• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Quiz for Redriver

Help Support Ranchers.net:

greg said:
I only live two provinces away and can't get one answer :???: Was wondering if anyone thought it strange... about the time Cattleco said Goodbye that redriver also hasn't been heard from???? Just an observation :evil:

Yea Greg and where is reader the second?

Big Muddy rancher said:
greg said:
I only live two provinces away and can't get one answer :???: Was wondering if anyone thought it strange... about the time Cattleco said Goodbye that redriver also hasn't been heard from???? Just an observation :evil:

She posted today.

Mike said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
greg said:

She posted today.

Where would that be?

OK redriver, times up. You've been booted out of Manitoba. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I guess it was the derogatory remarks you came up with about the hurricane that crossed the line for me. :!: Way to rude.

As for the quiz.

1. Sylvia Kuzyk. Has done the weather on CKY TV forever.
2. Social tickets, about 10 bucks.
3. BDI - Bridge Drive Inn. Ice cream stand on Jubilee Avenue in Winnipeg. A summer tradition. You can even get a sundae made in a half a pineapple.
4. Salsbury House Restaraunts are owned by Burton Cummings of the Guess Who.
5. The guy picking plums in his back yard in Selkirk was killed by a bear.
6. People in Steinbach have made many trips to La Broquerie to drink beer in the past. There is no drinking allowed in Steinbach.
7. Nick and Number One Son are famous for their Kern Hill Furniture Co-op ads that have been on the radio and TV in Winnipeg.

It's easy for someone from Angusville to not know these, but someone from SouthEast Manitoba should know them all. And redriver obviously doesn't.

red, I don't mind the arguing, but don't pretend someone from Manitoba would be so rude as to slam the people of New Orleans at a time like this.

bye bye

Thx for answers, the only one I don't get... What is a social ticket?? My brother-in-law hails from Manitoba..nice guy quirky sence of humor

A social is a cabaret, a hootanany, or a dance, etc. They are held to celebrate boxing day, new years, and stuff like that. Also, they are held for a couple about to be married so they can raise some cash to get started, and pay for the big day. They sell booze, have raffles, 50/50 draws, and stuff. The ticket is your addmission to the dance. $10 is standard for the three or four I've been to so far.
________
vaporizer answer

Neat idea... Local groups(Lions, ball teams,school travel groups) have these too but we call them fund raisers and not usally 10 bucks. As for weddings, we usually have toonie bars so depening on how many indulgers there are is how much money is made... this happens at the wedding dance.Different areas different ideas!!

We get the cash bars at weddings too, but the social is where the couple usually gets to see all their friends ... not just the wedding guests. It's where the serious partying takes place. :lol:

What a great idea, "I don't ever remember getting to one of these anyways" But I bet there are lots of them that are only remembered as "flashbacks"! :D :D

Socials are a big thing in Manitoba. Never heard of them in Ontario, till I went to U of Manitoba. Geez, I had half those questions right and I ain't even born and bred in Manitoba :p

Kato said:
OK redriver, times up. You've been booted out of Manitoba. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. I guess it was the derogatory remarks you came up with about the hurricane that crossed the line for me. :!: Way to rude.

As for the quiz.

1. Sylvia Kuzyk. Has done the weather on CKY TV forever.
2. Social tickets, about 10 bucks.
3. BDI - Bridge Drive Inn. Ice cream stand on Jubilee Avenue in Winnipeg. A summer tradition. You can even get a sundae made in a half a pineapple.
4. Salsbury House Restaraunts are owned by Burton Cummings of the Guess Who.
5. The guy picking plums in his back yard in Selkirk was killed by a bear.
6. People in Steinbach have made many trips to La Broquerie to drink beer in the past. There is no drinking allowed in Steinbach.
7. Nick and Number One Son are famous for their Kern Hill Furniture Co-op ads that have been on the radio and TV in Winnipeg.

It's easy for someone from Angusville to not know these, but someone from SouthEast Manitoba should know them all. And redriver obviously doesn't.

red, I don't mind the arguing, but don't pretend someone from Manitoba would be so rude as to slam the people of New Orleans at a time like this.

bye bye

Steinbachers don't have to drive that far, they can have a cool one at the Frantz Motor Inn just across the town line.
Sorry for being so slow, I was camping at Falcon Lake for the last week.
The uncertainty of my authenticity did demonstrate once again how stupid posters like HM are. Their drivel is truly demonstrative of their low level of intelligence.

Well Kato,as far as we can tell old red sniveler is a canadian?or he is a lieing sneak? I say we call him canadian and yall keep him,a big mouthed panty waist like him would'nt do well around here................good luck PS funny how he shows after the test ?

You know, HM, you are the finest example of why so many people hate americans. I would imagine even most americans would like to get rid of you. I can just picture you at the local watering hole; you'd be the loud obnoxious assshole sitting around with one or two other jerks, making sure that everyone in the place can hear your 'wisdom', while the majority of the patrons are trying to have a quiet drink.
I wouldn't do well in your red-neck state? Well, I can tell you that if you tried your bs in our local pub you'd be out the door face-first in a matter of minutes. We don't cotton to loud-mouthed jerks in our town. We are respectable, hard-working country people. Your kind are not welcome.

Kato said:
Steinbachers don't have to drive at all. Alcohol has been allowed to be served in Steinbach for over a year now. :!:

First you said that drinking was not allowed in Steinbach, now you say that it has been allowed for "over a year". So which is it? I know the answer, do you?

redriver said:
You know, HM, you are the finest example of why so many people hate americans. I would imagine even most americans would like to get rid of you. I can just picture you at the local watering hole; you'd be the loud obnoxious assshole sitting around with one or two other jerks, making sure that everyone in the place can hear your 'wisdom', while the majority of the patrons are trying to have a quiet drink.
I wouldn't do well in your red-neck state? Well, I can tell you that if you tried your bs in our local pub you'd be out the door face-first in a matter of minutes. We don't cotton to loud-mouthed jerks in our town. We are respectable, hard-working country people. Your kind are not welcome.

If what you say is true red sniveler,why dont you keep the profanity & hatred to a minimum,there are women and children reading these posts ,you can make your point without the profanity?.............good luck

HM, what decent parent would let their children read the garbage that comes out of your mouth? You need help.

redriver said:
HM, what decent parent would let their children read the garbage that comes out of your mouth? You need help.

post some of this garbage you are refering to,or shut up and slow down on the profanity & hatred.....................good luck

Latest posts