• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Agman hit it real well

Help Support Ranchers.net:

PPRM

Reaction score
Just after Labor Day, I asked Agman about movement of product at those price levels. He described a dramatic difference between the summer lows and the high that follows (Fats). Well, Summer lows were around $80.00 and I see some contracts are in the $90.00 area today.

Too lazy top look back for sure, but I think he said sometimes it's $16.00 higher than the low. I read that and thot, Hmmm....I don't think I expect to see anything in the mid nineties. Well, with the lack of cattle that have been on feed for any amount of time, the way cattle aren't grding, the lack of choice grading beef, I think I was too pessimistic,

PPRM

PPRM said:
Just after Labor Day, I asked Agman about movement of product at those price levels. He described a dramatic difference between the summer lows and the high that follows (Fats). Well, Summer lows were around $80.00 and I see some contracts are in the $90.00 area today.

Too lazy top look back for sure, but I think he said sometimes it's $16.00 higher than the low. I read that and thot, Hmmm....I don't think I expect to see anything in the mid nineties. Well, with the lack of cattle that have been on feed for any amount of time, the way cattle aren't grding, the lack of choice grading beef, I think I was too pessimistic,

PPRM

The grading problems are a function of the extended summer heat. That caught everyone by surprise.

The summer low was $78.94/cwt. The average advance into the winter/spring high is 19.2%. The advance last year was only 17%. Take it a step at a time.

Feeder cattle reached new contract highs in all months despite higher feed grain prices and some profit taking.

The country was quiet with business wrapped up for the week. The weekly cattle slaughter was estimated at 606,000 head, 33,000 less than last week, and 29,000 fewer than last year. Feedlot managers are expected to price next weeks offering at least $2 higher, banking on the likelihood of strong country leverage. Packers have been expected to reduce kill hours next week; both Excel and Swift have indicated most plants will operate on a 32 hour schedule.

How about just seeding everyone home and that will lower tghe price of cattle!!!!!!

Latest posts