• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

All you 7730 owners come hither..

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
Our 7730 misses when we first start it... And smokes real bad... Hubby will shut it off and then restart it after awhile and it will run fine then... We used it to drag some mud outta the alley way and it wouldn't even pull and tried to die off.. We had someone come out and look at it.. It's under warrenty, but since there was no codes coming up they didn't know what was wrong and charged us $350.00. Any advice...... Hubby thinks it's an injector......

Thanks in advance!!!

Big Swede said:
Check the muffler bearings. :wink: What do you think we are, mechanics?

:D If it moves and isn't supposed to Duct tape it.

:lol: It it is supposed to move and doesn't. WD 40 :wink:

Try a change of fuel filters but they have the dang things so computerized it could be just the cat chasing the mouse. :?

I don't know how the problem could resolve itself by shutting it off. That new of a tractor is out of my league, is the fuel pump entirely mechanical or are the some electronic components too?

I just pulled out neihbors 7730 out of the snowbank this morning. Without the missing, I would say it would be fuel system related but I don't know.

If the thing is under warranty, I dont see how they can charge you $350.

Last year, our 9230 crank shaft went bad and it was covered 100%

With out being there, I would almost guess its either a lose/poor ground, or a poor connection in the electrical apparatus. Until you can get it to throw a code..... you are pretty much chasing a ghost. The only way the techs can find something like that is to get it to do it while they are there.

Put on new fuel filters and check for water in the fuel. If that doesn't fix it have the injector pump checked and be sure to get this done before the warranty runs out. They are expensive. If it is the pump pretty soon it won't run at all. Been there, done that. Once you get it going put a diesel fuel additive in with every fueling and keep the tank 3/4 full or more to prevent more condensation in the winter.

are you running home brewed fuel in it. My neighbor had to run a copper heater line thru his fueltank to keep his homebrew working. He's quite the hack so it's hard telling how gunky his home brew is though.

Can you loosen each injector line individually like pulling spark plug wires on a gas engine to determine which cylinder is misfiring? Maybe this is a no-no on modern diesels. :oops:

Depending on how hard it is to get to, it shouldn't be that much of a job to pull an individual injector and take it to the diesel shop to get checked out.

We keep it in a heated shed and there is NO water in fuel filters.... All the filters are clean..... And no home brew... Can't take the injector line off because it creates pressure up to 24000 psi and you have to take the tappet cover off... We put fuel additive in it..... We thought that might be the problem, but didn't help.. If it's electrical should throw a code..
Come on guys..... We need the imput......

ok, had the exact same problem with a 6410,dealer did all he could but it always cleared up when he sent a mechanic,finally video taped it smoking and missing,sent that in with my wife,no more argueing about what was happening. injection pump replaced for sure under warranty, new injectors at my cost, not sure what else but problem completely gone.

katrina said:
We keep it in a heated shed and there is NO water in fuel filters.... All the filters are clean..... And no home brew... Can't take the injector line off because it creates pressure up to 24000 psi and you have to take the tappet cover off... We put fuel additive in it..... We thought that might be the problem, but didn't help.. If it's electrical should throw a code..

You could have told us this in the first post. :D

I'm with Big Swede now.

Gotta be muffler bearings. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
katrina said:

You could have told us this in the first post. :D

I'm with Big Swede now.

Gotta be muffler bearings. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

also check the blinker fluid. if that is low, it can really throw things out of wack.

At the risk of sounding redundant - did you try the old standby, WD40? I can't believe that no one has suggested it yet . . .

I think I'm far enough away to safely offer that suggestion . . . :wink: :)

Latest posts