• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Anyone hear the ad on KGFX last weekend?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

SDSteve

Reaction score
Was a did you know ad run about a zillion times last weekend. About BSE and Canada. I don't know how in the hell this ad was going to help anyone. Wasn't paid for by R-calf. I think the name was Pat Trask?? on the ad. Anyway I had to switch stations after a while it was like a five minute commercial and after the third time I said enough is enough. Then today Johnny Smith was bringing up the ad. I like my high prices as much as anyone but this is just plain BS.

That ad is really over the edge of anything resembling common sense, let alone credible science, isn't it?

What is even more ludicrous is that Johnny Smith says "it has to be true, or "they" would be after him". Johnny has spouted absolute lies about NCBA and the Beef Checkoff for years and no one has "been after him". Oh, sure people have tried to talk to him, our checkoff dollars have been used to send him to workshops on the checkoff so he could learn how it is spent, yet only this morning he insisted on his market report that NCBA takes your checkoff dollars and uses them against you (to open the Canadian border). He knows very well that checkoff money can ONLY be used for the contractual work, no profit allowed, and certainly no lobbying or ag politics can be funded with checkoff dollars. So, why is he saying these things he knows are not true week after week? What is he trying to get ranchers to do by his false preaching? Aside from sending more money to R-CALF, that is. He nearly always says you must support that organization in the same breath. It is absolutely dirty pool for a long-time member of the SD Beef Council who has to know the facts to do that.

MRJ

MRJ said:
That ad is really over the edge of anything resembling common sense, let alone credible science, isn't it?

What is even more ludicrous is that Johnny Smith says "it has to be true, or "they" would be after him". Johnny has spouted absolute lies about NCBA and the Beef Checkoff for years and no one has "been after him". Oh, sure people have tried to talk to him, our checkoff dollars have been used to send him to workshops on the checkoff so he could learn how it is spent, yet only this morning he insisted on his market report that NCBA takes your checkoff dollars and uses them against you (to open the Canadian border). He knows very well that checkoff money can ONLY be used for the contractual work, no profit allowed, and certainly no lobbying or ag politics can be funded with checkoff dollars. So, why is he saying these things he knows are not true week after week? What is he trying to get ranchers to do by his false preaching? Aside from sending more money to R-CALF, that is. He nearly always says you must support that organization in the same breath. It is absolutely dirty pool for a long-time member of the SD Beef Council who has to know the facts to do that.

MRJ

I dont believe a word you are saying old girl.I have it from reliable sources that JOHNNY SMITH is a honest man,and you know as well as I he has nothing to gain by lieing ..............good luck PS I notice you sure make it a point to listen to him,who knows maybe you will learn some thing some day.

Hayseed: "I have it from reliable sources that JOHNNY SMITH is a honest man,and you know as well as I he has nothing to gain by lieing"

Johnny Smith has stated that the beef checkoff funds NCBA.

That is a lie!

Johnny Smith stated that Canadian beef is contaminated.

That is a lie!

I guess you and I differ on our definition of an "honest man".

Glad to hear that SD Farm Bureau dumped Pat Trask's membership.

Glad to hear that AFB changed their position on "FLAWED" COOL.

Glad to hear that AFB realizes that any BSE presidence we set against Canada, we will live with tomorrow.

~SH~

HAY MAKER said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

I dont believe a word you are saying old girl.I have it from reliable sources that JOHNNY SMITH is a honest man,and you know as well as I he has nothing to gain by lieing ..............good luck PS I notice you sure make it a point to listen to him,who knows maybe you will learn some thing some day.

Haymaker, it doesn't surprise me any that you do not believe me when I simply report what Johnny Smith has said, You very apparently choose what you believe based on whether it harms or helps NCBA.

What I said is fact. Take it or leave it.

MRJ

Latest posts