• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Another dry andn windy year here.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jeff in ca

Reaction score
A cow with her baby in the ditch to stay out of the wind
017.jpg

Been mighty dry here this winter. As you can see the cows tails tell the tale of the wind...

Wind, jeff? That is just a breeze. :p Come for a visit, we'll show you
some wind. And it has blown for days and days. We are so dry
and checking the weather forcast to the middle of April only shows
two days of 20% chance of precip.

I hope it changes SOON for everyone who is experiencing dry conditons.
Waiting for rain isn't a whole lot of fun.

This has been a dry winter and spring in Southern California. So far just 3.5 inches of rain for the season ( since October) when we can expect around 7 inches. Plenty of 50 to 60 MPH Santa Ana winds ( basically a Chinook) to dry everything out as well.
It has rained for the past two Saturdays and we are hoping for more as we need it.

Hope you get some rain soon, Jeff, and if you get too much send a little our way as well. We did have a slight sprinkle a couple mornings ago. To show how dry the winter has been here, I forgot to turn the rain guage upside down last fall. We didn't even get enough moisture or cold weather this winter to freeze and break the bottom out of the rain guage. It has never ever been possible to have this phenonemon occur, without breakage, in years gone by.

Soapweed said:
Hope you get some rain soon, Jeff, and if you get too much send a little our way as well. We did have a slight sprinkle a couple mornings ago. To show how dry the winter has been here, I forgot to turn the rain guage upside down last fall. We didn't even get enough moisture or cold weather this winter to freeze and break the bottom out of the rain guage. It has never ever been possible to have this phenonemon occur, without breakage, in years gone by.

You'd think we'd remember to turn those things over but we never do. :oops: :lol: :lol:

Dry here as well. We got a little shower last night but barely settled the dust. :?

Latest posts