• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Life Changing Event

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SMN Herf

Reaction score
Its been a while since I posted on here. I do enjoy the pictures of all the different types of environments that people raise cattle under. I suppose I have been somewhat a seasonal poster as time permits. Usually this is a slower time and I can get a chance to post some pictures of what we've been doing this summer. Its been a wet spring and summer ane the grass and crops look great, except the wheat was very disappointing but hopefully the fall crops and cattle will make up for that.

We no more than got done with the wheat and on Aug 15 my eldest daughter was very tired and started to have some swelling in her feet. She hadd been pretty lethargic the past week, but at first really didn't think that much cause she had spent a week at Rushmore music camp and then her county fair came immediately afterwards, but she just never seemed to catch up on her sleep. Her normal doctors didn't really want to see her so they advised a trip to ER. She said she felt guilty taking up a seat there when it could be used for sick people. A little over an hour later, she was on a helicopter bound for Sanford Childrens Hospital in Sioux Falls with very low hemoglobin levels and very poor kidney function. We spent the next 11 days in ICU getting her body chemistry straightened out and had surgery to put 2 dialysis catheters in place. We are now in outpatient basis while working on getting her peritaneal catheter working so she can eventually do her dialysis at home.

She has been diagnosed at this point with a rapidly progressing form of auto immune disease that attacked her kidneys and small blood vessels.

I have a few pics uploaded but not sure I can post them on my phone. Will try, but may have to do it later when I get to a computer.

Brian

My prayers are with you - - - hopefully that is all you will need as that is the best I can do.

I hope this bring you comfort - - - sometimes life is so difficult to figure out.

Thanks for all prayers everyone, they are appreciated. We are at Mayo clinic in Rochester now for a couple of days for some scond opinions and further testing if needed.

Her name is Alison. I cant seem to get these pictures to post correctly on this computer, but I will try again later.

Praying for Allison, and for the doctors who diagnose and treat her ailment. This is a rough go. Praying also for her family in this unexpected turn of events. Hang in there.

Meetings went well in Mayo today. Pretty much confirming what we thought the problem was and verifying the treatment. 1 more optometrist appointment tomorrow, dialysis and then on home for the first time in almost a month for Alison and her mother. Whoo Hoo!!! Here are a few pictures. I cant seem to make them larger.

Allison_helicopterride.jpg

Alison getting ready to lift off in helicopter

Alison_and_Loretta_laandof_nez.jpg

Alison and her sister visit on ICU floor.

Sassytile1.jpg

Alison painted a tile for childrens hospital in honor of her horse

Sassytile.jpg

a close up the tile

Latest posts