• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anybody Have a Corriente Saddle?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Copper1272

Reaction score
Hi! I am new here on the board and was just wondering if anyone has owned and used a Saddle made by Corriente. If so what did you like and dislike about it. Any Info would be great. Thanks :)

I have a corriente association saddle, and it is comfortable for me and my horses, have roped some big stuff out of it and not broke the tree, its plaine jane work saddle nothing fancy, worth the money.

I've got three of them and mine is real comfortable...my hubby says that his feels a little wide to him, but he hasn't really ridden it much...talked with another fellow who told him once he's ridden it awhile, it'll feel a lot better....so far, i like it....takes a lot too, roped a lot off it and never broke anything...also gives you a good seat on a not-so-smooth buckin horse...

Sorry Copper...haven't checked this post in awhile. It hasn't caused any dry areas on my horse. However, I did use it on my two year old, who is tall and very lanky at this point, and it didn't fit him as well as I liked -- no dry spots, but I didn't like the fit on him, so I went back to my old hereford on him, which fits very well on all my horses too.

I've been real pleased with the Corriente...rode quite a few miles in it now and just gets better and better every time I ride it. I'd recommend it, but then saddles are kinda like gloves -- each one fits a person and horse different. I like it, it's comfortable, tough, and has pulled it's weight in my book.

i got one 2 years ago i dont think you can buy a better saddle for the money i seen saddles for 2500 that are not this good and im hard on mine there tuff saddles

my dad has two or three of them and really likes them. i remember him saying they were comfortable and you could sit down in them and not just on them. he put his through many years of pickin' up broncs and draggin' bull out of the arena....so i believe they are made well and plenty tuff.

Bought an association saddle about 3 months ago. So far its been rained on 10 times, swam 3 canals, roped around 15 bulls, thrown int he mud and thrown around the truck and trailer. Couldnt ask for a better saddle. just get ready to oil that sucker for days.

When I was looking at the Corriente saddle, I found this site and after getting the Wade from them, I joined so that I could add to the thread.

I'm not a rancher by trade but wanted a saddle that was capable of ranch work when necessary. I just sold a custom made that I had for ~12 years and was going to order another custom saddle but needed one right away. Used was an option but I had been thinking about the reviews I read on the Corriente. I figured I would take the chance and full expected to return it as junk. I also figured that if it was OK, I could use it as a back up or as a training saddle.

I ordered the Wade in a medium oil, round skirts, extra tooling - what they refer to as their Ebay model. A few days latter it got here and I was blown away as to what you get for such little money. Fit my horse well but I had a few questions that Wayne (owner) answered by phone - and gave me an education as well.

I decided to hold off on the new custom saddle - after ~20 hours of trail riding, this one will work out just fine.

My experience with Corriente Saddle Co. has been great. Great people and service. I have one of their roping saddles and have had it for 7 years. Absolutely no problems. I've had it on qrt. horses, an appy. and a fox trotter and it fit them all very well. Leaves no dry spots. I've had it on horses from 14.2 to over 16 hands. Very comfortable. The horse I'm riding now is over 16 hands and pretty straight-backed and it fits well and leaves no dry spots. My wife's paint horse is long-coupled, high-withered and about 15.2 and it fits him well too. Great all-around saddle.
I'm not a name dropper, but I will say this - a friend of mine who is a very good team roper is the son of the WPRA (womens pro rodeo) World Champion Team Roper and he won a saddle made by Corriente back in 1997 and that saddle is still one of their favorite roping saddles. He and his dad have both used it for team roping over the past 13 years. The leather is starting to curl a little, but they don't baby their tack or saddles and they still like using their Corriente trophy saddle. I expect to get many, many years of use out of mine and am considering purchasing an association saddle in the near future.

Hey just found this and want to agree. I've had the full rough-out training saddle and I wouldn't send it back for anything. I've put about 5 years of fulltime riding into it and it's held up incredibly. It's been flipped on, rolled on, dragged and thrown by me and it keeps kicking. Is definitely a little wide for some people but solid workmanship, low maintenance. Definitely worth the money spent.

Definitely a good deal.

My husband bought a 17 inch Corriente Wade saddle, round skirts, full roughout about 2 yrs ago. We run a 950 pair cattle ranch and he uses it daily.
He has roped lots off of it and used it on many different shaped horses from big bulky draft crosses, to my reining gelding to his long lanky mustang mare. With a few simple pads it fits everything fairly well. It is a plain looking saddle, great for hard tough work. I am thinking of buying myself one for working in as well. It really is a great saddle at a good price.

I have never seen any of their tooled saddles so I dont know what the quality of the leather working/tooling is. The roughout looked great and has been so funtional!

The one downside is the d rings that you use for your breastcollar...they are VERY hard to get to. Just in a bad spot! Kind of sits under part of the front skirt and it is hard to thread the breastcollar staps through.

Anyhow he likes his Corrient Wade and I might buy one also!!

The ultimate goal in Saddle Seat riding is a truly thrilling performance. A saddle seat horse should be thrilling to watch; extremely elegant, classy, and stylish. Many casual spectators watching a truly good Saddle Seat performance may think the horse is about to burst with excitement, but the well-trained Saddle Seat horse is actually very responsive and comfortable to ride, like a finely tuned sports car.

riding saddle

Latest posts