• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A little beef poll

Help Support Ranchers.net:

fedup2

Reaction score
I am not sure how I would set this up as a regular poll. If anyone knows how to do it, how about just question no.1 yes or no. Number 2 could be included in your comments. I am trying to do this in a way so we don't get into the 'border' thing or anything else that might influence a honest answer.

1. Has anyone on this site stopped eating beef because they are afraid of BSE?

2. If anyone has, would you eat beef again if it was tested for BSE?

So much concern about bse & not one response! That's ok. As I told flounder, I have to take a break from this place for awhile. I have had enough of this anti-beef BS & I imagine that some of you have had enough of my BS. I have never joined a pack & I have always called a spade. I feel that each point should be discussed individually and forget the herd mentality.

For the loudest anti-beef voice on the internet to come onto this site unchallenged as he spews his anti-beef garbage sickens me. The fact that some of the posters on this site that I had a lot of respect for, have also been posting garbage stating beef is not safe to eat without testing also sickens me. I asked for a show of hands of people who quit eating beef because of fear of bse & not one response.
That ok! Probably my poor communication skills. See ya around sometime.

fedup2 said:

1. NO
2. Testing has definitely improved consumer confidence here in the UK.

fedup2 said:
I am not sure how I would set this up as a regular poll. If anyone knows how to do it, how about just question no.1 yes or no. Number 2 could be included in your comments. I am trying to do this in a way so we don't get into the 'border' thing or anything else that might influence a honest answer.

First I've read this thread Fed-up,sometimes it takes a few days for a responce to a thread esp this busy time of year :)

1} NOPE,and as a matter of fact,I don't know ANYONE who's quit eating beef because of the BSE "threat" and I'm living in the CLUSTER province of Alta.

Well I'll be the first yes- and I know from phone and PM converstations with others on this board- over the last few years- that others have too......

I have not stopped eating beef- but have been much more choosey on what I eat-- doing more to source it, so I knew it was not Canadian- and stopping eating organ meats like liver or tongue unless it was from cattle I raised and butchered.....My favorite meal when I went to a restaurant was liver and onions- not anymore after some of the studies show that the organ meats are much higher in prions......

My major problem is that I don't think half of what this current Bush Administration says/does is credible- and after watching some of the USDA/FDA/FTC/EPA/etal hearings and how the Agency's blew away the scientific evidence/recommendations of their own scientists in favor of Big Corporation scientists leaves the USDA's explanation much in doubt to me....
That and all the revelations of what King George has denied- but are now being found that he has hidden from the public doesn't make me optomistic of what we will learn in the years to come....

What a web we must weave- when we first decide to deceive.......

"What a web we must weave-when we first decide to deceive....."

Fits your modus operandi to a "T", OT!!!!

It is difficult to believe you are so gullible as to believe every unsuccessful minion in the GWB admin. who spews an incredible version of "facts" in order to reap the financial benefits being somewhat honest during his time in the "inner circle" did not produce for him.

Therefore, the only conclusion is that you CHOOSE to believe the worst of this administration.

How that can be of any benefit to anyone remains a mystery.

And, NO, I have not stopped eating beef, NOR have I changed how or where I buy beef when making the decision to purchase beef of different cuts or quality than that we raise, which is what we eat most of the time.

mrj

mrj said:
"What a web we must weave-when we first decide to deceive....."

Fits your modus operandi to a "T", OT!!!!

It is difficult to believe you are so gullible as to believe every unsuccessful minion in the GWB admin. who spews an incredible version of "facts" in order to reap the financial benefits being somewhat honest during his time in the "inner circle" did not produce for him.

Therefore, the only conclusion is that you CHOOSE to believe the worst of this administration.

mrj

You must be speaking of the McClellan revelations.....

How about all the others that have came out over the last few years with opposite info of what King George says- like Colin Powell, Greenspan, Brown, Tommy Franks, Jay Garner JoAnn Waterfield, handsfuls of Generals, 1000's of assorted agency scientists, FBI agents, GAO and GSA investigators and lower management..... :???:

The question I think of when all these folks come out with info- or testify in court or the congress the opposite of what GW has been propogandizing- and the Administration calls them liars and attacks their credibilty---
WHO HIRED/APPOINTED ALL THESE LYING WORTHLESS SOB'S :???: :wink:

1: No, although I make sure I know the beef I eat is not American, I have to say I am nervous about that, because of BSE and the various other problems going on down there.

No, I am not to concerned about BSE I will eat either US or Canadian beef. Even though Candada has found a number of BSE cases, there have not been enough to worry about. I would however like to see a good cheap reliable test so all cattle for slaughter be tsted.

If beef of both US and Canadian of equal quality were offered side by side at the same price I would buy US just out of loyalty. I do not believe that just because Canada tests dead and downer on the farms and ranches their beef is one bit safer. You can take that how you like but you won't change my opinion.

It is my opinion, that if US beef or any product is of equal quality it should be sold at the same price to the consumer. If packers and relailers, or who ever is involved can buy cheaper somewhere else the saving should be given to the consumer. If the markets work the way we are told this should increase consumption and if we are really all beef producers , not cattle raisers and packers all segaments should get equal share of the profits.

I believe that if our beef organizations, packers and retailers and the Canadians on this board, along with all others involved would quit using rhetoric and would examine the true facts things could we worked out for the better without the government introvention.

OT, not speaking of any one thing in particular, it's just your general attitude. I'm an honest person, therefore trust that most others are as well. Generally people who cannot be trusted or are dishonest assume many other people are the same.

I have noticed that NO ONE, including the mans' (a description of him used rather loosely) own brother is supporting or giving him ANY credibility whatsoever! Looks like he is desperate to make big bucks, so is lying through his teeth, understanding that sensationalism and deception sell quite well.

BTW, did you ever get it through your head that those Canadian cows actually are half of the INCREASE in slaughtered cows, NOT half of the TOTAL number slaughtered? Rather a puny number, really.

mrj

Yep Maxine- ALL those folks that you and the neocons now consider lying worthless SOB's were hired/appointed to/kept in their jobs by GW Bush.....

He must be a sorry judge of personnel :shock: or else a lot of folks realize all the truth/criminal acts/facts regarding his reign are going to come out- and are baling out before the castle crumbles around them....

Some of the things McClellan said is already being brought out and proven in the just started oversight hearings- some backs up Richard Clarkes allegations that GW/Cheney/Rummy were so obsessed by Iraq from day one that they overlooked Al Quaeda and Bin Laden-- and much of it on the critical issue of GW feeding us false info will be shown when the Intelligence Committee Investigation releases its report- and he knows it.......

McClellan says he's "Glad" to testify before Congress on the administration

Also discusses the CIA leak episode, Bush's alleged cocaine use, Katrina response

From Rebecca Sinderbrand
CNN Associate Political Editor

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said Friday that he would be willing to comply with a possible congressional subpoena to discuss the administration's handling of prewar intelligence, telling CNN's Wolf Blitzer he'd be "glad to share my views" if asked to testify.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer interviewed McClellan Friday.

Rep. Robert Wexler, D-Florida, said Friday that McClellan, who left the White House in 2006, would be able to provide valuable insight into a number of issues under investigation by the House Judiciary Committee.

The committee is looking into the use of prewar intelligence, whether politics was behind the firing of eight U.S. attorneys in 2006 and the leaking of CIA operative Valerie Plame Wilson's identity, Wexler, a senior member of the Judiciary Committee, said.

In the book, McClellan says President Bush told him he had authorized the leaking of Plame Wilson's identity to the press.

Clarencen said:
No, I am not to concerned about BSE I will eat either US or Canadian beef. Even though Candada has found a number of BSE cases, there have not been enough to worry about. I would however like to see a good cheap reliable test so all cattle for slaughter be tsted.

If beef of both US and Canadian of equal quality were offered side by side at the same price I would buy US just out of loyalty. I do not believe that just because Canada tests dead and downer on the farms and ranches their beef is one bit safer. You can take that how you like but you won't change my opinion.

It is my opinion, that if US beef or any product is of equal quality it should be sold at the same price to the consumer. If packers and relailers, or who ever is involved can buy cheaper somewhere else the saving should be given to the consumer. If the markets work the way we are told this should increase consumption and if we are really all beef producers , not cattle raisers and packers all segaments should get equal share of the profits.

I believe that if our beef organizations, packers and retailers and the Canadians on this board, along with all others involved would quit using rhetoric and would examine the true facts things could we worked out for the better without the government introvention.
:agree:

Not likely going to happen though!

Also had steak last night. I eat mostly my own raising and do wonder about BSE and would eat only tested beef if we were allowed to test it. I have lost 4 friends in the last year in their early fifties. Only one was beef related but not CJD. I think there are other issues to worry about more.

Poor OT, if you can't build up people, you can always try to tear them down to make yourself look better!

Accusations are not convictions in MOST judges courts. God help the unlucky souls in your little court if your posts demonstrate your grasp of our judicial system!

Have you ever admitted the womans husband may have had more to do with that leak than anyone in the administration......or that Armitage who claims the distinction may have been part of the anti-Bush cabal behind the scenes?

Rumors of drug use by this President, whose deep respect for the office and the White House are totally refreshing after the shenigans committed by the previous person (and his friends) to hold the office, are totally ridiculous!!!! No rumor to it with the previous bunch. Tthere was proof in the furnishings missing, not to mention that blue dress!!!

mrj

OT, Richard Armitage confessed to leaking Valarie Plame's name...you should quit reading the kook left web sites. You're smarter than that!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/08/31/AR2006083101460.html

But remember Robert Mac- we already have one person in the administration convicted of perjury and lying about the subject ( altho he was given clemency).....The last few years- and especially the current oversight hearings that Congress forgot to do for several years- are now showing a systematic mode of operation thruout the entire administration of propogandizing falsehoods and denying facts that have been found true.....Most legal experts agree that he could be Impeached- if Reid/Pelosi hadn't made the backroom agreement because of the continuing War on Terror, not to allow impeachment proceedings to proceed- prefering to make the change at the polls- which with all the upcoming revelations and the economy will happen- with 7-10 new Democrat Senators, 20-30 new Democrat Congressmen- and a Democrat President....Which is not a good situation :( I hate it anytime one party controls all 3 of those branches (like GW did- which allowed him to get away with what he did)...

But America should not exist on secrets and falsehoods and out right coverups and lies... If thats what it takes is lying to Congress and the Public- and usurping the Constitution- and the powers of Congressional Oversight--- then we might as well surrender because Osama Bin Laden has won.... :(

Maxine- did I ever say the "previous bunch" was good or have I came out supporting them.... :???: You followers of false Idols just keep backing these guys - without challenging any of them.... With all the people like Colin Powell, Richard Clarke, Greenspan, Brown, Tommy Franks, Jay Garner, JoAnn Waterfield, handsfuls of Generals, 1000's of assorted agency/department and private scientists, FBI agents, GAO and GSA investigators and lower management- that have already presented testimony and evidence to the contrary of the Administrations public statements/policy- we ALL in this country should be standing up and demanding some answers....

Don't be afraid to see what you see.
Ronald Reagan

I could care less if GW was a doper--The only thing I can see is- If GW truly was so blitzed that he can't remember if he used illegal drugs like cocaine- it could be an explanation for why his brain is so burnt out now he can't remember anything he does :shock: ....And why he tells the American people and the Congress so many falsehoods, which he seems to actually believe himself-- which is why he is disliked by 70% of the American public and a much higher amount of the worlds population.....

Don't worry Maxine- Obama says he doesn't want on Rushmore :wink: :lol: :p

Obama Says His Ears Too Big for Rushmore

Saturday, May 31, 2008 4:00 AM

MOUNT RUSHMORE NATIONAL MEMORIAL, S.D. -- Democrat Barack Obama paid an unscheduled late-night visit to Mount Rushmore Friday, visiting the national memorial at closing time and joking that his ears were too big to ever be included in such a display.
-----------------------
Asked by a reporter if he ever envisioned himself carved into the mountain, he said, "I don't think my ears would fit. There's only so much rock up there."

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/obama_mount_rushmore/2008/05/31/100413.html

OT, the thing on the Plame case is the special prosecutor knew the conclusion to his investigation (the FACT that Armitage was the leak) before he even started the investigation! The whole investigation (and the waste of taxpayer money) was to try to get rid of Cheney or whom ever they could catch. Surely you are smart enough to know there is as much lying, falsehoods, and propagandizing coming from the Dems. The Dems and their accompanist, the drive-by media, have been trying to destroy the character of Pres. Bush for 8 years...tell lies long enough and loud enough, the public will believe them. If there was something impeachable there and Congress does nothing, then they are just as corrupt as the administration.

It's all dirty politics and there are very few true statesmen in the 535 Congressmen. The only thing for sure is that our government is going to get worse before it gets better!

RobertMac said:
OT, the thing on the Plame case is the special prosecutor knew the conclusion to his investigation (the FACT that Armitage was the leak) before he even started the investigation! The whole investigation (and the waste of taxpayer money) was to try to get rid of Cheney or whom ever they could catch. Surely you are smart enough to know there is as much lying, falsehoods, and propagandizing coming from the Dems. The Dems and their accompanist, the drive-by media, have been trying to destroy the character of Pres. Bush for 8 years...tell lies long enough and loud enough, the public will believe them. If there was something impeachable there and Congress does nothing, then they are just as corrupt as the administration.

It's all dirty politics and there are very few true statesmen in the 535 Congressmen. The only thing for sure is that our government is going to get worse before it gets better!

You don't get convicted of perjury if you always tell the truth- and don't try to mislead or deceive...That should be the number one thing those folks remember- is their oath of office- which is not to some political party Idol or false God- but to the people of the United States of America--and to protect and defend the Laws and Constitution of that country...

Some of these folks long ago forgot who was paying their enormous salary/beni packets.... :shock:
Then there little butts wouldn't be getting indicted and convicted :roll: :wink: :p

OT, as a judge, how would you treat a prosecutor that came before your court and wasted the court's time when he knew the people he was trying to convict were NOT guilty of the charges that were under investigation?

Latest posts