• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Alberta/Sask. Wildfires

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
I hope none of our Alberta or SW SASK posters are close to this area. SSAP is out that way if I'm not mistaken?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1110681--wacky-warm-weather-across-prairies-breaks-records?bn=1

little bow rancher said:
got pretty smokey around here , but I was wondering how per was making out .
Thanks for the concern Little bow, I a was wondering about you yesterday as well. I don't know what kind of carnage happened here yesterday. It got to windy to leave the office and when I did go out it was to go to a meeting. The house is standing and all the buildings I can see from my driveway and no smoke was detected. A few houses lost to fire near Nanton and a big fire near Granum/ Fort Macloed. Not sure of the damage but when I texted a friend down there he was moving cattle and some buildings were on fire. He didn't have time to explain further :shock: There was a big fire near Walsh as well. I haven't heard from anyone there yet.

They have some bad ones going south of the border too- down by Browning... I guess they had 85 mph winds that took down powerlines and started several fires around the area...

We're predicted to get the winds today- but milder- only 40 mph....Temp was 50 degrees when I went to bed last night-- its 10AM and I just finished feeding- wind is picking up and the temp is 58 degrees... :shock:

Hard to believe I live in the "Little Siberia" of Montana... :D

The fire near Walsh was north and burned north east along the Alberta Saskatchewan border north of the #1 hiway. Started at or near a bale stack. Burned hay in two different spots and pasture.

blrman said:
The fire near Walsh was north and burned north east along the Alberta Saskatchewan border north of the #1 hiway. Started at or near a bale stack. Burned hay in two different spots and pasture.

Nasty, nasty stuff. So I hope you were out of harm's way?

Latest posts