• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Adios Amigos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Grassfarmer

Reaction score
It's time for me to bid farewell. It seems to me a lot of people take things far too seriously on here. I just got an email from Mr Pharo querying whether I was criticizing his thoughts or program by starting a recent thread involving him.
I will discuss/debate or argue things with anybody but when it comes down to always challenging a person's right to discuss/debate or argue things count me out.
It's been (mostly) fun participating and I've learned a lot. I wish you all success and happiness in your future endeavors.

Don't think nothing of it Grassfarmer-- Kit has e-mailed me a couple times when I brought up his name/ideas- and I've answered him back or sent him e-mails a few times....

Usually it seems like he just wants to know if you understand his position- and correct any false ideas you might have- or alluded to...I've hoped since he apparently is a lurker- he would come on here - or the 5BarX site- since many on that site have many of the same ideas as he does about raising cattle...(But then he and old Keeney would be going head to head- cause Keeney doesn't even agree with himself :wink: )..

In fact - You and Kit seem to think much alike on raising cattle- and making cattle work for you- not you working for them...

Maybe Mr Pharo should join the discussion. :?

I don't really think you should leave because of that thread. I don't always agree with you but you do make me think and I can't see much wrong with that. :D

As far as the BS thread I feel that many of us could use a break from time to time. Just not to long. :)
We just need to remember to only say what we would say in person.

Grassfarmer said:
It's time for me to bid farewell. It seems to me a lot of people take things far too seriously on here. I just got an email from Mr Pharo querying whether I was criticizing his thoughts or program by starting a recent thread involving him.
I will discuss/debate or argue things with anybody but when it comes down to always challenging a person's right to discuss/debate or argue things count me out.
It's been (mostly) fun participating and I've learned a lot. I wish you all success and happiness in your future endeavors.

Seems like Mr Pharo should develop thicker skin as I have read alot worse being posted about his ideas than you did Gf.. BTW if you have something to say why do people always have to go behind the scenes. I agree with BMR the least he can do is join in and defend his position for all to read.

Stick around, Grassfarmer. You have a lot of good ideas and raise some darned good cattle. Don't let anyone run you off. Cyberspace is a mighty big place, and there is room enough for all of us. :wink:

Grassfarmer, there is no need for you to leave. As BMR stated, I may not always agree with you and at times take exception to what you say, you have made me rethink a few things and that is not bad at all.

As my wife tells me..... "It's not what you say, it's how you say it" that make some take offense.

Stay and play.

my opinion of Pharo is not a good one. he is a snake oil salesman, in my opinion. his plan may work well for him, but he promotes it by telling you how wrong you are. his ideas are not universal.

you add a lot to the panel here, please stay and share with us. I would rather read your ideas and glean from it what I felt I could use, than listen to some guy tell me how much smarter he is, and how my program is wrong. Pharo builds himself up by tearing down others. I do not care for his approach.

he's not going anywhere, people. this is move out of NRs playbook. personally, i couldn't care less if you go or if you stay. i do enjoy your photos and reading about how you run your operation, but if ya gotta go......ya gotta go.

see ya around.........maybe.

Stick around you miserable old haggis eatin' bagpipe honkin', kilt wearin' foreigner :wink:
Even though at times you pi55 me off, I too have found much valuable information in your posts and hope you keep posting. Take a break if you feel the need, but come on back. I think we're all getting a little extra touchy in anticipation of spring, I for one will try to tone it down a notch or two :)

Kit Pharo is one of those tho that I'd love to spend a day or two with discussing ideas on cattle and grazing...Several others I'd like to too-- Mike Keeney, Larry Leonard, Greg Golden, Tim Ohlde, the Deboos, come to mind first...

Yep- I think Kit could add some great insight--but someone would immediately be cutting him down- making it a personal issue- and making it a pig wrestling match...

Aww Justin always including me I feel so warm and fuzzy-I only lose it when some zero attacks my family-there isn't anybody I can't handle on here chirping about me or my management style. My kids are off limits to anybody.

There, I read it, and a substantial thread it was. Covered a lot of ground. I don't see what 's the big deal. If someone puts out a newsletter to the public, that's exactly what it is.... public. It will be discussed, and how it is discussed is pretty much out of the control of the writer. That's what you have to expect.

I don't think you were being critical. I think you were just bringing up a topic for discussion, which I noticed went all off in a hundred directions before it was done anyway. :wink:

Stick around, we need some good solid Scottish common sense around here. :wink: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Grassfarmer I thought about that BS thread today and I think you were some what unfairly criticized. While you can come across as less than completely diplomatic I have never gotten the impression that your intent is mean spirited in any way. I think your tenacious critical thought process and questioning is of value to every one who is interested in a thought provoking analysis of issues that arise on this forum. The discussion will be missing a certain edge without your input.

Gee whizz, spend an evening away and another crisis rises up. Anything is poison given too much quantity. You're pasture management ability is too valuable not to share so if you take a break keep taking photo's and post a picture show when you come back.

Grassfarmer, Thank you for the information you gave us and your ideas.
People like Pharo can cause alot of trouble. I experinced a similuar deal on another site. Emails came in from a psoter and when I answered them he would cut and paste the perosnal emails and post them back on the site the next day. I spent more time worring about him than taking care of my own business.. I finally contacted the site adm and asked him to take me off his site. Its been a pleasure to get off that site and that poster is still on it causing trouble.
I think Ranchers is a much better board but as things grow people (like Pharo) will mess things up. It seems that this site is growing so fast that the actual ranchers are getting pushed out.
I get a little wiid myself but we can not be all perfect. Maybe I need to take a break off the board also. I own cattle but I am not a actuall rancher myself so its good for me to go if I can keep myself away from this computer.

Grassfarmer ain't going away too far. Once you've been on ranchers.net you have to die to leave. He'll just become a closet reader like myself, who throws in a line from time to time to let you all know I'm is still alive.

I just wish the time I post would not show up and tell you that I can't sleep at 3:52 a.m LOL and the only thing I could think of to do is check you guys out.

We got some fun happening up in Cunckleville and would love to have any of you join the gang in Red Deer on March 31st. Bring a load of Rcalf boys up Oldtimer; and we'll have a beer.

Big Muddy rancher said:

I don't really think you should leave because of that thread. I don't always agree with you but you do make me think and I can't see much wrong with that. :D

As far as the BS thread I feel that many of us could use a break from time to time. Just not to long. :)

GF, I agree with BMR. I respect your decision, but IMO your contribution to the discussion on this site will be missed.

John SD said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

GF, I agree with BMR. I respect your decision, but IMO your contribution to the discussion on this site will be missed.

Will Kit's be missed..oh wait he doesn't post here

Latest posts