• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Any of these worth a hoot????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

R A

Reaction score
I need an action shot. A couple don't have much action in them.

These maybe aren't traditional cowboy shots though, that is why I'm needing opinions please! My more traditional shots aren't coming out very good today.....with weeds in the background and various things.

I still have to be careful where I turn my model...lol, and his pony or horse loose yet. I promised him a new transformer toy for packing my 60 footers around....lol. His little rope is shot....I need to get him a new one.

If they suck....let me have it! I'm not good at this!

lilbuddy6.jpg

lilbuddy3.jpg

lilbuddy2.jpg

lilbuddy1.jpg

lilbuddy-1.jpg

lilbuddy5.jpg

They might look better black and white.
lilbuddy4.jpg

Thank you!

I wasn't even thinking.....I probably should of posted these in a different section. I'm not use to posting in them. oooops.

Cool pictures I like the one with the boy throwing the rope third from the bottom

I like all of them, best is where the rope is thrown but the dog is in the pic. Next is where the dog has the ball in his mouth in mid air. If he was roping the dog that would be the very best.

How can you go wrong?

The only thing that will come close to comparing to a lil cowboy and his dog is a lil cowgirl and her horse. I think God reaches down and helps a person focus when it comes to lil cowboys and cowgirls.

Me on the other hand, when me and my also fat horse ever have a kodak moment, theres noone with a panoramic lense.

Cute kid and good pics.

Thank you! Thanks for the input!

I left his face out of these pictures to add a little mystery.....maybe it'll drive all the 4 year old girls that see these wild.....lol. ....just jokin!!!

I'm trying to get a picture of him standing in a corral, with his sadlle, pad and reins by his feet, throwing a rope to catch his pony, without anything I don't like in the background. .....just looking for thoughts on these that came out with the cleaner background scenery, while we were messing around today.

Thank you!

More people have replied since I hit post a reply. Thank you very much for posting! I really enjoy reading everybody's thoughts! It means a lot!

Nice series! My favorite is the one from behind, getting ready to throw the ball. Captured the action at just the right time, and the focused look of the dog is perfect. Next favorite, the one where he has thrown the loop and is still in "follow through" position. Nay on the black and white. Beautiful sky, trees turning in the background, etc. Too many beautiful colors not to use them.

Using your little boy for a model and wondering how
you are gonna work this all out with him, reminds me of an old Walt Woodard roping tape we have. :p

(For those that don't know, Walt Woodard is a world champion
team roping heeler and he makes instructional videos on roping.)
Walt says to his little boy, "Whose the best
heeler in the world?" The little boy looks at him and says, "Walt
Woodard." Walt gets up, digs in his pocket and hands the boy a
dollar bill. Then Walt says to the camera, "Gets a little expensive,
but it's well worth the feeling." :D :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

3rd from the top is so full of action and emotion.
the last color one is is great too.

Keep posting as for me i really dont care where you post the pics.....they are on a ranch and kids are major ranch talk LOL coffee shop is about bragging and you have reason to brag .
horses and dogs ..well you do have a dog in the pic.
everything elses sure you have fall colors
sports you have roping and balls ( yall keep it clean )
take your pick they fit in all of the above.

R A said:
I need an action shot. A couple don't have much action in them.

These maybe aren't traditional cowboy shots though, that is why I'm needing opinions please! My more traditional shots aren't coming out very good today.....with weeds in the background and various things.

I still have to be careful where I turn my model...lol, and his pony or horse loose yet. I promised him a new transformer toy for packing my 60 footers around....lol. His little rope is shot....I need to get him a new one.

If they suck....let me have it! I'm not good at this!

lilbuddy6.jpg

lilbuddy3.jpg

lilbuddy2.jpg

lilbuddy1.jpg

lilbuddy-1.jpg

lilbuddy5.jpg

They might look better black and white.
lilbuddy4.jpg

Thank you!

A little buckaroo---with a rope in hand
between the midwest---and the promise land
throw'n his rope---and reach'n for the sky
drawed a big loop---and let r' fly

just for a moment---he had life by the horn
as the trees changed colors---a lil' cowboy was born
with a little straw hat---and cowboy boot
will soon win the jackpot---and collect some loot

tho the trail is long---the reward is great
with a horse and a cowdog---to help carry the freight
with Heaven in his loop---Salvation is near
the little buckaroo---that had no fear...

good job with the pics

Thanks everyone! I really like hearing people's view points on these pictures! I've read and reread them all several times.

Thoughts on these if ya have time????

Thanks for looking at them and putting up with me!!!!

littlebuddy5.jpg

littlebuddy4.jpg

littlebuddy3.jpg

littlebuddy2.jpg

littlebuddy1-1.jpg

littlebuddy-1.jpg

I'm tellin' ya what, RA. That's a special kid you got there!

You better get into the video making business~teaching other
kids how to throw a hoolihan! :D

Great pictures-and an even better subject. :heart:

At least these should be in a day-planner or calendar.
You know you can have calendars made, don't you?

Latest posts