• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Answer me this

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hayseed

Reaction score
Why havent the chicken and pork boys started using this mad cow thing in their advertising?

Why havent the chicken and pork boys started using this mad cow thing in their advertising?

Unlike others, they are smart enough to see how this is hurting all of agriculture, not just beef. They also can see the day when they need help, because they are in the same situation. Unlike those others again.

I say thank-you to the pork and chicken producers, for not taking advantage of misfortune.

Funny, I have seen quite a few adds for Tyson chicken where they keep reminding everyone how HEALTHY their chiken is. Seems like they started right after the first BSE case was found. :shock:

well did ya ever think that at the top the chicken and pork guys have their fingers in the beef also.Seen an add on tv a few days ago advertising tyson beef products...

Big Muddy rancher said:
The Pork Council signed on to support opening the border. Maybe they have proffesional integraty un like R-CALF.

Big Muddy- I doubt if their are truly very many "independent" pork producers left.......Most have long ago sold their souls to the "corporate conglomerates" and have to follow their drumbeat.....So the Pork Council is not much more than a corporate mouthpiece like AMI and NCBA are....

Denny: "well did ya ever think that at the top the chicken and pork guys have their fingers in the beef also."

Thanks, Denny,...like I've been saying, 'It's all the same pocket at the top.' Besides, the news media is doing their advertising for them for free.

Big Muddy- I doubt if their are truly very many "independent" pork producers left.......Most have long ago sold their souls to the "corporate conglomerates" and have to follow their drumbeat.....So the Pork Council is not much more than a corporate mouthpiece like AMI and NCBA are....

Damn and I thought they were making a profit, but OT makes it sound like they are being enslaved and abused. How many hours a day do those poultry guys work anyway?

Jinglebob said:
Funny, I have seen quite a few adds for Tyson chicken where they keep reminding everyone how HEALTHY their chiken is. Seems like they started right after the first BSE case was found. :shock:

Perhaps you just noticed but those ads have been running for years.

Jinglebob said:

JB, how long have you been actively in the cattle business? I'm not being critical, but wonder if you were doing something else, that you missed the "chicken attacks" on beef over the past many years.

Chicken has been advertised and promoted in magazines for AGES as being the more healthful "white meat". That was one of the reasons for the slide in beef demand, IMO, and I'm certainly not alone in that opinion.

Finally, in the past year or so, the checkoff funded research proved that the fat content of beef was comparable to chicken and the nutrient composition is far superior to chicken. That information has been given to consumers, and used in ads with checkoff dollars.

MRJ

Latest posts