• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anybody going to Denver

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Been There

Reaction score
I been thinkin' about going to Denver to the poetry gathering at Arvada, but not real serious, price of gas y'know.
Then I got an unexpected paid invitation to do some poetry at the Stock Show on Saturday evening so will spend Friday at the gathering and Saturday at the Stock show.
Any of you folks go to the Denver Stock Show maybe I'll see you. Of course I would know who very few of you are.

PureCountry said:
Couple of Galloway breeders I know are going. They go every year. One day, in 2024, the wife and I'll make it down there.

Is that when you're retiring?

Shelly said:
PureCountry said:
Couple of Galloway breeders I know are going. They go every year. One day, in 2024, the wife and I'll make it down there.

Is that when you're retiring?

Retirement around here is defined as a pine box.lol

But it's probably the first time we'll be able to afford the trip. :lol:

YES, Mr. TTB and I are going....and I'm so excited that I can SMELL it!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We're leaving Friday and coming home Monday...not nearly long enough for me!!! I could have left last Friday and stayed for the full two weeks!!!

Cheers--

TTB

PS The only thing more exciting for me would be if I won Denver Broncos playoff tickets off of KOA--which will likely not happen, although I was close last Friday night!!!!

My daughter is going Thursday, her boyfriend works for Magness Land and cattle, they showed in the Limousin class. I should go as I have a sister who lives there.

Red Robin said:
I'll be there Sat. till Tue. What is KOA TTB?

Red Robin: KOA is a radio station AM 850 KOA--heck after dark you can probably get it in Arkansas---they have this contest where they give three former Broncos players, three stadiums, and three opposing players and a play and you have to put them in order...the one Friday night I knew but was one caller late. Winner gets two really good seats for the Sat. playoff game vs New England--I've never been to a Broncos game, and have always wanted to--but I guess it's not in the cards!!!

About KOA--they have a talk radio guy on about 8:00 pm or so central named Gunny Bob--great host--he was on last night talking about Colorado's (and probably most of the USes') screwed up prison system--he was advocating implementing Maricopa Co. Arizona's sheriff's (Joe Arparro ? spelling) system where the prisioners have to work--manual labor. It's the best you'll drive by and there is a "chain gang" picking up trash or rocks or whatever. Prision should not be a Holiday or Holiday Inn!!

OK off the soapbox, but check out Gunny Bob on KOA 850...

Cheers--

TTB

Red Robin said:
You were never in the Ozarks of Arkansas were you TTB? :lol: Radio stations don't carry very well. I'll try but I doubt I can pick them up. Were you ever at Neosho?

True RR never been to the Ozarks or Neosho...but have been to Arkansas (not for long, though,) however you can pick it up in the Mountains across the west where radio reception is pretty poor too...

Hope to see you in Denver....

TTB

Turkey Track Bar said:
Red Robin said:
You were never in the Ozarks of Arkansas were you TTB? :lol: Radio stations don't carry very well. I'll try but I doubt I can pick them up. Were you ever at Neosho?

True RR never been to the Ozarks or Neosho...but have been to Arkansas (not for long, though,) however you can pick it up in the Mountains across the west where radio reception is pretty poor too...

Hope to see you in Denver....

TTB
You'll get a live siting of the RR in Denver. I'll look ya'll up. I'll try the radio station to see if I can get it. Ya'll have a safe trip.

mn said:
My daughter is going Thursday, her boyfriend works for Magness Land and cattle, they showed in the Limousin class. I should go as I have a sister who lives there.
I have a friend who has a deal calving heifers for Magness on his ranch. Magness is a nice outfit. Have they been beating deer valley and express?

Bring along your gas mask.Watched the denver news this mourning two large wild fires burning near by.The smoke looked pretty thick during the traffic report.I wanted to go this year but wont make it. Have fun to those of you who are going.

Man I went once and it was a funnnn time-I got separated from my ride and had to live off the land for a couple days-when I finally found them I was down to 7 bucks lol. There were more cattle there but not as good on the average as you'll see at Agribition-lots of tallow and stumpy little steer bulls lol.

Latest posts