make no mistake, most of law enforcement is helping people. But you also get the ones who never been anywhere or done anything (like a marine who crys about his v.a. benefits---but has never served outa the country)

And it's this second group who causes you grief---guys who instigate trouble, who need their ego stroked, who feel small about themselves and don't know a healthy way to deal with it.

Just where did you serve? How many hours of training do you complete every year to keep current in your law enforcement duties? I want to see your willingness to serve anyone besides yourself!

Most law enforcement around here is the "serve" part which I love. The protect part is what we train for the most and always hope we will never have to bring into practice. You just come across as a "wannabe" that is not willing to put into action the work needed to be anything but an internet wiener!

I hope someday you can pull up your big boy undies and prove yourself!

As far as working traffic with a K9 we have I 70 going thru our county and we make an average of 2 drug bust a month - - - yes I do enjoy getting drugs off the road. Most of the time the people I pull will never know I have a K9 but he come in handy wit loud mouth drunks and keeps me from having to either hurt or get hurt. He is like a fire extinguisher always at the ready and hopefully not heeded!

If you want to continue this please make arrangements to come and ride with me a couple of shifts - - - I still have hope you are not as brain dead as you come across here.

George I respect what you do but I understand where these guys are coming from. People here would put up that signage to draw attention or to be foolish. I think you need to take a step back and see both sides.

George said:
littlejoe said:

Just where did you serve? How many hours of training do you complete every year to keep current in your law enforcement duties? I want to see your willingness to serve anyone besides yourself!

Most law enforcement around here is the "serve" part which I love. The protect part is what we train for the most and always hope we will never have to bring into practice. You just come across as a "wannabe" that is not willing to put into action the work needed to be anything but an internet wiener!

As far as working traffic with a K9 we have I 70 going thru our county and we make an average of 2 drug bust a month - - - yes I do enjoy getting drugs off the road. Most of the time the people I pull will never know I have a K9 but he come in handy wit loud mouth drunks and keeps me from having to either hurt or get hurt. He is like a fire extinguisher always at the ready and hopefully not heeded!

If you want to continue this please make arrangements to come and ride with me a couple of shifts - - - I still have hope you are not as brain dead as you come across here.

Volunteered for the draft.

Volunteered for airborne.

Vietnam--82nd

Libya--as a freelance contractor.

Till fraternal org 'mossad' convinced me I was perhaps wrong thinking.....

Probably a hundred hours a yr, time permitting, unarmed combat, weapons and tactics, use of deadly force, firearms training, lecturing as 'underdog' ie terrorist, guerilla mindset, etc.

But enuf about me. Today I was at V.A. for 'one more test'---and I left humbled, as usual. And I remembered your post this am--and how you'd sniveled and whined about your v.a. treatment.

Tell me I'm wrong:

Did you ever see combat, were you ever deployed overseas, have you ever tried to crawl inside your helmet?

littlejoe said:
George said:
littlejoe said:

Volunteered for the draft.

Volunteered for airborne.

Vietnam--82nd

Libya--as a freelance contractor.

Till fraternal org 'mossad' convinced me I was perhaps wrong thinking.....

Probably a hundred hours a yr, time permitting, unarmed combat, weapons and tactics, use of deadly force, firearms training, lecturing as 'underdog' ie terrorist, guerilla mindset, etc.

But enuf about me. Today I was at V.A. for 'one more test'---and I left humbled, as usual. And I remembered your post this am--and how you'd sniveled and whined about your v.a. treatment.

Tell me I'm wrong:

Did you ever see combat, were you ever deployed overseas, have you ever tried to crawl inside your helmet?

When we meet someday I'll buy you a beer.

George said:
littlejoe said:

Don't worry George, little joe is a idiot.
Lack of comprehension is his specialty.

Just be thankful he's not you neighbor. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
George said:
littlejoe said:

Don't worry George, little joe is a idiot.
Lack of comprehension is his specialty.

Just be thankful he's not you neighbor. :lol: :lol:

Thank you Big Muddy,

I have come to the realization I can use him as a training aid - - - I have let my "Verbal Karate" skills slip - - - I should not have responded to his baiting - - - Prior to leaving the Corps we were required to complete the course to keep us from popping the heads of the draft dodgers who might spit on us and call us "baby killers".

Returning Marines were not real popular in 1971.

For the record I have never complained about the care I receive from VA only that I feel I'm being charged to much and have to wait sometimes. I just got rescheduled for cataract surgery again - - - it was supposed to happen in May, then November, now Dec 3rd - - - I'll bet it gets moved again but my primary care doc said if it gets moved again she is going to submit for me to get private care with VA reimbursement.

When I went in the contract I signed with the United States Government guaranteed me medical coverage for life - - - now every year I have to fill out a "means test" and due to the fact I love to work and make money I have to pay - - - there are many more Vets out there who are worse off than me and do not have the ability to get the right care.

I still like your dogs.

Anyone with a lick of sense would know to leave them alone.

Isn't there some sort of law that states: A vehicle carrying a K9 officer has to be labeled as such.?

Richardd said:
I still like your dogs.

Anyone with a lick of sense would know to leave them alone.

Isn't there some sort of law that states: A vehicle carrying a K9 officer has to be labeled as such.?

Yes it must be marked but most people don't pay attention.

Somehow this seems to apply. :wink:

Wet Paint Syndrome

The secret little things we do in life when we think others aren't looking or when our curiosity is aroused by a sign that is posted telling us not to do something. Inspired by the corridor that you walk down for 20 years without touching the walls. Then one day you smell fresh paint and the corridor has been roped off with signs that say "Don't Touch - Wet Paint." An overwhelming urge comes over us to touch the wall.

The family was at the zoo and one of the boys saw a sign that said "Do Not Feed the Animals." He immediately walked to a concession kiosk and bought a bag of peanuts to feed the monkeys. He was inspired by the Wet Paint Syndrome into doing something he shouldn't be doing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wet%20paint%20syndrome

The sign says ''guard dog'' and no mention of police training. How would a person be charged with anything when you have this sign on the vehicle? Are you training on contract for law enforcement?

Soapweed said:
Somehow this seems to apply. :wink:

Wet Paint Syndrome

The secret little things we do in life when we think others aren't looking or when our curiosity is aroused by a sign that is posted telling us not to do something. Inspired by the corridor that you walk down for 20 years without touching the walls. Then one day you smell fresh paint and the corridor has been roped off with signs that say "Don't Touch - Wet Paint." An overwhelming urge comes over us to touch the wall.

The family was at the zoo and one of the boys saw a sign that said "Do Not Feed the Animals." He immediately walked to a concession kiosk and bought a bag of peanuts to feed the monkeys. He was inspired by the Wet Paint Syndrome into doing something he shouldn't be doing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=wet%20paint%20syndrome

I know if I saw OT in a cage I'd have an overwhelming urge to poke him with a stick. :D

Latest posts