• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

anybody got a neighbor on this list

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Well, I personally know 3 of them. Was kinda surprised not to Soaps name in there. :D

I am pretty sure RA is number 12 on that list! :lol: I have no idea who #12 is but RA will probably own it before long. I know the Winecup country and where the Elliasons ranch too.

Is the Drummonds on this list the same family as the lady that has the cooking show on tv? Pioneer Woman I think my wife says its called.

LazyWP said:
Well, I personally know 3 of them. Was kinda surprised not to see Soap's name in there. :D

Shoot, we are just a piddly little mom and pop outfit. Numbers 78 and 88 are both nearby ranches though, in our corner of the world.

I had no clue the Linnebur family owned any where near that much. I know the last time I farmed out that way, they had a bunch of new Case IH combines, and had to put so many hours on each. Interesting country our there, for a wet behind the ears sandhill ranch kid.

The linnebur family would buy 15-20 case combines from a dealer in Burlington Colorado. Instead of hauling all of them they would road them from Burlington to byers. It would be a all day trip they would leave around 4 in the morning and make it there before dark. A friend of ours and his dad would both drive one of those combines. Now they buy them straight from the factory and the ship them by trucks. They use them one year then ship them off to dealers all over the country after wheat harvest.

tenbach79 said:
The linnebur family would buy 15-20 case combines from a dealer in Burlington Colorado. Instead of hauling all of them they would road them from Burlington to byers. It would be a all day trip they would leave around 4 in the morning and make it there before dark. A friend of ours and his dad would both drive one of those combines. Now they buy them straight from the factory and the ship them by trucks. They use them one year then ship them off to dealers all over the country after wheat harvest.

The roading story was one I had heard, the other was the would start a machine and let it run in the yard, with everything turned on. I used to work for Kalcevics and kinda know the area out there.

I always wonder if they even use half of the machines they have sitting there. Last summer I hauled alot of hay by their place and it was during wheat harvest and half of their machines where still sitting in the same place when they where dropped off last winter.

They missed one that is easily in the top 10 if not the top 5. Not sure what the exact land holdings in the US are now but it is quite large. The Mormon Church owns a tremendous amount of land. While parts of it are split up into different companies within the Church they are all owned in the end by the Church.

flyingS said:
They missed one that is easily in the top 10 if not the top 5. Not sure what the exact land holdings in the US are now but it is quite large. The Mormon Church owns a tremendous amount of land. While parts of it are split up into different companies within the Church they are all owned in the end by the Church.

A lot of the production they can, bottle, process and grind and use thru their Church Welfare system, some is donated to international relief organizations

Jody, it is truly an amazing organization. While I am not a Church member, I worked for them and was able to learn quite a bit about the operations as well as touring operations in Salt Lake. They do lots of behind the scenes type of stuff, they never take credit nor do they want to. I am here to tell you that people have no idea of what scale they operate on, their generousity would be a devastating loss if something was ever to happen to it.

flyingS said:
Jody, it is truly an amazing organization. While I am not a Church member, I worked for them and was able to learn quite a bit about the operations as well as touring operations in Salt Lake. They do lots of behind the scenes type of stuff, they never take credit nor do they want to. I am here to tell you that people have no idea of what scale they operate on, their generousity would be a devastating loss if something was ever to happen to it.
got a friend that a boss at a dairy bottling plant, he doesn't make great wages and a lot of his help is volunteer

Latest posts