• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

anyone raise f-1 baldies

Help Support Ranchers.net:

strawking

Reaction score
I am looking for some F1 baldie bred hfrs or replacements. Please pm me if you have or know of anyone. Would like to buy some every year if I find the type I like.

Hereford76-Ace Deimert-has a nice set up baldiy hefiers for sale up on the highline. We breed and sell quite a few up at our place every year but the freight wuld be extreme to Neb. Call Patsy Houghton at Heartland Cattle Co. at McCook they develop several thousand hefiers a year also.

Still breeding up our own. Got coming 1's 2's 3s 4s and 5's--thinking about getting some Cobb charolais for terminal cross---but want to keep cow's mostly F1's and running outa black cows. Anybody use F1 bulls on F1 cows? Used to be a guy in miles city would advertise F1 bb bulls for sale "keep your baldys baldy"-----On them lines, we left about 8 f1 bull calves intact this yr, will probably cut half of them yet after we see how they did. Now if I can find somebody with similiar cattle and thought process and do a little trading?

Central Montana, outa Dallas polled hereford bulls---these'll be cow bulls.

heifers.jpg

Rod Wright North Platte Neb. has an add on craigslist he's a cattle buyer/broker as it says in the add he has listed 130 F1 baldys bred AI 308-530-4537

Beautiful heifers littlejoe. If you used an F1 on your baldies you'd get 25% red calves, no?

Can you drop those posts in a straight enough line to make a fence? Do they go in deep enough.? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are they those Gallagher iron wood posts.?

Thanks guys, those are some nice looking hfrs litte joe. When do they calve? Would sure like to see some pics when you have time katrina. Ill give that buyer a call but I would like to work with the same person year to year if I can. Just my opinion but i really like baldie cows, can't beat em in my book. I use angus and balancer bulls and am looking to try a simmer angus bull. We were looking at some last year, Chopper, but he could throw grays reds and horns so I passed.

We used to have all hereford X angus baldies and have made the change to sim angus cattle. They can still be baldies, but they raise a heavier calf and I get a premium on my simangus calves from my buyer. I use black angus bulls on the F1 cows making 1/4 sim calves. They do awesome. If you like baldies you might look at some simangus cattle. Still got the same look, just grow a ton better.

bgc said:
We used to have all hereford X angus baldies and have made the change to sim angus cattle. They can still be baldies, but they raise a heavier calf and I get a premium on my simangus calves from my buyer. I use black angus bulls on the F1 cows making 1/4 sim calves. They do awesome. If you like baldies you might look at some simangus cattle. Still got the same look, just grow a ton better.

My experience as well.

Latest posts