• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

An observation

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
We've been having trouble with a couple of bulls jumping the fence into a neighbors cows.. We've put another wire across the creek and rest of the fence is really good five wire. This morning we all went up to get one bull out. I went to see where he was last night, because when the guys fed cows they said he was missing.. I found him and couldn't get him to go down the fence towards the creek and our pasture. So we took the trailer to bring him home and enough help to get him easily loaded up..... But..... There is a ton of HOT cows in the pasture where he was....There was another bull there who didn't seem to interested in the cows.. I don't know if our bull whipped him out or what, but just wonder if the other bull is any good.... We do have our trouble maker home now.... But after cussing him a blue streak I wonder if it's really not all his fault.... Will be interesting to see if our one bull who was in the right pasture will stay... I'm quite sure our cows are bred....

Faster horses said:
Well, you sure took care of his fun!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
And now the neighbor might have a lot of open cows. :cry:
Don't you feel bad? :wink: :p :D

Thing is. They are really nice black cows on rented ground.... Yes our bull is having a pity party.....

Maybe you should have left him in the neighbors pasture. Your bull would be happy and your neighbors cows would get bred.

I shipped a darn good bull two years ago because he was jumping 2, 4 wire fences and crossing the highway to get to some hfrs. Turns out he had his cows bred and the bull in with the hfrs failed. He was just following his instinct but it was 16 miles from home and I was getting tired of putting him in as he would go between the pastures or just stand in the middle of the highway. :?

Unless I have failed to keep a good fence I will ship bulls or cows if they get out more than once.

Now if a car comes thru the fence or something like that I make allowances but with the traffic around here it is not worth the risk of them getting hit by a car and hurting some one.

Latest posts