• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Am I reading this correctly?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WyomingRancher

Reaction score
It appears as though you can purchase cows which failed to raise calves last year for around $2000 each :roll: .

http://www.pharocattle.com/extrastuff/Sales/Heifer_Sales/index.htm

WyomingRancher said:
It appears as though you can purchase cows which failed to raise calves last year for around $2000 each :roll: .

http://www.pharocattle.com/extrastuff/Sales/Heifer_Sales/index.htm

It's the pizzazz and bragging rights that come along with the deal.
After all, you would not just be buying a dry cow, but buying into a program. :wink:

One "Mad Cow" and the people that pay those kind of prices are gonna be screaming calf rope. How can a person gamble that much on cattle?

Several were marked as sold - - - shows a fool and his money can be parted!

Quite a few years ago, there was an enterprising Longhorn breeder. He was a superb advertiser for his product, and was able to sell Longhorn cows for oodles of thousands of dollars per head. These were "investments" for rich people. The cows never left his ranch, but the investors paid not only for the livestock, but for the keep of the livestock. Some people are just good promoters and marketers of their livestock, and I guess it is commendable if they can find willing buyers. Hopefully the buyers don't get burned badly enough to suffer extreme "buyer's remorse."

Cull cows are cull cows, so let me get this straight, they are being disposed of because they have "failed" to meet PCC standards, yet they are still being marketed and sold as breeding stock to some one else?

I guess the high program standards, with the help of marketing prowess, are being punted straight through the grey goal posts of relativity.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :???: :?

Didn't ya know Kit is better than everyone else. Do as he says, not as he does.

I'll bet he has a few cows that only needed milking out a couple times a year for sale also

While I am not a follower of PCC, I'd imagine they must sell some cattle to be as successful as they are. And just to play devil's advocate....... At any sale you go to and purchase heifers or cows, aren't you buying someones cull? :???: I mean, somebody decided to sell the cow right? That means they didnt want to keep it, right? Just sayin'! :?

However he preaches he knows the right way to raise cattle, yet he markets the culls as "Breeding cattle"

So there must be more than one way to raise cattle huh

Is he any worse that all of those who would tell you that Angus beef is better than the other breeds.If we all could sell our culls for $2000 I'm sure we would...

Larrry said:
However he preaches he knows the right way to raise cattle, yet he markets the culls as "Breeding cattle"

One guys "culls" must end up as another guys cows! This outfit is no different than anybody who sells cows intended to become breeding stock. Unless you go to a sale to buy canners, who doesnt buy cows that were "culled" out of another herd? Maybe his culls are better than everyone else's breeding stock. Not that I believe that.....But somebody must or how'd he stay in business this long? I guess it just bugs me how we run folks down we don't agree with. If you don't want to buy any PCC cattle, DONT. But why run the outfit down? :roll: How bout' we all run our cows the way we'd like and allow others the same option?

Oh, I think Kit makes for an easy target. He chooses to single himself out as "the one" that knows how to run cows. No secret about it. He holds meetings all across the land selling his philosophy. Very good marketing. One of the best at it.

leanin' H said:
Larrry said:

One guys "culls" must end up as another guys cows! This outfit is no different than anybody who sells cows intended to become breeding stock. Unless you go to a sale to buy canners, who doesnt buy cows that were "culled" out of another herd? Maybe his culls are better than everyone else's breeding stock. Not that I believe that.....But somebody must or how'd he stay in business this long? I guess it just bugs me how we run folks down we don't agree with. If you don't want to buy any PCC cattle, DONT. But why run the outfit down? :roll: How bout' we all run our cows the way we'd like and allow others the same option?

It's a little thing called ETHICS. :? and Integrity

I suppose you could say we all sell our "culls". I usually keep what I feel are my best hfrs and sell the rest. If someone feels the ones I am selling are good enough to fit their purpose more power to them. When I have a open cow I take them to the auction markets and sell them as weigh up cows. I can't help it if someone buys them for breeding.
However if I traveled the country selling my program telling how if a cow misses she's gone then advertise them as "Our loss my be your win" I think that's a bit hypocritical. Does she have trich? She's a cull. :)

I sold about 40 cull heifers last fall if I did'nt need the money to pay bills they would have stayed with the 40 I kept.

Latest posts