• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

All you 7730 owners come hither..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt said:
At the risk of sounding redundant - did you try the old standby, WD40? I can't believe that no one has suggested it yet . . .

I think I'm far enough away to safely offer that suggestion . . . :wink: :)

i think BMR did :D

gee, whenever i think about upgrading someone comes up with story like this with a newer piece of equipment. nobody knows without big $ diagnostic's.

nothing worse than a high dollar piece that won't run right

get's one to thinking about team's again :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
katrina said:
We keep it in a heated shed and there is NO water in fuel filters.... All the filters are clean..... And no home brew... Can't take the injector line off because it creates pressure up to 24000 psi and you have to take the tappet cover off... We put fuel additive in it..... We thought that might be the problem, but didn't help.. If it's electrical should throw a code..
Come on guys..... We need the imput......

You could have told us this in the first post. :D

I'm with Big Swede now.

Gotta be muffler bearings. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very funny!!!!! You stooges....... I just took it for granted that you all knew how we operated with all the pictures that I've posted.... I forgot youall had alltimers..... :p Where is jdbalerman???

Checked muffler bearings and they are greased with WD 40 and ready to roll.. I think as soon as this weather calms down maybe we should have them come and get it and tell them not to bring it back till it's fixed.... Ya think???

Justin said:
burnt said:
At the risk of sounding redundant - did you try the old standby, WD40? I can't believe that no one has suggested it yet . . .

I think I'm far enough away to safely offer that suggestion . . . :wink: :)

i think BMR did :D

Well yeah sure'nuf he did but I just wanted to be sure.

I'd say just run it and don't worry about it! Heck who of us starts and runs as good as we used to and we're all still pretty good at scraping mud!

See, I miss a few things too betimes, and my wife lives to tell me how good I am . . .

:lol:

katrina said:
:D :D :D Have I told you guys and girls how much I love you all?? :D :D :D Thank you ranchersnet for the wonderful friends who brighten my life every single day........ :D :D :D :D :D

Glad we could be of service. :D

Just remember next time you bring a mechanical question to the board we are ranchers.net NOT mechanics.net. :wink:

If we were any good at mechanics do you think we'd be ranchers? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
katrina said:
:D :D :D Have I told you guys and girls how much I love you all?? :D :D :D Thank you ranchersnet for the wonderful friends who brighten my life every single day........ :D :D :D :D :D

Glad we could be of service. :D

Just remember next time you bring a mechanical question to the board we are ranchers.net NOT mechanics.net. :wink:

If we were any good at mechanics do you think we'd be ranchers? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
that why the 5th wheel is left hooked up to the truck if we unhook it the lights won't work next time.... :roll:

I have had to replace the fuel shut off solinoid on my John Derre bachoe twice about 5 years apart. When it goes bad the machine goes into linp mode so you can move it but no power at all. Starts perfectly but no power.

The solinoid is about $180.00 and takes about 15 minutes to change right on the machine if you can get the tinny little bolts out. First time I changed it I broke to of the three off and spent a full day getting the tinny little steel screws out of the aluminum injection pump.

I put the new screws back with never sieze so about 5 years later I just spun them out and repalced the solinoid and was back in business!

I like the video'ng of it in action---makes it easy to show the dealer, plus you got it documented---maybe take a picture of the hourmeter while you're at it.
I start adding power service to bulk tank in late fall---80 ounce (i think) treats 250 gal as preventive. Sea foam seems to take care of a little water in diesel.

My J.D 4055 the tank drain is lower than where the suction line is---I check it often and always seem to get a teaspoon or more of water out---it's my baby, 4 whl drive and knee deep in new radials, lotsa clearance, diff lock--and as I usually feed with pickups, kinda 'save' it for when it gets totally nasty. This tractor will idle thru a mess that chained up all the way around pickup won't touch.

SMN Herf said:
If the thing is under warranty, I dont see how they can charge you $350.

Being one who has a John Deere Lemon they are a piss poor company they like money coming in but once you buy it it's your problem.

I will never buy another John Deere Machine not very impressed.

I'm with you Denny. I've never owned anything but John Deere tractors but I will never own another one. The new ones are junk. If something doesn't go wrong with my 6320 at least once a month I'm surprised. I'm past retirement age but if I wasn't I'd trade the damn thing off. Might anyway. The old ones were great but the new ones aren't. And they are sooooo impressed with the value of their repairs.

Red Barn Angus said:
I'm with you Denny. I've never owned anything but John Deere tractors but I will never own another one. The new ones are junk. If something doesn't go wrong with my 6320 at least once a month I'm surprised. I'm past retirement age but if I wasn't I'd trade the damn thing off. Might anyway. The old ones were great but the new ones aren't. And they are sooooo impressed with the value of their repairs.

$92 an hour and to think I paid that 3 times to fix the same item in 87 hours of machine time they tried little parts lots of labor,little more parts lot's of labor than throw away all the parts and add whole new part lot's more labor. I spent over $5000 on my 250 skidloader last year and in that time put 87 hours on it in 11 months.Thats not includeing all the work I did myself if I figured my labor you could add another $3000. The part that bothered me was their total lack of concern as to the problem that kept reappearing.

Denny said:
Red Barn Angus said:

$92 an hour and to think I paid that 3 times to fix the same item in 87 hours of machine time they tried little parts lots of labor,little more parts lot's of labor than throw away all the parts and add whole new part lot's more labor. I spent over $5000 on my 250 skidloader last year and in that time put 87 hours on it in 11 months.Thats not includeing all the work I did myself if I figured my labor you could add another $3000. The part that bothered me was their total lack of concern as to the problem that kept reappearing.

Is it paid for Denny? JD credit was an asset for us with the one new tractor we ever puchased. When I phoned them and suggested that they could have it back if JD wouldn't live up to the warranty agreement things started happening. :wink:

Hubby went and picked up his new grain trailer and brought it home.. Got home with it and noticed a wheel seal was leaking........ So before he could put a bushel of wheat in it.... He had to change the wheel seal....

My son traded one of the grain trailers last year for a new Wilson 40' with electric tarp and electric doors.

He was showing the tarp to me and it stoped working. Checked power, cables, etc. decided it was the motor. Called the dealer and they stated a new motor was $550.00 but we could pursue a warrenty issue with the manufacturer of the motor if we wished. My son very calmly stated to send a new motor and we would put it on and send them the old one or have his check and old trailer ready to be picked up as we would be there in about 3 hours. This was the day after he had taken posession.

They decided they would send us a new motor and they would deal with the warrenty issue themselves.

I feel this should not have been an issue. Wilson stated there warrenty is for what they build and the rest is covered by their suppliers. Not what we expected.

The trailer worked flawlessly all last fall and so far this spring. Hopefully it will for several years to come.

gcreekrch said:
Denny said:
Red Barn Angus said:

Is it paid for Denny? JD credit was an asset for us with the one new tractor we ever puchased. When I phoned them and suggested that they could have it back if JD wouldn't live up to the warranty agreement things started happening. :wink:

2 payments left on it now I owed less than it was worth so they would rather repoed it the bastards.

Latest posts