• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Americans not enforcing feed ban?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SASH

Reaction score
U.S. hiding BSE cases: senator
this document web posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 20050224p84

By Barry Wilson
Ottawa bureau

Just days before a visit to Washington by the Canadian Senate agriculture committee to lobby for opening the American border to Canadian cattle, a Liberal member of the committee has accused the United States of hiding a huge BSE problem.

Nova Scotia senator Terry Mercer said at a committee meeting Feb. 15 he is not sure the Americans are enforcing the ban on feeding ruminant protein to ruminants.

He questioned whether the U.S. has hidden BSE cases. No American-generated BSE cases have been reported. The one U.S. case in Washington state involved an animal born in Alberta.

"I would contend that I do not believe it," Mercer said during an appearance by packer representatives to the committee.

"There have probably been hundreds of cattle in the U.S. that have BSE, and they have followed the shoot, shovel and shut up routine, or they processed the meat and exposed their citizens to bad product."

Mark Ishoy, general manager of Gencor Foods Inc. of Kitchener, Ont., said he would not be drawn into speculation about Mercer's allegation: "Why would I want to speculate on that at the moment?"

Ishoy was asked if he believes the Americans are properly policing their feed ban.

"I do not have any physical proof that would say it is not working in the United States at this point in time," he replied.

Members of the Senate agriculture committee, led by Alberta Liberal Joyce Fairbairn, travel to Washington March 1 for three days of meetings with American legislators.

The lobby trip comes the week before the American government says it wants to open the border to trade in live young cattle March 7.

There is widespread skepticism in Congress over the move and a court case next week will deal with an attempt by the U.S. cattle producers' group R-CALF to win an injunction against the border opening.

"I do not have any physical proof that would say it is not working in the United States at this point in time," he replied. "

But I do have physical proof that there are black helicopters in the area transporting their BSE cows to Canada. We don't own any helicopters to send these cows home and therefore they show up as our BSE cows. I think this is wrong and am working to correct this. I bought a helicopter off e-bay and therefore we should have no more BSE cows as soon as I figure out how to put it together as the instuctions that came in the box are in Japanese. :???:

But I do have physical proof that there are black helicopters in the area transporting their BSE cows to Canada.

So that's what you are doing out in Area 51. All this talk of alien conspiracies are just a cover up for the plot to destroy the Canadian cattle industry. Wow, those ranchers down there have more power than I thought.

"I would contend that I do not believe it," Mercer said during an appearance by packer representatives to the committee.

-------------------- :nod:
Looks like the packers control the thoughts and minds of the Canadian Reps. too.

There have been 4 Canadian cows or cows of Canadian origin found with BSE. Feed is the suspect. Somewhere, sometime, someone screwed up.
Where did the feed come from?

You Canadians, who post on here, want to kick the US producers in the teeth. You are not convincing anyone with your rhetric. Why don't you demand answers instead. I think your government knows quite well where the infected feed came from. They just don't want some big compamies or impoters to be held liable.

I really can not understand what you are trying to do, no more than I can understand R-Calf.

Clarence said:
There have been 4 Canadian cows or cows of Canadian origin found with BSE. Feed is the suspect. Somewhere, sometime, someone screwed up.

You Canadians, who post on here, want to kick the US producers in the teeth. You are not convincing anyone with your rhetric. Why don't you demand answers instead. I think your government knows quite well where the infected feed came from. They just don't want some big compamies or impoters to be held liable.

I really can not understand what you are trying to do, no more than I can understand R-Calf.

The Canadians here are not out to kick U.S producers in the teeth. More like R-calf........

But do you honestly think that The U.S has not had problems with their feed ban or their testing program.for R-calf to slam our Canadian Feed Ban is a joke.When there is glaring evidence that the U.S has problems.

( R-Calf )People in glass houses should,nt throw stones

frenchie said:
Clarence said:

The Canadians here are not out to kick U.S producers in the teeth. More like R-calf........

But do you honestly think that The U.S has not had problems with their feed ban or their testing program.for R-calf to slam our Canadian Feed Ban is a joke.When there is glaring evidence that the U.S has problems.

The U.S. does not have 4 cases of BSE either. Big difference.

Anonymous said:
frenchie said:
Clarence said:

How would you know?

Is it just concidence that 500 plus cows showing nervous disorder symptoms were not tested in U.S slaughter plants..for b.s.e

Is it concidence that the consumer Union is now demanding retesting of the Nov Cow.

good luck

Anonymous said:

How do you know? It is eazy for you to say but you are not testing the highest risk cattle now are you? When the USDA starts testing the 4D including those that are dieing on the US farms and Ranches and you don't find any then maybe we will believe you. But as long as the test samples are coming from slaughter house animals and multiple inconclusive test results come back negitive the rest of the world has a right to second guess the test results.

Latest posts