• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A quote that speaks to the heart of R-CULT's ignorance.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

QuoteL: "An irony in this case is that R-CALF considers only its own short-term economic gains," Dopp said. "Long-term, R-CALF's strategy will backfire as Canada expands its slaughter capacity, grows its own beef production and processing capacity and becomes a competitor to the U.S. rather than a partner in what was a highly successfully, integrated North American beef industry. If this unfortunate scenario becomes a reality, R-CALF has only itself to blame."

Because of R-CALF's ignorance about trade issues, the reduction in Canadian imports will eventually become an equal reduction in exports as Canada absorbs that portion of our export markets.

Unfortunately, in R-CALF's eternal ignorance, they will never know the difference. Like Saddam, they will arrogantly claim victory in obvious defeat.

~SH~

The sorry thing is that when they get done the US consumers won't know who to trust and You will be with out the checkoff to inform the consumer about the safety of beef as they won't stop until it's gone too. One court victory will just fill their sails and you will never stop them until the whole industry comes crashing down around your feet because of a native BSE problem. The they will disappear and leave the rest of the industry to clean up the mess. All the R-CALFers should be very proud they acomplished something that all the anti beef group in the US couldn't. They destroyed the US beef industry, piece by piece and lie by lie.

SH... the reduction in Canadian imports will eventually become an equal reduction in exports as Canada absorbs that portion of our export markets.

To start with that is your opinion and only an opinion. But lets just say that Canada gets plants up and running. Are you afraid that we cannot compete with them in the world market??

Your statement, and that of Dopp, suggests that we buy all of Canada's cattle before they sell them to someone else.

T: "But lets just say that Canada gets plants up and running. Are you afraid that we cannot compete with them in the world market??"

Hardly, R-CULT is the organization that is "afwaid to twade" with Canada, not me.

I don 't see Canada as competition. I see them as fellow cattlemen with the same goals and problems that we have.

Instead of working with them to solve a problem that we both have, R-CULT knifed them in the back and kicked them when they were down because they are too ignorant about world trade issues to see the consequences of their short sighted isolationist decisions.

Meanwhile they set the BSE stage that we could have to live with in the event that BSE was discovered in a domestic animal. Absolute political insanity! For that reason, I find R-CALF as disgusting as most Canadians do.

I see Canadian cattlemen as part of our industry, not seperate. I see no difference in the overall quality of their cattle or the safety of their beef and the facts support that.

This imagined differentiation was dreamed up by R-CULT to justify keeping the Canadian border closed to live cattle because they fail to realize the value of our export markets let alone how this will affect them.

Only a complete idiot that has no knowledge of the history of this industry would suggest that Canadian cattle are not complimentary to our best unless you have some evidence to suggest that the reputation of "NORTHERN CATTLE" stopped at the Canadian border???

Tam is absolutely right on how this could come back to bite us in the butt. In the event that we have a domestic case of BSE and R-CULT's anti beef cohorts quote them regarding the safety of Canadian beef, R-CULT will disappear, deceive, divert, discredit, or deny like they always do, while NCBA and USDA does their damage control for them.

Tommy: "Your statement, and that of Dopp, suggests that we buy all of Canada's cattle before they sell them to someone else."

No, my statement and that of Dopp's suggests that we normalize trade so U.S. cattlemen can be more profitable than they are currently without our export markets.

~SH~

Bull Burger said:
Sandhusker said:
"highly successfully, integrated North American beef industry"

Highly successful for whom?

Everyone IN the "North American beef industry"

I see. Those of us in the US cattle industry didn't share in that success. :wink:

Sandhusker: "Those of us in the US cattle industry didn't share in that success."

Oh, you missed the $62 to $117 fat cattle rally?????

WHERE WERE YOU?????

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandhusker: "Those of us in the US cattle industry didn't share in that success."

Oh, you missed the $62 to $117 fat cattle rally?????

WHERE WERE YOU?????

~SH~

And that was the result of being in a "highly successful integrated North American beef industry"?

Latest posts